Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 445091 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2040 on: August 17, 2009, 12:08:55 AM »

Normally I don't insert my 10 cents into these discussions, but I did notice that I have to turn my system up to '7 bars' to get what I consider normal listening level, while most CD's match that at '4'.  I thought this was strange, and am not a techie that would understand or really care why...I just turn up the volume.  ok

Good Answer  peace
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2041 on: September 23, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »

Not any big news really, this is an Norwegian article from the end of last year.

http://www.abcnyheter.no/node/79539

Basically it contains a list of the most selling artists in Norway last year, and "Chinese Democracy" were one of the four international (non Norwegian) albums which were certified platinum last year.  peace

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2042 on: September 24, 2009, 12:58:18 PM »

Not any big news really, this is an Norwegian article from the end of last year.

http://www.abcnyheter.no/node/79539

Basically it contains a list of the most selling artists in Norway last year, and "Chinese Democracy" were one of the four international (non Norwegian) albums which were certified platinum last year.  peace

Thats great! ok
Thats a good reason why GnR should play here again soon=)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2043 on: September 25, 2009, 05:04:25 PM »

When will CD be in other stores in the U.S. besides Best Buy? I thought the exclusive deal was over in May/June/July. Anyone know what the fuck the deal is?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2044 on: September 25, 2009, 05:24:52 PM »

CHILE Have So Much Fans Of GNR... ChinDem. NOT Promotion In TV, Newspaper, Net. Only Radios Whit: Chin. & Better.

No Disc In STORE Massives, only in Abril 2009, Chin SOLD in FERIA DEL DISCO (Multinacional).

In Chile, Sales.. Very BAD.

Huh

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2045 on: September 25, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »

not the case in argentina. it went gold pretty quick and its still being well sold at a constant rate.

trust me: Guns can play at the River Plate stadium and sell it out in a couple days. I dont know TWO dates, but one... easily.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2046 on: September 25, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »

When will CD be in other stores in the U.S. besides Best Buy? I thought the exclusive deal was over in May/June/July. Anyone know what the fuck the deal is?

Isn't it available on amazon.com?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2047 on: September 25, 2009, 06:52:19 PM »

Isn't it available on amazon.com?

Used copies purchased from resellers are what's available, I believe.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2048 on: September 30, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »

As a side note, Pearl Jam's latest album sold 189,000 copies in its first week. It's a Target/iTunes exclusive.

The band has released a video for the first single, done interviews, and played live shows around its release.

Anybody who still likes to talk shit about GN'R's first week sales needs a reality check ASAP.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2049 on: September 30, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »

As a side note, Pearl Jam's latest album sold 189,000 copies in its first week. It's a Target/iTunes exclusive.

The band has released a video for the first single, done interviews, and played live shows around its release.

Anybody who still likes to talk shit about GN'R's first week sales needs a reality check ASAP.
solid point. CD has done fine given the circumstances.

The only thing I would say is that at least the fans of the band were able to enjoy some of the other things that coincide with an album release. But if GNR eventually get around to doing videos, etc then its all good. We are masters of waiting

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2050 on: September 30, 2009, 01:32:08 PM »

/jarmo

That is surprising... I've seen PJ all over the place lately... I'm guessing there has to be about quite a few more target's than BB's in the US...

Problem with PJ's new album is its horrible... They play a new song everyday on Sportscenter for about 30 seconds, and I mute the TV until it ends....
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #2051 on: September 30, 2009, 01:35:46 PM »

Any updates on the total amount of albums sold either worldwide or U.S. as of the current date?

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2052 on: September 30, 2009, 02:12:59 PM »

/jarmo

That's a great point, and really hard to argue with.

However, speaking for myself, I was only disapointed in the bands / labels lack of promotion because I felt like the material on the album was so good that if people were more or less forced to hear more of it, and more about it then CD would have gotten the recognition it deserved. This has to do a great deal with my own selfishness of course. I wanted (want) CD to be recognized comcerially as a success so that Axl might be a bit more motivated to make more appearances, put out more material etc.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2053 on: September 30, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »

/jarmo

Pearl Jam releases albums every few years, they are independent of any label, and the last one kinda tanked.  Only went gold.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2054 on: September 30, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »

Pearl Jam releases albums every few years, they are independent of any label, and the last one kinda tanked.  Only went gold.

I don't think only going gold qualifies as tanking in this record industry environment.

As for GNR, I think the lack of staying power on the charts would be considered more of a disappointment than the first week sales. But the total lack of promotion can be blamed for that too.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2055 on: September 30, 2009, 04:55:35 PM »

Pearl Jam releases albums every few years,

Well that was used against GN'R. They were gone for "too long".

So by that logic, since PJ has kept putting out albums and they should be on peoples' radars.

But they still sold less than GN'R.....

Certain groups of people just don't buy music anymore. Simple as that.

Some bands are selling because their fans (and target audiences) still pick up cds when they go to places like Walmart to do the shopping.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2056 on: September 30, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »

As for GNR, I think the lack of staying power on the charts would be considered more of a disappointment than the first week sales. But the total lack of promotion can be blamed for that too.

you won't buy an album if you don't know it came out...thats pretty much common sense.  I still talk to people who ask me "whats Axl been doing, whens he putting that album out?, is Slash still in the band?"  etc...the common rock fan who are the ones who will put an album over the million selling mark have no idea what the hell is going on in the music world They just buy things that are marketed to them, or put right in their face.  Fact of life.  The die hard fans don't make records go platinum.  The casual fans do.  The only way the casual fans catch wind of anything is promotion.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2057 on: September 30, 2009, 05:02:08 PM »

I don't think only going gold qualifies as tanking in this record industry environment.

No, it doesn't.  What I am saying is that people shouldn't expect Ten-like sales figures for Pearl Jam these days.  If Backspacer goes gold like the self-titled, that would make me very happy.

Pearl Jam releases albums every few years,

Well that was used against GN'R. They were gone for "too long".

So by that logic, since PJ has kept putting out albums and they should be on peoples' radars.

But they still sold less than GN'R.....

Certain groups of people just don't buy music anymore. Simple as that.

Some bands are selling because their fans (and target audiences) still pick up cds when they go to places like Walmart to do the shopping.

/jarmo

Yes, to make myself clear, an average fan might go, "Oh, another PJ album.  I'll skip this one."

But since GN'R releases albums on a not-so-consistent basis, more people should have bought the GN'R album, since it's a very rare occurrence.  

The PJ Target commercial is aired constantly on a daily basis on a lot of channels.

We had a crappy SNL and MNF spot.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2058 on: September 30, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »

Any word on when Chinese Democracy will be sold in other stores in the U.S. besides Best Buy?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2059 on: October 01, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »

Nope,

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: