Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else shed a little tear hearing this?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else shed a little tear hearing this?  (Read 4491 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: November 20, 2008, 07:12:07 AM »

Never thought I'd say that but Street of Dreams got me

now This I Love got me.

I've turned into a chick or something.....

Seriously though, All these years, There have been some negativity from the fanbase and impatience and just all this stuff. What Axl and even Admins and Mods from GNR Forums  never realized was, that we as a fanbase NEED this like a junkie needs a fix. Music is the most poweful art form in the world and I don't know if I can speak for everyone, but Axl has a unique way of helping me battle my inner demons and he has a way of making me feel good with my life and my problems.

This album is the greatest legal high anyone can get.

just from hearing a few of the Myspace songs *didn't cave and listen to all but hell, I had to hear a few* I have this huge release of emotions and pain that has been pent up for years that only a special unique talented someone like Axl can pry loose from my subconscious.

anyone else feelin this way??

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15:13 AM »

Ill grab a kleenex for you,
and buy you the series of oprah to go with it...

I can't say if they will affect me this way,
Im buying the cd tommorow,
but My prayers are with you. Tongue

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:18:12 AM »

if you feel like that then dont listen to sorry  hihi

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »

no lol?

I just had alot of shivers moments!!!!

html sucks
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:19:05 AM »

I'm sure i'll shed a tear hearing "This I Love".

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 09:02:34 AM »

Great post, D!!! And you're spot on about GNR's music being our version of a fix. Axl's music has helped me climb up from the gutters of heartbreak and self-pity so many times. About three and a half years ago I went through a very tough breakup, and I was in an incredibly low place. Listening to a song like "Estranged" made me realize that, you know what, I'm not the only person to experience these emotions, and I started to build myself back up again.

People talk about music "talking" to them, about connecting with a song and stuff . . . I've never experienced that with any other band except Guns N Roses. It seems like no matter what emotion I'm experiencing--- loneliness, heartbreak, happiness, anger--- there's a GNR song I can listen and relate to.

I wouldn't be surprised if I shed a little tear Sunday, not so much from the beauty of the music, but just the culmination of a dream. After all these years, all the rumors, the coming and going of band members, the occasional sightings of Axl, the leaks, the hints of a release that would seem so promising and then fade away like all the others . . . And now, after all this time, the day we've been waiting for is finally upon us. No more "is it ever gonna happen?" No more "soon's not the word." Chinese Democracy is here!

Here Today . . .
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 09:11:13 AM »

I'm crying as we speak. This is so fuckin' huge it's not even funny!

WOW!!!

And the quality of the sound is just, just, MONSTER! Never heard anything like it before!

Is this really happening? I don't want to wake up!!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 09:12:35 AM »

I wouldn't shed a tear per se but its musical arrangements are very sweet sounding and are beautiful.

It's a great song, but I still love the old ballads from the old days.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 09:20:08 AM »

When I got to the end of the album I was an emotional wreckage!  The outro of Prostitute provides the perfect soundtrack to the period of reflection that is required when you are trying to digest the fact that you have just heard Chinese Democracy.  I was pretty close to the brink of tears.......

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 09:21:01 AM »

There's a reason I'd prefer to listen by myself....
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »

I just feel that there's a void in me that's about to be filled at the end of the week. Like there won't be something missing from my life anymore. Throughout all the phases of my life, all the different music that I've come to enjoy, some a lot more technical and skillful than GnR, but none ever closer to my heart. This feeling isn't just something you get from growing up with a band, it's a feeling you get when while you've been growing, this music has pulled you out of the gutter numerous times. This is it, this is what i've been waiting so long for. And I just feel that I'm finally nearing some form of inner peace, some form of completion.
D's spot on. It's like a fix that I need to have.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »

You guys feel the same way as I do. 

Growing up this music touched on so many things that no one else seemed to notice or care about.

Thanks to GNR I kept some sanity and batttled through alot of tough shit.
The music touches the soul in a way that is amazing and unexplainable.

Once again thank GOD for AXL and GNR.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »

I can't think of any rock singer other than Axl and Freddie who could even compose something like this

There is a genuine beauty to this, it's like a classical piece.  I won't lie, it annoys me when people call a song like this cheesy.  It would be cheesy if it was forced or fabricated.  This is pure, authentic emotion.  I heard someone else say that this song is literally the sound of a broken heart.  Couldn't agree more with that
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 08:13:30 PM »

Well I wet myself, does that count?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 08:15:44 PM »

I havent heard them all, but i couldnt resist and I heard sorry in the Myspace stream... im simply  Lips Sealed speachless, it is a song that has sooo much in it i mean the lyrics are amazxing and very heart felt,  its one of the best songs i have heard and conected with in all mylife (33 years and counting)

Here Today..
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »

wow....im not the only one who should be locked up in the asylum....
tears of joy...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »

I largely kept it together...

"This I Love" took my breath away though... so much so that I had to stop it. That's a toughie on so many levels. It FEEEEEEELS so much like the old GN'R we all first fell in love with- and Robin's solo is absolutely gorgeous- in fact I think it's the best instrumental performance on the album IMHO (and therefore one of the best GN'R solos EVER). Meanwhile- the fact that Axl would have the guts to rip out his own heart and hand it to the undeserving "general public" like that is stunning to me. It's why he's this generation's greatest musical artist- bar none. So yes- a tear came to my eye at track 13. I never thought "Prostitute" (equally beautiful) would be a pace changing mood changer- but after #13... it's definitely that. It's a great way to close out a masterpiece album on a "perservering" through all the bullshit note.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 10:15:30 PM »

A lot of people always look at me like I'm crazy, which I am, but its never been "Just Music" to me. That's one thing about the wait. I waited cause I knew the pay off would be worth it and basically I had no choice. I need these songs and that emotion to help me when I am down and all that.

Very few artists do that for me which is why I am always so passionate and will fight to the death to defend the bands I love.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »

I am speechless at this point, and If I may add comfortably numb, I have yet to hear the final product, though i sit here tonight reading everyones heartfelt emotions, I am honestly touched by most of you, and i wonder where my own personal journey will be taking me in just a couple more days.  Oh and D I think you are indeed a wonderful guy, nothing wrong with a few tears, no matter who you are, and if I might add they were well deserved. Wink

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »

I totally expect to cry when I'm finished listening to it. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: