Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Dropped by RCA/SONY BMG
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Dropped by RCA/SONY BMG  (Read 10606 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »

Velvet Revolver Cuts Ties With RCA

November 25, 2008 02:03 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Velvet Revolver has cut ties with RCA Records, which released the group's two studio albums. According to the band, the move was made at its request, to allow "complete freedom to go through whatever process it would take to accomplish" replacing former frontman Scott Weiland.

"The band is thankful that RCA understood the task at hand and has allowed the band to continue on their own," says manager Carl Stubner.

Velvet Revolver had auditioned a number of singers, including Spacehog's Royston Langdon, but appears no closer to finding a new frontman. The band is writing material and pursuing various outside projects; guitarist Slash is making a solo album, while bassist Duff McKagan has recorded and toured with his band Loaded.

Velvet Revolver made a big splash with its 2004 debut, "Contraband," which has sold 1.98 million copies. But last year's "Libertad" shifted only 302,000, and the band splintered earlier this year due to infighting.

"I had already talked to Slash and said there was going to be a [Stone Temple Pilots] tour, and that's the deal. And then basically Matt Sorum just went on the Web site one night and started talking sh*t about me, and I responded and I basically said from the stage that, 'This is the last Velvet Revolver tour.' Some people thought I was kidding, but I meant it," Weiland told Billboard recently.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/velvet-revolver-cuts-ties-with-rca-1003916354.story

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »

So did VR quit the label or did RCA fire them? Reminds me of the Vince Neil/ Motley situation in '91.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 06:52:18 PM »

I hope they sign with an independent label and pick up a singer based on who best fits the band, not who will sell the most records
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

Scott is interviewed by Classic Rock Magazine, someone has posted the scans online.  They cut off a little so I had to guess a few of the words others I just don't know...here is what Scott had to say:

Have you heard that they?ve been dropped by their record label?

Yeah, they were dropped after I quit.  It?s karma, y?know?I never told them that I wasn?t going to make another record I planned on making a final record.  But there were too many egos, and I?m not excluding myself - it was really hard to keep it together.

You also have to remember that it was really the first time that Matt was a member of, rather being a hired (?) and he had Ian [Astbury], Axl and me to deal with; three very different personalities, frontmen with a bit of a reputation.  Matt is a really good friend of mine for a long time.  Actually, I (?) dad at rehab - that?s what they call the person who  takes care of a new resident.  We knew each before but had (?) different lifestyles.  He flew the flag of reckless abandonment that ended up affecting everybody.  Everyone went down eventually, except for Dave.

I heard a quote from Duff where he said, ?We broke up because of Scott?s incessant drug use", which is odd because in the last six years I haven?t done any heroin.  I?ll tell you what really broke up the band: the Yoko Ono factor.  We allowed the wives to have too much say, you never do that in a band.  A band is like a gang.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:28:26 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 04:16:31 PM »

Do you have a link to the scans? cheers for posting
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »

Do you have a link to the scans? cheers for posting

Here are the pages with copy:

http://www.essential-music.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=787&g2_serialNumber=1

http://www.essential-music.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=794&g2_serialNumber=1

http://www.essential-music.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=800&g2_serialNumber=1

Thanks to Tyrant for the scans
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:24:27 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: