Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:50:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Prostitute
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prostitute  (Read 70235 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »

Broken record, that's what it seems.

I love Prostitute and the other day I noticed some nice synth in some verses, along with a really awesome rhythm guitar arrangement by Bucket and Robin.

I'm really curious about how the song will sound live, if Axl will play it on piano or not, if Ron would play it with or without the whammy...

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2009, 07:44:43 PM »

Broken record, that's what it seems.

I love Prostitute and the other day I noticed some nice synth in some verses, along with a really awesome rhythm guitar arrangement by Bucket and Robin.

I'm really curious about how the song will sound live, if Axl will play it on piano or not, if Ron would play it with or without the whammy...

Or Chris on the Bubble Machine!  hihi

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2009, 02:04:47 AM »

This is the last thing I always listen to as I fall asleep.

What a perfect way to end the day.
Me...also, headphones on, so relaxing ok

That's how I do it too!  For a peaceful night's sleep, the Dr. recommends Prostitute.  ok

(And I don't see how anyone can compare this song to track #11 from the fourth studio release from Guns N' Roses, other than a dominant piano and deep lyrics.  I just don't, sorry.)

And do we have more people hearing bubbles now?
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2009, 06:20:19 AM »

^Yes! I heard them for the first time the other day, they're odd, but i dont thnk they're apparant enough to interfere with the song fortunately

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »

I still can't hear 'em.

Must be listening to Better too loud hihi
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:36:00 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

try it on a surround sound system or headphones, AxlsMainMan. it's like 3d from 2d.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »

Some people just want to dwell on the past and talk about the old days, and they'll turn any topic possible into that new vs old tired ass bullshit.   Its because they are sad bitter people. 
I dont understand how you can label people bitter when you have no idea who they are. Comments like D's do not represent a bitter person. GnR will always be compared to the past. Im not saying it should always be like that but that is just life.

Btw, I guess your characterizing Axl as a sad, bitter person because a lot of the lyrical content on CD dwells on the past. Almost every song.

If we must talk about ex-members, cant it be guys like Buckethead or Paul Huge or Josh Freese?  at least then we're in the same era and they all contributed to the latest album.
If you talk about Bucket and or Robin then you still get labeled as a hater. So you cant really win unless your kneeling at the alter with whatever lineup is out there at the current time.

As for Prostitute....amazing song. I am totally into the lyrics right now with what Im going through in my life right  now. Without a doubt this song has moved up the chain of amazing CD and GNR songs. Is it Estranged? I dont think so. You can make the argument that Estranged is the best GNR song ever. And that is coming from someone who didnt like the song for the longest time. I never got why everyone loved it for like the first 2 years I started listening to GNR. Then one day I saw the light.  Its not really trying to be Estranged though. Prostitute is its own peaceful song.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »

a lot of the lyrical content on CD dwells on the past. Almost every song.

is there any singer that sings about their future experiences?

If you talk about Bucket and or Robin then you still get labeled as a hater. So you cant really win unless your kneeling at the alter with whatever lineup is out there at the current time.

incorrect. They are on cd and we're talking about them alright.
But if you go on 'bring back bh!' ignoring the fact that he left of his own accord then you've got a problem.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2009, 02:44:16 AM »

try it on a surround sound system or headphones, AxlsMainMan. it's like 3d from 2d.

I posted time markers for when the bubbles come in earlier in this thread.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2009, 02:52:06 PM »

Some people just want to dwell on the past and talk about the old days, and they'll turn any topic possible into that new vs old tired ass bullshit.   Its because they are sad bitter people. 
I dont understand how you can label people bitter when you have no idea who they are. Comments like D's do not represent a bitter person. GnR will always be compared to the past. Im not saying it should always be like that but that is just life.

you know damn well there are a lot of bitter people on these GnR boards.  Most of them don't post here.

We don't always have to compare everything to the past.   Its totally ok to just accept and like the present without bringing up certain former guitar players.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »

you know damn well there are a lot of bitter people on these GnR boards.  Most of them don't post here.

We don't always have to compare everything to the past.   Its totally ok to just accept and like the present without bringing up certain former guitar players.

my sentiments exactly. some of these so called "fans" like to subtly turn every thread into something controversial by comparing it to past recordings or giving their opinion on what guitar player "could have made the song better." they think they're being slick with their "it's a legitimate question" spill, but it's very easy to recognize a troll's agenda. you can smell the bitterness from miles away. such a sad life these "fans" must lead.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

Prostitute is its own peaceful song.

It's a healer. somewhat fatherly or brotherly but kids are fast asleep. hihi

I posted time markers for when the bubbles come in earlier in this thread.

yep i saw that. you're not implying that I should dive and find the monkey for AxlsMainMan, are you? hihi
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »

Prostitute is a great closer.

Definitely a "closure" song of sorts. It puts to rest the aggression and frustration and energy on the record and it truly zones out.
I think it compares to the end of Double Talkin' Jive more than anything with Slash taking those leads on Spanish Guitar.

Its not even close to Estranged. Most (90%) of the fans of CD believe that Estranged is the greatest songs ever made (including myself). That has impacted the way that fans now listen to CD because you cannot go between AFD and CD without UYI in the middle to bridge it out and songs like Estranged kinda help make the musical and lyrical transition over.

Maybe if they made a kick ass video for it, it would begin to approach Estranged on a minimally comparable level, but that song will forever live in the hearts of those who have heard it.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2009, 03:18:23 AM »

Maybe if they made a kick ass video for it, it would begin to approach Estranged on a minimally comparable level, but that song will forever live in the hearts of those who have heard it.

Yeah you're so right, it's the video that makes the song.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2009, 08:33:21 AM »

Prostitute is a great closer.

Definitely a "closure" song of sorts. It puts to rest the aggression and frustration and energy on the record and it truly zones out.
I think it compares to the end of Double Talkin' Jive more than anything with Slash taking those leads on Spanish Guitar.

Just so I understand, what does the 'Prostitute' discussion thread have to do with some asshole's playing on DTJ? Oh, that's right. It doesn't.  Roll Eyes If you're such a big fan of an ex-member's guitar playing, why don't you go and talk about that in the "I can't get over 1988 section". I think most of us here are interested in talking about Guns N Roses, not some lying media whore's guitar style.

Its not even close to Estranged. Most (90%) of the fans of CD believe that Estranged is the greatest songs ever made (including myself).

Oh, really? Do you have the link to some data poll which shows that "90% of the fans" believe this. I must fall into that 10%. 'Prostitute' is fucking amazing. I can't imagine the song being any better than it is.

Thanks for your opinion, but I'll always love and remember 'Prostitute', regardless of whether or not a video release ever accompanies it. Man, some must have a seriously sad life.I can't imagine spending my day trolling a forum of a band that I am a "fan" of just so I can diss the music and comment how things could have been better.   Roll Eyes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2009, 11:24:19 AM »

Why is it that someone mentions an old song and suddenly they're "stuck in the past"?

PS. DTJ came out in 1991. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »

Why is it that someone mentions an old song and suddenly they're "stuck in the past"?

PS. DTJ came out in 1991. Cheesy

Why?  Because 1991 was 18 years ago for starters.  And the topic is about a song on the current album.

18"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?"

Isaiah 43:18-19

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »

^Yeah, but all marknroses did was make a passing comparison to an old GNR song - a positive comparison, by the by - and suddenly he's stuck in the past?

Different if he'd said the song was crap or something.

Now I'm off to search for these elusive bubble noises. Smiley

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »

^Yeah, but all marknroses did was make a passing comparison to an old GNR song - a positive comparison, by the by - and suddenly he's stuck in the past?

Have you seen his other posts?

It's pretty predictable to see the same people do the same thing in the GN'R section.

Meaning, post in threads about the new songs and make it to be about the old band.

Or like they like to call it "my honest opinion".

I grew up listening to the old band, so it's not like I hate them. But I also don't feel the need to constantly bring them up when talking about the present.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »

where exactly are the bubbles?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: