Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 443171 times)
tange
Opening Act

« Reply #2140 on: January 05, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »

well, i was skeptical when i heard it was 5 million.  now a month or two later people are suggesting 6?  or was that poster just kidding around?
surely Guns would be the most talked about band if they have shifted 6 million copies without any promotion til last month.

Yeah, but if they are not being promoted then why would any media pick it up. Isn't promotion what gets media attention? Not flaming, just playing devil's advocate.

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2141 on: January 05, 2010, 03:39:51 PM »

well, i was skeptical when i heard it was 5 million.  now a month or two later people are suggesting 6?  or was that poster just kidding around?
surely Guns would be the most talked about band if they have shifted 6 million copies without any promotion til last month.

they haven't sold 5 million world wide and there is no legitimate source to document that. The record company hasn't said that, United World Chart doesn't reflect that...nothing.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2142 on: January 05, 2010, 05:03:31 PM »

So... seriously nobody knows when the Best Buy deal ends?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2143 on: January 05, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »

Could it be possible the deal never specified an exact end date?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2144 on: January 05, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »

that issue has never been formally addressed by Best Buy, the label, Axl or the band's management. Really, they are probably the only people that know.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2145 on: January 05, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »

Could it be possible the deal never specified an exact end date?

or they have exclusive rights to that album forever in the States.....or as long as Best Buy is still in business! Grin

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2146 on: January 05, 2010, 07:30:56 PM »

they haven't sold 5 million world wide and there is no legitimate source to document that. The record company hasn't said that, United World Chart doesn't reflect that...nothing.

United World Chart, or mediatraffic.de, estimates worldwide sales.  It's not an accurate and official indicator of worldwide sales.

Ali
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2147 on: January 06, 2010, 08:08:29 AM »

It is more accurate than a fan on a message board! The label themselves claimed the album had sold around 3,000,000 at some point a few months ago. If you add up the figures that were available on the world chart you can put the pieces together in a semi accurate way and it comes out to about 3,000,000. They back each other up....and again, since then, we have nothing reliable to substantiate any claim to 5-6 million....NOTHING.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I love the record and the boys are killing it live.  peace

superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #2148 on: January 06, 2010, 08:15:34 AM »

Maybe a massive tour like they are doing will boost the sale of CD.  I assume they are selling it at the shows.  I think it would be cool if they had 2 big banners of each side of the stage with the cover of CD on it like they did with the illusion albums.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2149 on: January 06, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »

Maybe a massive tour like they are doing will boost the sale of CD.  I assume they are selling it at the shows.  I think it would be cool if they had 2 big banners of each side of the stage with the cover of CD on it like they did with the illusion albums.

Or a giant inflatable bicycle!  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2150 on: January 06, 2010, 04:24:51 PM »

Or a giant inflatable bicycle!  hihi
boobie cams
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2151 on: January 07, 2010, 06:25:22 PM »

It is more accurate than a fan on a message board! The label themselves claimed the album had sold around 3,000,000 at some point a few months ago. If you add up the figures that were available on the world chart you can put the pieces together in a semi accurate way and it comes out to about 3,000,000. They back each other up....and again, since then, we have nothing reliable to substantiate any claim to 5-6 million....NOTHING.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I love the record and the boys are killing it live.  peace

No, actually the numbers reported by the label last February, not a few months ago, was more that what was estimated by mediatraffic.de.  At least, when I added the numbers last year.  I got under 2 million as of February.  I think the issue is that not all countries report to mediatraffic.de, so the sales that site reports isn't completely representative of the reality.

Not saying that I believe it is 5 or 6 million, but that roughly 3 million was a while ago.  It is more than that now.  I think it could very well be around 4 million.

Ali
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2152 on: January 20, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »

Amazon Canada

http://www.amazon.ca/Chinese-Democracy-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B001JEO9XU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1264032768&sr=8-1

I checked in on the sales rank a week ago or so, and it was between #2,000 and #3,000..

And now.......

Amazon.ca Sales Rank: #64 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)
Popular in these categories:

#1 in   Music > Hard Rock & Metal
#1 in   Music > Classic Rock > Album-Oriented Rock (AOR)
#25 in   Music > Rock

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2153 on: January 20, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »

This tour has really made an impact, good reviews and all.

Sweetness is a virtue
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2154 on: January 20, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »

This tour has really made an impact, good reviews and all.

Bono (at GNRevolution... not the real Bono) was saying that people around him were asking about This I Love and saying they really liked it and wanting to know if it was on CD.

I would assume the same thing is happening with alot of the new tunes,  beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2155 on: January 20, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »

Yeah, I would assume there's a lot of casual fans going to these concerts. Many who haven't bought CD.

When GN'R are performing as many new songs as they do, and do it so good... that's the best promotion right there.  beer

I see "Street Of Dreams" is getting some airplay right now in Canada:
http://www.americasmusiccharts.com/index.cgi?fmt=Z6

Sweetness is a virtue
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2156 on: January 21, 2010, 02:47:16 AM »

Yeah, I would assume there's a lot of casual fans going to these concerts. Many who haven't bought CD.

When GN'R are performing as many new songs as they do, and do it so good... that's the best promotion right there.  beer

I see "Street Of Dreams" is getting some airplay right now in Canada:
http://www.americasmusiccharts.com/index.cgi?fmt=Z6
Yup I went with my brother in law to both shows he was never a huge GnR fan but loves metal and rock, ozzy, metallica, etc.  But he had never herd anything from CD.  He was blown away  in stoon by shacklers, and Sorry and had no idea why anyone would not love this album.  Oh that and the James Bond theme song defiantly a major highlight
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2157 on: January 22, 2010, 08:54:39 AM »

Friends This Simply, Why ?

- Before ChineDem GN'R Sold Worldwide 95 Millions Of Copies, True ?

- After ChineDem GN'R Sold Worldwide 100 Millions Of Copies, True ?

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #2158 on: January 22, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »

I havn't heard anything about CD selling 5 million copies.  Aren't record sales measured by copies shipped, not by copies actually sold?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2159 on: January 22, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »

Friends This Simply, Why ?

- Before ChineDem GN'R Sold Worldwide 95 Millions Of Copies, True ?

- After ChineDem GN'R Sold Worldwide 100 Millions Of Copies, True ?

smoking

And you're getting this from where?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: