Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My Best Buy pre-order arrived!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Best Buy pre-order arrived!!!  (Read 23947 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »

Littlefly did you get a coupon for the free download of the album with your vinyl purchase?  Or did that promotion come into play AFTER you pre-ordered?  That was a promo right?  I'm not dreaming that?

Yeah, that happened AFTER I pre-ordered.  I ordered on that first day when there were 3 different (undisclosed) covers. The same day, they suspended pre-orders.  A few days later, they started the pre-ordering again, with fewer covers (I think).  

I can't remember when the free download thing happened, but I do remember people saying that existing pre-orders would have to be cancelled and reordered to allow that.

All told, I'm glad I didn't do that hihi
Okay, that's what I figured.  Congrats by the way LittleFly!  You must be so psyched, and we're all psyched for you, and all others who have had the fortune of getting CD in their hands.  Well, maybe not EVERYONE is psyched.  I've read some posts from people who are angry.  Easy people.  The album is on myspace now if you want to listen to it.  It'll be streamed on a few radio stations Friday at midnight.  It'll be available for ALL on Sunday.  And apparently some people are having luck calling independent record stores.  This is a GREAT TIME people.  Let's rejoice!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2008, 12:08:18 AM »

If that's the case, then I have no idea how to claim my free digital copy hihi  And knowing Best Buy, I probably have to claim it by the end of the day that I get the order.....their good like that  Roll Eyes

Wait, so the vinyls don't have any instructions and a note with a code?

That's been the case with other LPs I've gotten.

/jarmo

I think like LittleFly said, that offer kicked in a couple weeks after she pre-ordered, like the free single offer.  So maybe that's why she didn't get the coupon.  I pre-ordered my LP yesterday, so I'll see if I get it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2008, 12:11:44 AM »

I think like LittleFly said, that offer kicked in a couple weeks after she pre-ordered, like the free single offer.  So maybe that's why she didn't get the coupon.  I pre-ordered my LP yesterday, so I'll see if I get it.

Do you know what means of download are available?..I'm assuming it is via ITunes?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:42 AM »

If that's the case, then I have no idea how to claim my free digital copy hihi  And knowing Best Buy, I probably have to claim it by the end of the day that I get the order.....their good like that  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I remember one of the European album press releases mentioning the digital copy being part of the vinyl set....

So I assumed it wasn't a promotion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2008, 12:15:42 AM »

Do you know what means of download are available?..I'm assuming it is via ITunes?
I would assume iTunes, could also be Napster too, since they're affiliated with Best Buy.  I'd guess you could use either.  I think that was the case with the free download, for which I used Napster.

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2008, 12:17:09 AM »

/jarmo

I remember one of the European album press releases mentioning the digital copy being part of the vinyl set....

/jarmo

Gah, I'm confused now.  Both albums DO have stickers on them (or at least one still does, but I checked the wrapping on the other one too) that say "Includes Bonus Download of Entire Album on Ipod Compatible, Open MP3"

How in the hell to GET the download, I'm still lost.  Remember though, this is the FIRST new vinyl that I've EVER purchased, so I'm an idiotic noob at the moment Smiley

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2008, 12:17:37 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo
Yeah see, I don't remember hearing about it till a couple weeks after.  I was on the fence about buying the LP, since I don't have a record player, but when I heard about the free download that sold me.

You could be right though.  I could've just missed it from the start.

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »

OH!!! I FOUND IT!!!

Deep inside the sleeve of the 2nd record, I found a little slip of paper.  Must have been why that side was all crumpled

YYYAAYY!! I got free download!!!

Available from 12:01 am Nov 23 2008 through Nov 23 2009.  A full year! Bust Buy must not have anything to do with it.  I got 2 free coupons from them and I had to use them the same DAY I got them....even if I got the email at 10 pm on Halloween.  Good thing I'm a night owl.....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:21:35 AM by LittleFly » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2008, 12:21:27 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Gah, I'm confused now.  Both albums DO have stickers on them (or at least one still does, but I checked the wrapping on the other one too) that say "Includes Bonus Download of Entire Album on Ipod Compatible, Open MP3"

How in the hell to GET the download, I'm still lost.  Remember though, this is the FIRST new vinyl that I've EVER purchased, so I'm an idiotic noob at the moment Smiley
Okay, so that settles that!

Does Ipod compatible mean just iTunes?  Or would Napster still be an option?  I don't do iTunes.  My CPU from 2001 can't quite figure out the advanced technology.

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Okay, so that settles that!

Does Ipod compatible mean just iTunes?  Or would Napster still be an option?  I don't do iTunes.  My CPU from 2001 can't quite figure out the advanced technology.

I think it's open.  The URL is gnronline.com/vinyl

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2008, 12:25:16 AM »

I would assume iTunes, could also be Napster too, since they're affiliated with Best Buy.  I'd guess you could use either.  I think that was the case with the free download, for which I used Napster.

Upon review of my BB vinyl pre-order e-mail, I had  code to DL the CD single via Napster...I'd assume the album will be the same....thanks.
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2008, 12:47:26 AM »

My local record store called today and said I could pick my copy up!!!!
The Aussie version doesn't have the sticker like the US one but printed on the bottom left hand corner is a warning about language! lol

Do you know where the f**k you are?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2008, 01:50:35 AM »

Got my BB ones too. Fucking killer!!!

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2008, 06:11:20 AM »

Just checked my order and it is "OUT FOR DELIVERY"!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS TODAY!!  beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »

/jarmo

Nope. Same issue with me...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »

J U S T

G O T

M I N E ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I'm sooooooo stoked. And yes, the download code was right there in with one of the LPs

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pine Barrens
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2008, 08:48:57 AM »

This is sad..I'm checking my BestBuy shipment tracking info pretty much every hour of every day...I WANT MY CD NOW!  crying
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2008, 01:38:48 PM »

So I got my vinyl copy today - but there's no info anywhere about how to get the free mp3 version of the album that was promised.

Does anyone else have any details?

And there goes the challenger...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2008, 01:40:15 PM »

So I got my vinyl copy today - but there's no info anywhere about how to get the free mp3 version of the album that was promised.

Does anyone else have any details?

Look INSIDE the record sleeves.  I think it's in the 2nd album's sleeve.  SMALL piece of paper, very easily missed.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »

Just got mine too!
Feel kinda guilty playing it already.

Man...the sound is so crisp and amazing.
The myspace stream doesn't do it justice.

Yep, digital thing in the second sleeve.
Can't deny the design looks a little rushed...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: