Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:47:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 444504 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #2080 on: October 02, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »

perhaps no one knows pearl jam has a new released either.

I don't follow pearl jam in any way so i am unable to comment on there album.  But, i didn't know they had a new album, maybe they aren't as popular over here.  (Ireland).

CD is a cool album but you can't honestly believe its "popular".  it may be amongst the hardcore fan's but in general, it isnt.  

Doesn't take anything away from the album though.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #2081 on: October 02, 2009, 11:43:11 AM »

but you do so thats all that should matter

Yep, you're correct!  Smiley

Just pointing out that its not so popular to the poster above.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2082 on: October 02, 2009, 11:44:55 AM »

You're not very popular with the constant posting of drivel.

Go troll the fucking VR section.   ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #2083 on: October 02, 2009, 11:55:17 AM »

You're not very popular with the constant posting of drivel.

Go troll the fucking VR section.

Why so defensive?  Does the truth hurt you SO much?
I clearly stated it "Doesnt take anything away from the album".
But some of you guys are clearly SO sensitive about this shit.
I dont care if CD is not popular, i just clearly stated that to a poster who clearly needs to be medicated based on almost all of his posts.
So go Fuck off and get off my case.  Maybe step away from modding the site if it gets you down so much  ok

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2084 on: October 02, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »

There's one of those "Internet Jukeboxes" at a bar I frequent and they have CD listed in it. However only Better, SR and The Blues are available. I've tried to figure out how to download the other tunes and can't do it!
One bar I go too has all of CD available, another one has it in the database but none of the songs work.  They all say they're currently unavailable.  Anyhow, at the one bar I try to sprinkle in a few CD songs here and there.  I'm usually the chosen one to go to the jukebox so people know what they're getting. 

I've never had anyone dislike The Blues or Better and I've talked to total strangers about it when it's played. I just wish I could get more to play.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2085 on: October 02, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »

I dont care if CD is not popular, i just clearly stated that to a poster who clearly needs to be medicated based on almost all of his posts.
So go Fuck off and get off my case.  Maybe step away from modding the site if it gets you down so much 

It may be the truth...but whenever I really think about it I just say...if Axl doesnt care or isnt wrapped up in all that why should I or we care....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2086 on: October 02, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »

So go Fuck off and get off my case.  Maybe step away from modding the site if it gets you down so much  ok

Are you fucking serious?

You come here to tell me how I should run my site and tell me to fuck off?

Are you kidding me?

Your whining about the band you claim to love is fucking pathetic.

"Nu" this, "nu" that. Fucking hell. There's no "nu", only present and past (old)..

Roll Eyes

"It's not popular".

We have a "GN'R fan" trying to put down other fans for being "too positive". Takes a special kind for that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2087 on: October 02, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »

Cool album, but no one knows that its even out!

cool. now please make me a list of 10 bands in 2008/2009 that can sell 5 million copies in 10 months. I will ignore the zero promotion and no-video clip facts.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #2088 on: October 03, 2009, 03:36:09 AM »

perhaps no one knows pearl jam has a new released either. Roll Eyes

I had no idea Pearl Jam were still together, much less put an album out recently.

sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #2089 on: October 03, 2009, 04:26:58 AM »

perhaps no one knows pearl jam has a new released either. Roll Eyes

I had no idea Pearl Jam were still together, much less put an album out recently.
ha. Pearl Jam are number 1 in America and top ten in just about every other country. I remember Slash saying once that him and Axl had a difference of opinion on Pearl Jam , Slash hated them Axl loved them, im with Ax
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #2090 on: October 03, 2009, 07:18:15 AM »

"Nu" this, "nu" that. Fucking hell. There's no "nu", only present and past (old)..

Calling GNR  of 2009 " New GNR" is  inaccurate and misleading. People might confuse it with lineup of early 00's.
I think current GNR should be called New new GNR. Or better yet, Nu nu GNR.  Or NuF'N'NuGn'F'NRS. That would look ace in back of a tshirt.

!!!NU'Fn'NUGN'F'nRS!!!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:26:22 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2091 on: October 03, 2009, 08:35:07 AM »

Calling GNR  of 2009 " New GNR" is  inaccurate and misleading. People might confuse it with lineup of early 00's.
I think current GNR should be called New new GNR. Or better yet, Nu nu GNR.  Or NuF'N'NuGn'F'NRS. That would look ace in back of a tshirt.

!!!NU'Fn'NUGN'F'nRS!!!

Then there's my favorite; Guns N' Roses

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2092 on: October 03, 2009, 08:45:47 AM »

So.. do you have Stupid on your cereal in the morning or is it a pill you take?
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #2093 on: October 03, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »

About Pearl Jam .... the target thing has to be considered a failure for the band. I mean the band just came off some big sales of a Hits Collection and the last album. I love PJ. I think their a great band and its awesome they still are going strong 20 years it seems.  But the sales here , after so much promotion with videos , commercials and on TV...its a fail. 

Its like the one dude who proclaimed what a success the Black Eye Peas album was after just as much promotion and all. And the album in more wide release did only maybe 20,000 better than Guns n Roses. It was just silly as shit and dumb. Exclusive albums sell great at Wal-Mart. Everywhere else its hard....
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #2094 on: October 04, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »

It's sad.  I was at Target and they had a display full of the new PJ album - but it looked like not one copy sold.  The new AIC was not even in the new release section.  At least there is no rush to buy the Chinese Democracy vinyl - Best Buy still had about 20 copies.

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2095 on: October 06, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »

More food for thought:

U.S. album sales in 2008: More than 115,000 albums were released, but only 110 sold more than 250,000 copies

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2009/10/future-of-music-summit-115000-albums-and-only-110-hits.html

/jarmo

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #2096 on: October 06, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »

More food for thought:

U.S. album sales in 2008: More than 115,000 albums were released, but only 110 sold more than 250,000 copies

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2009/10/future-of-music-summit-115000-albums-and-only-110-hits.html

/jarmo

whats the total US sales number?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2097 on: October 06, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »

More food for thought:

/jarmo

whats the total US sales number?

for CD? not exactly sure but i know it's more than 250,000.

which means they are one of those 110 albums, or in the top 0.1% (that's the top one tenth of 1%).

pretty impressive.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #2098 on: October 10, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »

Sales of the latest Pearl jam album, already disappointing during the first week, sunk. The first week sales of the new Alice in chains album are, to say the least, disappointing:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Those are supposed to be the WORLDWIDE sales!!!!

Those two bands are not despised by most of the press, like GN'R, they put out videos, interviews, and toured.

GN'R, although having had (let's be frank), disappointing sales (I guess Chinese democracy stands now at about 3 million copies sold, including all the non sold copies "given" to Best Buy), still beat the sales of those two bands...without a single video, with lots of bad press, with only two small interviews of Axl and without a single show.

It seems that Chinese democracy isn't the failure a lot of people say, after all...

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2099 on: October 10, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »

Sales of the latest Pearl jam album, already disappointing during the first week, sunk. The first week sales of the new Alice in chains album are, to say the least, disappointing:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Those are supposed to be the WORLDWIDE sales!!!!

Those two bands are not despised by most of the press, like GN'R, they put out videos, interviews, and toured.

GN'R, although having had (let's be frank), disappointing sales (I guess Chinese democracy stands now at about 3 million copies sold, including all the non sold copies "given" to Best Buy), still beat the sales of those two bands...without a single video, with lots of bad press, with only two small interviews of Axl and without a single show.

It seems that Chinese democracy isn't the failure a lot of people say, after all...

The bolded portion is false.  Sales only include those at retail outlets to consumers, not TO retail outlets.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: