Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:40:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Prostitute
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prostitute  (Read 70203 times)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2008, 11:54:42 PM »

My 2nd favorite song on the album after "This I Love". It's a beauty... "Estranged" compressed into 6 minutes of "fire and ice". drool

The outro is absolutely stunning too...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2008, 11:56:24 PM »

Best outro I've heard...I'm doing something similar for my album.
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2008, 12:09:35 AM »

Absolutely amazing song to finish an fantastic cd, the lyrics are special and they are healtfelt the tempo picks up and grinds this song, it just kicks your ass! The piano, the drums, the guitar, the music is so complex and I just wish I had the right system to blow the neighbors off the block with this one!
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2008, 12:21:43 AM »

My simple theory is that this song is for SS, and TIL is for EE. But I may be incredibly wrong...and for all we know it could be about a multitude of different people and events.

That's what Axl said.

In the booklet? I haven't read that. Tongue 

do you even know where the fuck I am?
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2008, 08:26:32 AM »

the passage "ask yourself [...] to live with fortune and shame" is one of my favourite part in the album

a great song.

Bring Back Buck
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »

My simple theory is that this song is for SS, and TIL is for EE. But I may be incredibly wrong...and for all we know it could be about a multitude of different people and events.

That's what Axl said.

When he came online last week.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2008, 06:56:09 PM »

and for all we know it could be about a multitude of different people and events.

That's what Axl said.

The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »

and for all we know it could be about a multitude of different people and events.

That's what Axl said.

The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about.

/jarmo

so pretty much it's about whoever Axl is thinking about when he sings it?  Hmmmmmmmmmmm....that'd be the question to ask the man, then. Who does he think about when he sings it?

do you even know where the fuck I am?
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »

This song really grew on me a lot and it's now one of my favorites. at first i thought it was so- so but now i love it.  beer

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2008, 08:53:49 PM »

That's what Axl said.

/jarmo

so pretty much it's about whoever Axl is thinking about when he sings it?  Hmmmmmmmmmmm....that'd be the question to ask the man, then. Who does he think about when he sings it?

I guess what he was saying in a different reply is that the song should be more about who you're thinking about when you listen to it.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2008, 03:22:49 AM »

great track...very different from anything that GNR have ever done...this is probably the most unique sounding track on the album...I love every second of this song...
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2008, 04:37:49 AM »

This song ROCKS!!!

Love the drums! Kinda "unusual"  (if that makes sense...)   Smiley

Great fuckin' lyrics!  "Ask yourself / Why I would choose / To prostitute myself / And live with fortune and shame"

Can't wait to hear this one live. It's right up there with Estranged, at least in my book...

Speaking of Estranged, didn't Axl say in one of his recent chats, that they were considering to play it live again...?  (Couldn't find the quote...) 

Stavanger-rock-city!!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »

yes he said in the first chat something like 'maybe', but also later said he is more focused on new songs now for tour and I really hope so...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2008, 05:41:50 AM »

either way its win win for the fans,
however I cant wait for prostitute and Riad live Cheesy Cheesy

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2008, 05:48:09 AM »

either way its win win for the fans,
however I cant wait for prostitute and Riad live Cheesy Cheesy

as I already said I can't wait to hear Chinese Democracy in whole live ... that would be amazing Cheesy
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2008, 02:06:52 PM »

Yea my thought exactly. I would be really really cool with GN'R just performing Chinese Democracy sequentially from beginning to end in concert. That would be amazing. Axl, seriously please consider this. This album is too brilliant, and I wouldn't substitute no not one goddamn song for a old GN'R song. If anything, play one of the classics in between some Chinese Democracy song but not in place of them.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
malacabeza
Opening Act

« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2008, 09:48:31 PM »

This is for Jarmo, Hey buddy this just came to my mind so I got tell you now,remember years ago,around 2001 or 2002 (you have to remember)I've mentioned here few times that GN'R had a song called Prostitute,and totally you refused to believe there was a song called prostitute by GN'R. Most of those songs from the new Album were written and composed years ago,I just wanna mention it again that in fact there's a song by GN'R called Prostitute.   rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »

This is for Jarmo, Hey buddy this just came to my mind so I got tell you now,remember years ago,around 2001 or 2002 (you have to remember)I've mentioned here few times that GN'R had a song called Prostitute,and totally you refused to believe there was a song called prostitute by GN'R. Most of those songs from the new Album were written and composed years ago,I just wanna mention it again that in fact there's a song by GN'R called Prostitute.   rofl

Umm, sure.

The title was first mentioned in 1999 in an article in Spin magazine.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2008, 04:35:53 AM »

I was listening to this song earlier and i found myself thinking "oh damn, it's almost over."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »

I was listening to this song earlier and i found myself thinking "oh damn, it's almost over."

after prostitute is cd  (again) on my players.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: