Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:50:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Prostitute
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prostitute  (Read 70233 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »

It takes a special kind of person to try to take the topic, "Prostitute", and try to make it about a former guitarist and songs recorded when he was in the band.

What, you guys got lonely in the reunion thread?

D, I'm glad you love Estranged. I do too, but what the fuck does it have to do with the song Prostitute?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »

People were comparing the two songs, someone said they liked it better etc and I was weighing in on the post.

Just given a different perspective of the comparison

I did back up everything with valid points and reasons though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2009, 06:33:04 AM »

People were comparing the two songs, someone said they liked it better etc and I was weighing in on the post.

you did it by babbiling off topic about the old lineup like you always do
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »

ok i can hear the bubbles now.

they sound kinda like the sound on the old sonic the hedgehog game when you had to get air on the underwater levels.

still loving this song, one of the best on the album.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »

yeah, this type of "fan" behavior  seems to be pretty common throughout the communities i've noticed. it's fucking bullshit. every gnr forum that i've come across has a section for people who can't get over the past, yet they like to subtly (and i use that word loosely) take any topic, no matter what it is, and bring up some asshole loser who has been out of the band for 13 years. i feel both annoyed by and sorry for these people. must be a pretty sad life to be so hung up on the past that you fail to recognize just how great the present is.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »

yeah, this type of "fan" behavior  seems to be pretty common throughout the communities i've noticed. it's fucking bullshit. every gnr forum that i've come across has a section for people who can't get over the past, yet they like to subtly (and i use that word loosely) take any topic, no matter what it is, and bring up some asshole loser who has been out of the band for 13 years. i feel both annoyed by and sorry for these people. must be a pretty sad life to be so hung up on the past that you fail to recognize just how great the present is.

if the present isn't their thing, they are entitled to that opinion.  i have no problem with that.

I just have a problem with having to read their posts on a Guns N' Roses board in the year 2009.    No need to keep coming to a board about a band you no longer like just for the sake of annoying the fans who have continued to enjoy GnR and their evolution over the years.   It reeks of bitterness and I can't imagine how any of these people have very happy personal lives.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

if the present isn't their thing, they are entitled to that opinion.  i have no problem with that.

I just have a problem with having to read their posts on a Guns N' Roses board in the year 2009.    No need to keep coming to a board about a band you no longer like just for the sake of annoying the fans who have continued to enjoy GnR and their evolution over the years.   It reeks of bitterness and I can't imagine how any of these people have very happy personal lives.

i completely agree. you don't like the new music? great. thanks for taking the time to register at a fan community of the band just to tell us that. i certainly don't understand the rationale that the album "sucks". not your thing? cool. to me, "sucks" just reeks of the bitter idiots who refuse to accept that axl has been able to keep the band alive, active, and releasing some of the band's strongest work to date.

i apologize to the mod team in advance for being off-topic,  i just get tired of seeing it. hell, it's nearly impossible to post at "gnr's biggest fan community" without some idiots with pics of slash in their signature throwing the bird and bitching about how "gnr needs brought back". back from what? they are relasing albums and hoping to tour this calendar year. it's impossible to have normal conversations there about gnr today without being harassed, bitched at, and told that you are stupid. yeah, what real fans.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:22:11 PM by Goose Houston » Logged
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »

i completely agree. you don't like the new music? great. thanks for taking the time to register at a fan community of the band just to tell us that. i certainly don't understand the rationale that they album "sucks". not your thing? cool. to me, "sucks" just reeks of the bitter idiots who refuse to accept that axl has been able to keep the band alive, active, and releasing some of the band's strongest work to date.

i apologize to the mod team in advance for being off-topic,  i just get tired of seeing it. hell, it's nearly impossible to post at "gnr's biggest fan community" without some idiots with pics of slash in their signature throwing the bird and bitching about how "gnr needs brought back". back from what? they are relasing albums and hoping to tour this calendar year. it's impossible to have normal conversations there about gnr today without being harassed, bitched at, and told that you are stupid. yeah, what real fans.

First all, relax or you're gonna have a ejaculation. Second, what the problem is if I have a pics of Slash and say that I really like songs as Prostitute, Catcher and IRS but songs as Madagascar, Scheckler or Scraped are not great songs at all or if I say that Bumble and Fortus are amazing guitars but Finck destroy most of the guitars solos. I think you should be more tolerant, or you prefer a comumunity where everyone thinks the same way? That's too buring. Diversity is very much interesting.

I love Prostitute, and it reminds me Estranged so it is normal that I compare it to or talk about Slash or any former Guns when I mean Prostitute. For example, Schackler's Revenge reminds me Rob Zombie, is there any problem if I talk about RZ?. I don't think so, the problem is old Guns. Do not be hysterical, It's the same band, do not forget that. (Axl wanted this way)

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »

I love Prostitute, and it reminds me Estranged so it is normal that I compare it to or talk about Slash or any former Guns when I mean Prostitute.

You're pretty much inviting everybody to post in the Ex-gunners section about how much better the GN'R material is to whatever they're doing today.

Just remember that.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

see Jim Bob this is where u are somewhat hypocritical

U say this band is GUNS N ROSES right?

Well, seeing how this band is GUNS N ROSES

It is fair to compare music from different eras of the band as long as u are intelligently arguing and aren't just saying shit like

SLASH RULES   NEW BAND SUCKS  which I do not do

What the fuck is with the dumb shit "Get over the past"

OH, because there is a new band I am no longer suppose to love Estranged? I am no longer suppose to love AFD or UYI or Lies or whatever else?

I just find u guys and the way u act to be ridiculous, as if the old era of the band seize to no longer exist or something.

Its just bullshit.

If anybody comes on here and wants to compare songs, we can do so but do it by representing what the song is *WHICH I DID*

I prefaced everything in my argument and no where did i say that Slash or whoever else was the sole reason this was greater than this.

Prostitute is a very good song, I disagree with anybody saying it is on an Estranged level or better than Estranged.

This is a message forum. On message forums, people debate their opinions which is what I did.

It seems to me like a couple people on here don't read entire posts and make assumptions based on a couple of lines

Last I checked, Estranged is credited to Axl Rose, so what? I am a hater cause I prefer an Axl song from 1991 better than one from 2008?

So in case people are keeping score this is what u have to do to be a new fan in 2009:

U have to also like 2009 Axl better than 1991 Axl. Roll Eyes

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »

I love Prostitute, and it reminds me Estranged so it is normal that I compare it to or talk about Slash or any former Guns when I mean Prostitute.

You're pretty much inviting everybody to post in the Ex-gunners section about how much better the GN'R material is to whatever they're doing today.

Just remember that.  ok

/jarmo

I don't necessarily agree though. I like a lot of CD songs way better than some older songs but as I said, I don't like Estranged better cause its Old GNR. I like it better cause it is just hands down one of the greatest pieces of music ever done.  Doesn't matter if the old band got back together, doesn't matter if The Beatles were resurrected, That song in music history is and will always be my favorite.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »

I don't necessarily agree though.

If you guys are so into comparisons between present and past, why not?

Personally I think it's stupid.

Either I like something or I don't. If I like it, does it matter if it's better or worse than something else?

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2009, 02:23:21 PM »

It just all depends IMO

I mean comparing Prostitute to a song like Estranged should be considered EXTREMELY positive seeing as Estranged is consistently rated as the greatest GNR song ever.

How Jim Bob and others can take that as an insult is just a head scratcher for me.

That's like if Led Zeppelin released a new CD telling fans they should forget about all the previous classic songs and stop living in the past.  All artists are compared to their previous work.

When Pearl Jam releases a new album, don't most compare it to previous albums?

I could see if people were just bashing to be bashing, that I don't agree with.

I mean it isn't like we are on here comparing Prostitute to You Ain't The First or So Fine or something.

To be mentioned in the same sentence as Estranged is a pretty damn good thing IMO.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »

Maybe you can understand that some are tired of the comparisons?

The music can stand on its own.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2009, 02:39:43 PM »

Maybe you can understand that some are tired of the comparisons?

The music can stand on its own.

/jarmo

Sure, I agree but if a group of posters start the comparison and I don't agree, I feel the need to weigh in.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2009, 02:43:53 PM »

I don't necessarily agree though. I like a lot of CD songs way better than some older songs but as I said, I don't like Estranged better cause its Old GNR. I like it better cause it is just hands down one of the greatest pieces of music ever done.  Doesn't matter if the old band got back together, doesn't matter if The Beatles were resurrected, That song in music history is and will always be my favorite.

what exactly about 'estranged' being your favorite song has anything to do with discussion of the song 'prostitute'? it doesn't. like the admin said, it's just dumb making such comparisons. especially in a thread that is about 'prostitute'. all that shit does is starts people arguing about what's better, then before you know it, the thread is being littered with comments like, "slash's solo kicks ass" in a thread that has jack shit to do with the asshole.

i don't believe for a second, that you fail to see this. it's just certain people's subtle (again, i'm using the word loosely) way of making jabs and being a shit stirrer. you want to talk about songs that were released 18 yrs ago, i fail to see how the 'prostitute' thread is the place to do so. sorry. Roll Eyes
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »

see Jim Bob this is where u are somewhat hypocritical

U say this band is GUNS N ROSES right?

Well, seeing how this band is GUNS N ROSES

It is fair to compare music from different eras of the band as long as u are intelligently arguing and aren't just saying shit like

Its not about what I say, it is what it is.

Some people just want to dwell on the past and talk about the old days, and they'll turn any topic possible into that new vs old tired ass bullshit.   Its because they are sad bitter people.   Its not as bad on this board as it is in other places.  Its a little more subtle here because you guys know its not welcomed by the admin on this site. 

so i just get really really fucking tired of hearing about comparisons to ex-members or seeing slash become the topic of discussion in the guns n roses section when that guy hasn't been relevant to the band in over 13 years now.   

If we must talk about ex-members, cant it be guys like Buckethead or Paul Huge or Josh Freese?  at least then we're in the same era and they all contributed to the latest album.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

I don't recall talking about Slash exclusively.  I commented on the guitar melodies throughout Estranged BUT I also commented on the vocals, lyrics, piano breakdowns and overall generally feel and mood of the song.

I could see your argument if I came on here an said.

Bucket's solo at the end sucks If it had been Slash, this song would be awesome!!!!!!!

That would be a shitty post and validate what you responded with.

I didn't post anything even remotely like that.

I said, I'd love to hear some guitar melodies throughout the song.

now u interpret this as me saying "if SLash were playing etc etc

I didn't say that. Bucket especially has proven that he is way more than capable of doing that. So when I comment on a song, I am not doing it with an agenda like "WELL if Slash were playing like"

Same with This I Love and I am going completely off topic with this but I would have loved to hear what bucket could've done with that solo.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »

Same with This I Love and I am going completely off topic with this but I would have loved to hear what bucket could've done with that solo.

i think most fans agree that the 'this i love' solo is great as is. i'm not surprised to see you commenting that you wish it would have been someone else. it seems to fit with your agenda that we're speaking of.   Roll Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »

Agenda?  That is hilarious. Bucket's solo on "Sorry" is just out of this world amazing and I'd love to have heard what he could've done on that song.

I am on record and it is pretty common knowledge that I am not a huge fan of Robin's style. Its just too herky/jerky sloppy for my tastes and I just don't dig his tone.

Nothing personal, it is just preference. Im not a huge fan of Joe Perry's tone or solos either and he is an all time legend.

Different ears like different sounds.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: