Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let's thank Guns N' Roses!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's thank Guns N' Roses!  (Read 3203 times)
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »

Not being funny but with World AIDS day around the corner on Dec 1st, I'm sure if we all put our money together but to a better use such as The Mercury Phoenix Trust that he'd be just as happy,
plus it links with the whole Catcher In The Rye vibe with Brian May and a good reward for his work to one of his own heros, Freddie Mercury, without whom I'm told some tracks on CD wouldn't be the same!

They are currently doing a Sponsor A Star system and any amount can be given with a message, I'm thinking a huge pot to give them and we thank GN'R that way? we could call the star Chinese Democracy!

http://www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com/

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 06:57:39 PM »

Not being funny but with World AIDS day around the corner on Dec 1st, I'm sure if we all put our money together but to a better use such as The Mercury Phoenix Trust that he'd be just as happy,
plus it links with the whole Catcher In The Rye vibe with Brian May and a good reward for his work to one of his own heros, Freddie Mercury, without whom I'm told some tracks on CD wouldn't be the same!

They are currently doing a Sponsor A Star system and any amount can be given with a message, I'm thinking a huge pot to give them and we thank GN'R that way? we could call the star Chinese Democracy!

http://www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com/

I agree - sounds like a way better idea.

Taking out an ad to thank a recording artist for recording an album they were paid to put out and you've paid to hear seems a little nuts, even for me.

And there goes the challenger...
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 07:16:12 PM »

How about showing thanks by purchasing the album  yes

I agree.  Purchase the album, purchase 5 and hand them out as Christmas presents, buy some shirts and shit, see the band live a time or two if possible.  Everything I owe Axl will flow though my American Express card... other than this:  Guns N' Roses, thank you for an uncompromising, unforgettable, and truly a great album.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »

How about showing thanks by purchasing the album  yes

dont worry: i'll buy the cd-album, the vinyls, and every single piece of legal shit GNR will offer.

and i am ALSO willing to pay for this.

count me in.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »

I am interested in the mercury phoenix trust as well.
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 12:04:35 AM »

Thank you Axl and Guns N' Roses for a truly magnificent album.  ok

I knew I never gave up hope for a reason, and you have well and truly delivered!  hihi hihi

beer

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 12:21:14 AM »

I didn't mean to be harsh, its just I think its appropriate to thank the band and Axl by buying their material.  If you run into Axl you can thank him   drool

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 05:03:12 AM »

Yeah, I could pay my part of a sizeable pot going to the Mercury Phoenix Trust. Maybe we could use Fundable?

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 05:09:21 AM »

I am a fan since 1991 and now the silence is over.Thank you very much ok ok

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 05:39:24 AM »

Okay I am going to make this a long and drawn out Thank you. Forgive me its 4 am and I am spilling my guts here!!

I don't know about the rest of you but music is pretty much the reason I get up in the morning. It has been sense I was a little kid. Iwas taught that music is one of the most powerful things in the universe. {Thanks Mom} And what she didn't teach me about music I soon figured out for myself. I have lived my life with only a few family members and even fewer freinds.
I chose this life. I have only kept people I trust close to me. Notice I said trust, not love.

I have connected with a lot of music over the years, but none like GNR. I have to admit it has been because of Axl's words and voice more then anything. Some people just touch you more then others. Some people you connect to and have no idea why. But I learned a long time ago. If you make a connection it's special. Hang onto it. So like a lot of you, I have been here all along waiting for this CD and this dream for Axl and the band too finally get what they have earned. Well Axl and company this is it! Hold your heads high! I got up at 3 am to listen for the first time. And I am blown away. these songs are amazing! they are put together so professionally I can't believe it. Even a couple that are not quite my cup of tea still amaze me by how well they are put together. Songs like Chinese Democracy, Better, Madagascar, Sorry, Scrapped, This I Love, Street of Dreams and  Shacklers Revenge are destended to be classics. these are masterpieces!! This i love is so fucking powerful yet so simple to the ear. I had tears, man! And the honesty in those simple words! Sorry lets face it is easy to see where it came from. Who needs to do interviews? Just put it to pen and paper!

But I have to say sense the first time I heard Madagascar {While watching a bootleg of the RIO show} It blew me away. It blew me away in a very personal way. As I said before I keep only a small few people close to me. And for good reason. there is a lot of pain and sadness there. But listening to Axl's words in that song. Finally someone had put how I felt to words. I never could and lived in shame for keeping people I love away from me. Finally those words made it feel okay to me. It was overwelming!!! I broke down completely. It felt so good to be understood, even if it was by a stranger. Maybe not a stranger.

So I have rambled on and on and this probably sounds like a nut case too most of you, but its hard to put into words what music makes you feel. The important thing is that it does make you feel. If it wasn't for music I would be dead or totally numb to the world.

Many musicans have touched me over my life. Everyone from Betsy Smith {thanks for that one Axl} too Marilyn Manson. But no band or vocalist has the way GNR and Axl have. Axl you have created a masterpiece you can be very proud of. Guys Axl picked you all for a reason. A lot of us can see clearly why. As this cd starts hitting the shelves this weekend stand tall! You all should be very proud of what you have created. Con Grads! My hats off you all of you! THANK YOU

Peace out
amy loeffel
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:43:43 AM by willow » Logged

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 05:19:24 PM »

Everyone in or was in Guns N' Roses Thank You so much of this soon to be Classic album.  beer There is nothing out there in the music world that can touch what you guys just did with this album. And I and i think everyone on here THANKS YOU as well. Its been a very long wait. HAHA and i wouldn't want it any other way  smoking See you front and center in 2009.

~Steve V

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

I have a VERY IMPORTANT day tomorrow, but here I am, a bit drunk and I should have gone sleeping a few hours ago... I just can't stop listening!

THANK YOU GUNS N' F*#KING ROSES!!!

Like the name of this site.. HERE TODAY... GONE TO HELL!

See you guys in 2009, in front of the mixing table and center smoking

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 06:19:37 PM »

My Heartfelt (sappy yes, but Heartfelt) Thanks to Mr. Axl Rose and all of Guns N' Roses!!  I haven't looked forward to anything in so long, as much as I am looking forward to buying and listening to Chinese Democracy this Sunday, the 23rd.
I am probably the only fan on the planet who hasn't listened to the leaks, or even now the singles. I want my first listen to CD to be fresh!

I have been a fan since the beginning and I am PROUD to be a major GN'R fan! love

So revel in this moment, and to hell with the haters.  beer

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Slash_N_Roses
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »

WOW What can I say.....as a HUGEEEEEEEE GNR Fan for many many many many years Id like to congratulate axl on a fine peice of work called, Chinese Democracy.

THANK U SO MUCH AXL AND GNR FOR THIS COLLECTION OF REAL MUSIC THAT WE AS MUSIC FANS HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO HEAR IN QUITE SOME TIME.

Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 08:42:12 PM »

Thank you for bringing music back. The world needs Axl Rose.
axlroselegend
Headliner

Irish Gunner

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »

Thank you Axl and every musical contribution which has brought this CD to us.
I love Guns N' Roses, i love everything GNR stands for and I love that GNR are back and i have a new GNR CD in my hifi system.

Big up Axl
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »

Thankyou guns n roses for finally coming back and showing the world what real fucking music is,

perfection takes time,
and Axl, this is as near to perfection as what is possible

rock on motherfucker!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: