Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 11:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar thread  (Read 24611 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 09:14:33 AM »

for me, i think that though it certainly is "mighty" it's the weakest for me on the record

sidenote* please axl, we need OMG

So Madagascar sucks, but OMG is a great song?

rofl

hello, i don't know who you are or where you left your brain sorry Undecided

my opinion is that it's the weakest song on this record, that doesn't mean i think it sucks since the record has such high standards, another opinion of mine is that there could have been more asskicking rock songs, like OMG, a song that is very very underrated IMO
Olorin
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 09:49:34 AM »

Oh My God is one my favourite new GNR songs, whats not to like? ok

Madagascar doesnt seem to be have been produced to the same quality as other songs. The guitars and strings at some parts seem far to low in the mix. Bucketheads solo is drowned out by the samples which is odd.

Its the one song I keep going back to even though I've played it to death over the years.

ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 11:07:57 AM »

i love how its slowed down a bit and i love the new drums during the sample and solo.  mastered version sounds great.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 02:38:21 PM »

why is the song called madagascar?
sorry if this is a stupid question.

always thought it was called madagascar because he feels isolated,lost kinda like he's on a small island and cant find his way of it.
dont really think its a political song.

Yup... this song has to be about the break-up of the original band.  "Forgive them that tear down my soul"... gotta be.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 05:47:24 PM »

I just walked in and it was playing(im a weirdo and leave the radio on all day for my dog while Im gone) on 97.9 loop in Chicago. The DJ commented that he loved the song, got the album over the weekend, and had to listen to it a few times before getting into it as a whole. He said maddy was his fav cut. I myself took a few listens with most all the songs also exept for maybe Better and TWAT which hooked me from the get.

Any other songs being played anywhere?
VerbalAssualt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 07:30:47 PM »

Yeah man, to add to ur comment, I heard prostitute on the loop as well. The dj playing it loves the cd and played almost every song I think over the course of the weekend, pretty sweet.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »

I fucking hate how people call it "maddy", it's disguisting Roll Eyes
Anyway, interesting that Prostitute is getting airplay, that's probably the least radio friendly song on the album. Extremely complex.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 10:57:10 PM »

Heard Pretty Tied Up on SIRIUS Hair Nation today....
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 11:11:55 PM »

Boston,MA area:
WAAF - Better, IRS, Catcher in the Rye and Chinese Demcracy
WBCN:  Chinese Democracy
Rock 101 (NH) - Chinese Democracy, IRS and Catcher in the Rye

Ritz Reeves III
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 11:12:26 PM »

Those are the ones I have heard while driving the last few days

Ritz Reeves III
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 11:17:49 PM »

Anyway, interesting that Prostitute is getting airplay, that's probably the least radio friendly song on the album. Extremely complex.

are u kiddin', that would be my first pic for radio!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 11:18:03 PM »

extremely complex? i wouldn't go that far. i can't really say what i really think about that song because my comment would just be deleted but i think with a title like Prostitute it could have been ALOT better.

as far as radio goes the station i listen to suck but its either listen to them or a station that doesn't even play Metallica because they're "to hard" or listen to a even softer rock station and i just can't take that shit no

so no i haven't heard any other song on the radio besdies CD. I've tried telling them that Better is out now too but they claim that its not and that the other stations i've refered too probably have gotten a siece and decist letter Roll Eyes i just wanna call 'em up and say fuck you i know what i'm talking about but i like winning shit off them Cheesy

however, i was shocked when i heard that this one radio station i just happen to flip through at my work that usually plays the "hottest jams" say that CHINESE DEMOCRACY came out. but after that the dj just talked shit for the next 2 minutes

i hate Nebraska.....

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 11:43:10 PM »

I just walked in and it was playing(im a weirdo and leave the radio on all day for my dog while Im gone) on 97.9 loop in Chicago. The DJ commented that he loved the song, got the album over the weekend, and had to listen to it a few times before getting into it as a whole. He said maddy was his fav cut. I myself took a few listens with most all the songs also exept for maybe Better and TWAT which hooked me from the get.

im more interested in the part of you leaving the radio on for your dog, he feels lonley whith out it or what?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 11:45:32 PM »

extremely complex? i wouldn't go that far. i can't really say what i really think about that song because my comment would just be deleted but i think with a title like Prostitute it could have been ALOT better.

as far as radio goes the station i listen to suck but its either listen to them or a station that doesn't even play Metallica because they're "to hard" or listen to a even softer rock station and i just can't take that shit no

so no i haven't heard any other song on the radio besdies CD. I've tried telling them that Better is out now too but they claim that its not and that the other stations i've refered too probably have gotten a siece and decist letter Roll Eyes i just wanna call 'em up and say fuck you i know what i'm talking about but i like winning shit off them Cheesy

however, i was shocked when i heard that this one radio station i just happen to flip through at my work that usually plays the "hottest jams" say that CHINESE DEMOCRACY came out. but after that the dj just talked shit for the next 2 minutes

i hate Nebraska.....

than you should move to the city hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 01:14:04 AM »

92.3 K Rock in NYC/NJ Played the whole album without interuption twice over the weekend and played every song off the album several times over the course of the weekend every hour on the hour...I heard Prostitute about 4 times, same with just about every song on the album... ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 01:18:18 AM »

If I heard Madagascar on the radio while driving I would probably fall asleep and kill somebody.  Kidding, but not really single material if you ask me.  Same with Catcher in the Rye. 
Annie
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »

I've only been playing theCD in my car so I haven't been listening to the radio.
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 12:50:18 PM »

The dj's in milwaukee on 102.9 the hog HATE Chinese Democracy. I called in to request Better when it came out on radio, and the "Gasman" was like "You like that piece of crap? They should call it Much Much Worse. But hey, this isn't about me, it's about you guys. I guess I can play it for you."  I was like WTF?
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 01:01:31 PM »

Madagascar "maddy...haha" was playing on Y 108 in toronto as well....I'd just missed it, and caught patience instead.

From what I've heard, Radio stations are saying fuck it, and just playing whatever songs they want. I've also hear that This I love has been played quite a bit.

This is DEFINITELY a good thing for the band and the album.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »

im more interested in the part of you leaving the radio on for your dog, he feels lonley whith out it or what?

Kinda off the original topic, but in-line with your question.

As a kid, I went to a rural school. We had a long driveway I had to walk down to meet the bus. Anyway, in the wintertime, I could hear music. I thought I was insane. If it were just quiet enough, I could make out music and voices and everything. I finally asked my dad about it, feeling I was nuts.

Turns out, our neighbor, about 3/4 of a kilometer away, leaves the radio on 24/7 for his cattle in the barn during the winter.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: