Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My Best Buy pre-order arrived!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Best Buy pre-order arrived!!!  (Read 23889 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »

Freaking Best Buy hasn't even shipped my pre-order yet and they told me that it might not be here until the 27th.

Needless to say, I'm not too happy right now. At all.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
chitowngunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2008, 06:00:57 PM »

Freaking Best Buy hasn't even shipped my pre-order yet and they told me that it might not be here until the 27th.

The same for mine.  That's why I'll be at Best Buy at the ass crack of dawn and getting a pre-order copy Grin.. ok

06.23.88 - Chicago (show cancelled)
04.10.92 - Chicago (show cancelled)
01.01.01   - Las Vegas, NV
11.18.02 - Chicago
11.27.06 - Chicago
Olorin
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »

Awesome pictures LittleFly! New vinyl always looks so beautiful before the first ever play. I love the smell and feel, there are still fine burrs of plastic brushing off from when the grooves were cut out at the pressing factory  love I used to dj and have about 2000 records in storage, I really should sell them on but I'm just too attached to them.

I'm going to be unearthing one of my classic Technics 1210's for the first big official Chinese Democracy experience at home.

I'm gutted about the errors in the booklet, really poor show  no  How hard is it to proof read the first copy before printing millions of them?

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2008, 06:09:23 PM »

hey.  i did in store pickup also.  if i read correctly, best buy will send us another email confirming the arrival of our order.  we need to bring that email along with the first email they sent to us to pick up.  when do you think this email will come?

To me, that's a moot point.   I'm going there with my order # and first e-mail when the store opens.  If they don't have my copies put aside, I'm assuming I can grab two off the shelf.   I am NOT waiting around for that second e-mail on Sunday.    beer
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2008, 06:11:23 PM »

Not tryin to shit on u guys or anything, but why preorder something to pick up at the store?

Why wouldn't u just go to the store and pick it up off the shelf?

My Best Buy has horrendous register service, and I despise trying to get through their check outs.  This way, my order is paid for, I go to customer service, get my CDs and leave.  It wouldn't surprise me for them to be sold out, either.   Many times I've driven 40 minutes to the store assuming they would have a copy of a new release, only to find out they only got x amount of copies and sold them all. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »

Okay, couple questions for LittleFly, Gypsy Soul, and anyone else who got the goods.  You got the e-mail that your package had been sent yesterday right?  So it took just ONE day since then?  LittleFly, is in RI I know.  How about the others?  East coast as well?  I'm in CT, that's why I'm asking.  I got my e-mail today, so if things stay true to form, I should be getting it tomorrow.  Although I ordered the vinyl (for collection purposes) and don't have a record player.  Should've added a CD to the list.  DAMN! 

One more thing.  Did you get a coupon for the free download with the vinyl?  Wasn't that supposed to be part of the deal?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2008, 06:32:42 PM »

very fucking cool, things just cant get any better for us gunners right now!

scraped
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »

It seems Best Buy should just give us our fucking copies or just sell the fucking thing as long as they knowingly sent some out early.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »

I'm an hour away from Buffalo NY and thats where my CD is right now!! crying  hihi  beer

I've never been so close  drool

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »

OMG, just got home from work and my c.d. and LP were waiting waiting to greet me! Like a long lost lover....Halleluya!!!!   peace
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2008, 07:01:13 PM »

So those of you who've got your vinyls - any word on how to get your complimentary mp3 version?

And there goes the challenger...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »

Not tryin to shit on u guys or anything, but why preorder something to pick up at the store?

I can think of a few reasons:

1) Free single

2) "Front of the line" access at the listening parties

3) Knowing you'll have a copy waiting for you, just in case

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »

It seems Best Buy should just give us our fucking copies or just sell the fucking thing as long as they knowingly sent some out early.

that's what i'm saying. I've spoken to two managers and none will make this right. I'm sorry you fucked up... but I don't deserve to wait while others will have the lyrics memorized by the time I open the album.

I will not be Christmas shopping at BB.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »

I'm going to go get it on my break at work (I'm the Electronics manger at Target and Best Buy is in the same parking lot) and this way I can just walk in, get my stuff and walk out without having to take the time to wait in line and whatnot.

I didn't want it shipped to me considering the release was a Sunday and there's no mail on Sunday and the last time I ordered Vinyl through mail it came cracked.

What can I say/do to get my copy?? PM ME if necessary but I am utterly disgusted with Best Buy right now... I feel totally screwed and BB doesn't want to help me.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »

Okay, couple questions for LittleFly, Gypsy Soul, and anyone else who got the goods.  You got the e-mail that your package had been sent yesterday right?  So it took just ONE day since then?  LittleFly, is in RI I know.  How about the others?  East coast as well?  I'm in CT, that's why I'm asking.  I got my e-mail today, so if things stay true to form, I should be getting it tomorrow.  Although I ordered the vinyl (for collection purposes) and don't have a record player.  Should've added a CD to the list.  DAMN! 

One more thing.  Did you get a coupon for the free download with the vinyl?  Wasn't that supposed to be part of the deal?

My brother is in NY (Binghamton).  ETA on tracking is STILL Friday..but then, Cindy's was the 20th (tomorrow).  My brothers came through NJ...from the tracking info Cindy posted, hers did to.  His is showing as being pretty local, now...but I think it missed the USPS delivery window.  Maybe tomrrow, but now I'm pretty certain...all things considered...by Friday.  Looks like you ordered yesterday, and it probably shipped late last night I'm assuming.  Given that time frame, I'd thing tomorrow or Friday, too.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:18:23 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »

rofl Sorry man, I'm just picturing you marching around breaking things. Youll get it Sunday like the rest of us mortals!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »

I hope it's not against Best Buy policy to scream like a fucking maniac when I get my hands on this motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!   hihi  Seriously, this is going to be amazing.   Just like I tell my kids...there will be "happy tears."   love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2008, 07:29:25 PM »

that's what i'm saying. I've spoken to two managers and none will make this right. I'm sorry you fucked up... but I don't deserve to wait while others will have the lyrics memorized by the time I open the album.

I will not be Christmas shopping at BB.
Seriously, you're upset because a few people got it early? It's not like Best Buy is saying "You'll get it next month." You're still going to get it on the release date (if you're picking it up at the store), or possibly sooner/later if it's being mailed to you. That's the risk of having a pre-order mailed to you, sometimes you get it sooner and other times you get it much later (especially when a product is in high demand). There's no sense getting bent out of shape about it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »

I hope it's not against Best Buy policy to scream like a fucking maniac when I get my hands on this motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!   hihi  Seriously, this is going to be amazing.   Just like I tell my kids...there will be "happy tears."   love

Admittedly, probably on my side, too.  But I'll try to hold off until I get to my car, tear it open, and pop it in.

I'll admit that I welled up a bit at the listening party in NYC.  I saw some others do the same.  Not tears...but certainly some water in the eyes.

Together again,
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2008, 07:31:22 PM »

if this was just another CD... from U2, Metallica... what have you... i wouldn't get that upset... but this is fucking CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!

i'm ranting and raving... that's it.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: