Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Album to be Played in Soho London on November 20th
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Album to be Played in Soho London on November 20th  (Read 4060 times)
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: November 17, 2008, 04:14:11 PM »

Rock promoter Perry Stevens and the officially approved GNR tribute Guns 2 Roses have managed to pull together what is set to be the biggest pre release party for Chinese Democracy.

What started as a normal Guns 2 Roses gig has now turned into the official pre release launch for the album.
A rep from Interscope will be there to play the entire Chinese Democracy album 4 days prior to the release not to mention 3 great bands and Guns 2 Roses playing live.

The night titled "Paradise City" to be held at

Madame JoJo's 
8-10 Brewer Street
Soho
London
W1F OSE

They will be giving away FREE & Exclusive Guns n Roses merch at Paradise City this Thursday including T-Shirts, Posters, Poker Chips, the back catalogue and much much more.

Here Chinese Democracy first from 8pm.

For more info check out www.guns2roses.co.uk

GET TICKETS HERE http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=xxx&query=schedule&promoter=paradisecity
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:51:59 AM by Jim » Logged

Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »

G2R are great if anyone hasn't seen them yet. I saw them in Liverpool a few years ago (the first time they played Mathew St), and enjoyed a beer or 2 with 'Axl' in the Crown later that night. I was shitfaced at night, but I was sober when they played and they put on a good show Smiley
nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 04:07:49 AM »

Hi, theres nothing on any of the websites that mentions its a listening party for the album.
domingo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:32:40 AM »

http://www.guns2roses.co.uk/    you can see it here
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 05:56:28 AM »

so before we all rush out and get tickets for this can anyone confrim its real? and no just a g2r gig?

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 06:31:23 AM »

Just got off the phone with a member of staff at Madame Jo Jo's who, in response to my question whether or not CD would be played, said in a rather shocked voice, "Er, how did you know?"  Apparently, it's not been confirmed and is all supposed to be hush hush at the moment.  They're expecting to have confirmation later this afternoon.  If you want to get tickets from Ticketweb, act quickly because he said they've jumped the gun in selling them so early.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
COLDHEARTBREAKER
Headliner

Get In The Ring

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 06:33:28 AM »

so before we all rush out and get tickets for this can anyone confrim its real? and no just a g2r gig?

It is real dude. G2R are already huge and don't need to blag fans to shows with such underhanded tactics.
This was only confirmed last night.

If it helps it is well documented that G2R have always supported Chinese Democracy and New GNR.
The singer was even vip on the GNR 2006 tour and has had numerous relations with Axl and other members of GNR for years.
I'm pretty sure this is 100% official

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 06:39:22 AM »

Rock promoter Perry Stevens and the officially approved GNR tribute Guns 2 Roses have managed to pull together what is set to be the biggest pre release party for Chinese Democracy.

What started as a normal Guns 2 Roses gig has now turned into the official pre release launch for the album.
A rep from Interscope will be there to play the entire Chinese Democracy album 4 days prior to the release not to mention 3 great bands and Guns 2 Roses playing live.

The night titled "Paradise City" to be held at

Madame JoJo's 
8-10 Brewer Street
Soho
London
W1F OSE

They will be giving away FREE & Exclusive Guns n Roses merch at Paradise City this Thursday including T-Shirts, Posters, Poker Chips, the back catalogue and much much more.

Here Chinese Democracy first from 8pm.

For more info check out www.guns2roses.co.uk

GET TICKETS HERE http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=xxx&query=schedule&promoter=paradisecity
lol im sure that is skelly in the avatar.

html sucks
COLDHEARTBREAKER
Headliner

Get In The Ring

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 06:41:25 AM »

it is. they've been engaged since last year. That pic was from a photoshoot in the Sunday Observer magazine in 2007 Wink

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:45:23 AM by COLDHEARTBREAKER » Logged
nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 07:48:45 AM »

Just pop in to the club and the guy said pretty much the same that at the moment they are 90% sure that they will be holding the party but it has not yet been confirmed and probably wnt be until later on today.
COLDHEARTBREAKER
Headliner

Get In The Ring

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 08:00:46 AM »

Guns 2 Roses have just announced that BBC Radio will be interviewing them tomorrow regarding the whole thing. Promoter Perry Stevens of Paradise City has also confirmed it. The venue Madame Jo Jo's is just the hosting venue.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »

It's so sad see growned people dressed as Axl or Slash.

Can you just play the music?

COLDHEARTBREAKER
Headliner

Get In The Ring

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 08:36:44 AM »

They're actors dude. They celebrate GNR and have been keeping the GNR memory alive for years as a result have gained the respect of members of GNR and are famous in their own right for doing so.

If it bothers you that much, when you go there just shut your eyes. rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 09:47:18 AM »

Unlike many other parties, you have to pay to get in. And it's still a concert with the album as a bonus....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:56:10 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

dammit.  I've been looking forward to and hoping something like this would come up and I dont think I can go on Thurs eve.  still - as the album is only a few DAYS away, I know i can survive...  But i would have liked to meet people from here that are going.  Will post if I can make it, but its unlikely  Angry

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »

They're actors dude. They celebrate GNR and have been keeping the GNR memory alive for years as a result have gained the respect of members of GNR and are famous in their own right for doing so.

If it bothers you that much, when you go there just shut your eyes. rofl

Sincerely I don't care they're famous in what they do. Britney Spears is famous in what she do and is, maybe, the worst thing in Earth (musically speaking).

I don't need to shut my eyes because I wouldn't never go at some party like this, I hate tribute bands...although, this isn't a tribute band this is a "want-to-be-like" band

But I don't get surprised anymore with this parties and tributes band and all that stuff, since Dizzy are playing here in Argentina this weekend with a band WHICH PLAYS VELVET REVOLVER'S SONGS, I don't get surprised for anything...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:53:55 AM by Ulises » Logged

g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 09:56:56 AM »

U
Unlike many other parties, you have to pay to get in. And it's still a a concert with the album as a bonus....

/jarmo

Yes unfortunately thats right however this was a concert and a club event with the door charge prior to Guns 2 Roses and Chinese Democracy even being booked.
There are 3 other bands & strippers playing also.
G2'R kinda invaded the event 2 weeks ago in order to get more promotion for Chinese Democracy in London. It was not our decision to charge for the event.
Originally we were going to perform a selection of the new tracks with the classics thrown in but with the album now being previewed that makes it even better for the fans.

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

g2r, do you know whether the album will be played straight through or broken up into segments throughout the evening?

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »

g2r, do you know whether the album will be played straight through or broken up into segments throughout the evening?

segmants i've been told dude. in between each band

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 10:51:32 AM »

segmants i've been told dude. in between each band

That kinda sucks.

I'm glad fans have the chance to hear it legally before the release and share the experience with other fans.

I'm just a bit curious about why the album doesn't deserve its own party in a place like London... You know, where it's the main act so to speak.

But still, I guess this is better than nothing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: