Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My Best Buy pre-order arrived!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Best Buy pre-order arrived!!!  (Read 23895 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2008, 08:55:24 PM »

I somehow don't think complaining that you didn't receive your album before it's release date is going to get you very far.

And there goes the challenger...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2008, 09:00:12 PM »

Okay, couple questions for LittleFly, Gypsy Soul, and anyone else who got the goods.  You got the e-mail that your package had been sent yesterday right?  So it took just ONE day since then?  LittleFly, is in RI I know.  How about the others?  East coast as well?  I'm in CT, that's why I'm asking.  I got my e-mail today, so if things stay true to form, I should be getting it tomorrow.  Although I ordered the vinyl (for collection purposes) and don't have a record player.  Should've added a CD to the list.  DAMN! 

One more thing.  Did you get a coupon for the free download with the vinyl?  Wasn't that supposed to be part of the deal?

My brother is in NY (Binghamton).  ETA on tracking is STILL Friday..but then, Cindy's was the 20th (tomorrow).  My brothers came through NJ...from the tracking info Cindy posted, hers did to.  His is showing as being pretty local, now...but I think it missed the USPS delivery window.  Maybe tomrrow, but now I'm pretty certain...all things considered...by Friday.  Looks like you ordered yesterday, and it probably shipped late last night I'm assuming.  Given that time frame, I'd thing tomorrow or Friday, too.
My tracking info still isn't showing up for some reason.  I've now pre-ordered 3 separate times.  2 say they've been shipped, but I click on the tracking number and it gives me some message that the tracking info is not currently available.  I don't know what the reasoning behind that is.  If it indeed HAS been shipped, they should be able to track it, I would think.  Well, I won't sweat it.  The earliest one is going to a friend, so that one has no bearing on me.  My pre-order from last night was for the LP and I don't own a record player so that won't do me much good as far as listening to it.  I tried one last time tonight for a CD in the off chance that they'll rush delivery, ship it out tomorrow, and it'll arrive by Friday.  Wishful thinking, worth a shot though.  Worse comes to worse, I wait till Sunday to purchase it at the store.  That was the original plan anyway.  Anything more than that would just be gravy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »

oh my god.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »

question for those of you who have recieved the pre-order.  Were your orders more than just one LP or CD?? I know LittleFly ordered two???

The reason I ask is because I notice my order, which is bigger, is being shipped 100% UPS.  My friends pre-order, who is only buying one CD, was shipping via UPS to a United States Post Office sorting facility, and will then by mailed from there.  I wonder if this has anything to do with people getting there stuff early??

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:17 PM »

Okay, couple questions for LittleFly, Gypsy Soul, and anyone else who got the goods.  You got the e-mail that your package had been sent yesterday right?  So it took just ONE day since then?  LittleFly, is in RI I know.  How about the others?  East coast as well?  I'm in CT, that's why I'm asking.  I got my e-mail today, so if things stay true to form, I should be getting it tomorrow.  Although I ordered the vinyl (for collection purposes) and don't have a record player.  Should've added a CD to the list.  DAMN! 

One more thing.  Did you get a coupon for the free download with the vinyl?  Wasn't that supposed to be part of the deal?

My brother is in NY (Binghamton).  ETA on tracking is STILL Friday..but then, Cindy's was the 20th (tomorrow).  My brothers came through NJ...from the tracking info Cindy posted, hers did to.  His is showing as being pretty local, now...but I think it missed the USPS delivery window.  Maybe tomrrow, but now I'm pretty certain...all things considered...by Friday.  Looks like you ordered yesterday, and it probably shipped late last night I'm assuming.  Given that time frame, I'd thing tomorrow or Friday, too.
My tracking info still isn't showing up for some reason.  I've now pre-ordered 3 separate times.  2 say they've been shipped, but I click on the tracking number and it gives me some message that the tracking info is not currently available.  I don't know what the reasoning behind that is.  If it indeed HAS been shipped, they should be able to track it, I would think.  Well, I won't sweat it.  The earliest one is going to a friend, so that one has no bearing on me.  My pre-order from last night was for the LP and I don't own a record player so that won't do me much good as far as listening to it.  I tried one last time tonight for a CD in the off chance that they'll rush delivery, ship it out tomorrow, and it'll arrive by Friday.  Wishful thinking, worth a shot though.  Worse comes to worse, I wait till Sunday to purchase it at the store.  That was the original plan anyway.  Anything more than that would just be gravy.

Mine was the same way until just a few moments ago.  It finally showed up on the UPS tracker. 

Also I don't really understand the moaning and complaining of some here about people recieving theirs early.  It's not like you aren't getting it.  What's a few more days til the actual release date when most of us have been waiting since SI came out. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:45:13 PM by jemin » Logged
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2008, 10:07:09 PM »

Thank you for the pictures LittleFly Cheesy
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »

question for those of you who have recieved the pre-order.  Were your orders more than just one LP or CD?? I know LittleFly ordered two???

The reason I ask is because I notice my order, which is bigger, is being shipped 100% UPS.  My friends pre-order, who is only buying one CD, was shipping via UPS to a United States Post Office sorting facility, and will then by mailed from there.  I wonder if this has anything to do with people getting there stuff early??

Yup, I ordered 2 LPs and 1 CD.  It was originally for all of the covers in Vinyl and 1 Cover "A" CD.  It was whittled down to the 2 LPs and 1 CD as we got closer to the release dates because the other 2 covers were cancelled on their end.

Maybe that does have something to do with it?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »

How did Liitlefly get her pre-order before the album is released?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »

Thats what we are trying to figure out....mine has been shipped too, and could get it tommorrow or friday..

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2008, 11:31:48 PM »

Thats what we are trying to figure out....mine has been shipped too, and could get it tommorrow or friday..

They were mailed yesterday from the Best Buy orders as per the confirmation I got with the USPS info.  Just depends on how long your mail takes.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »

UPS is like the slowest package delivery service on the planet, the actual mail is much faster.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2008, 11:43:56 PM »

Mine was the same way until just a few moments ago.  It finally showed up on the UPS tracker. 

Also I don't really understand the moaning and complaining of some here about people recieving theirs early.  It's not like you aren't getting it.  What's a few more days til the actual release date when most of us have been waiting since SI came out. 
Yeah I just checked and the details showed up for my first order.  They don't make much sense though, at least geographically.  The CD is going to New Windsor, NY.  It was shipped from Paulsboro, NJ and now it's in Windsor, CT.  Maybe the UPS driver got lost?  I'm no geography expert but I'm pretty sure he overshot his destination.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2008, 11:45:30 PM »

Thankfully, I'm not the only one who got it  hihi  GNR fans are the best conspiracy theorists out there, and I would be toast!!

I have no idea why it came so early.  When I ordered, I anticipated having the delivery happen sometime next week.  My plan was go to go Best Buy on Sunday to snag a CD.  The stuff I preordered was going to be kept for framing or whatever.

I, however, am not complaining!!! Grin

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2008, 11:49:48 PM »

Littlefly did you get a coupon for the free download of the album with your vinyl purchase?  Or did that promotion come into play AFTER you pre-ordered?  That was a promo right?  I'm not dreaming that?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »

Littlefly did you get a coupon for the free download of the album with your vinyl purchase?  Or did that promotion come into play AFTER you pre-ordered?  That was a promo right?  I'm not dreaming that?

As far as I remember and know, the "get a digital copy with your vinyl" thing isn't just a promotion.

It's part of the package so to speak.

I think the code expires though...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2008, 11:59:22 PM »

Yeah, that happened AFTER I pre-ordered.  I ordered on that first day when there were 3 different (undisclosed) covers. The same day, they suspended pre-orders.  A few days later, they started the pre-ordering again, with fewer covers (I think).  

I can't remember when the free download thing happened, but I do remember people saying that existing pre-orders would have to be cancelled and reordered to allow that.

All told, I'm glad I didn't do that hihi

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »

As far as I remember and know, the "get a digital copy with your vinyl" thing isn't just a promotion.

It's part of the package so to speak.

I think the code expires though...

/jarmo

If that's the case, then I have no idea how to claim my free digital copy hihi  And knowing Best Buy, I probably have to claim it by the end of the day that I get the order.....they're good like that  Roll Eyes

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2008, 12:02:18 AM »

If that's the case, then I have no idea how to claim my free digital copy hihi  And knowing Best Buy, I probably have to claim it by the end of the day that I get the order.....their good like that  Roll Eyes

Wait, so the vinyls don't have any instructions and a note with a code?

That's been the case with other LPs I've gotten.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2008, 12:03:07 AM »

if this was just another CD... from U2, Metallica... what have you... i wouldn't get that upset... but this is fucking CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!

i'm ranting and raving... that's it.

Fuck yes exactly. That is the sound of a true Gunner. Hear that fucking passion. I feel that shit. This thing has leaked. This thing has been sent out to many fans already. Sell this beautiful beast to us now. It is just good goddamn business at this point. Once an album leaks, they begin to lose many sales by the day. Selling it to us now is just good business.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2008, 12:04:26 AM »

If that's the case, then I have no idea how to claim my free digital copy hihi  And knowing Best Buy, I probably have to claim it by the end of the day that I get the order.....their good like that  Roll Eyes

Wait, so the vinyls don't have any instructions and a note with a code?

That's been the case with other LPs I've gotten.

/jarmo

Not that I could find.  I'm not opening the other one, that one's staying sealed.  But the one I opened did not have any inserts in it.  I'll review the inside and back closer to make sure, but I also did not see any instructions printed on the sleeve itself, either.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: