Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 445142 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1860 on: March 12, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »

the number of purchase by ordering in advance i believe?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1861 on: March 12, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »

the number of purchase by ordering in advance i believe?

Yeah, but I always thought that was just an internet thing? Maybe not

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1862 on: March 12, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »

Pre-orders are when you buy something before its released so you dont run the risk of the store being sold out the day of. Its been around long before the internet. I still remember pre-ordering my Batman vhs tape when I was a kid.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1863 on: March 12, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »

Time will tell. The other albums didn't do so well in the beginning.

AFD didn't do that well in the beginning, but they were a small band doing club tours then.

The release of the use your illusion albums was huge, it was an event. how you could say they didn't do so well in the beginning is beyond me.

Yeah, and this is a "new GNR"!  I wouldn't be surprised if the scenerio turns out to be similar with CD taking a while to catch on (just like AFD) and then if they ever put out another album...it selling well right off the bat.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1864 on: March 12, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »

I am happy that in my country CD was gold. Today in the only rock station in Bogot?, Chinese Democracy (the song) is number two.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1865 on: March 13, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 CHART PREVIEW: Our Friday projection for next week?s chart looks as encouraging as the stock market this week?as long as you stop looking after the top three titles. After that, the drop-off is steep, to say the least. Here?s the snapshot:

Kelly Clarkson (RCA/RMG debut) 220-230k
U2 (Interscope) 150-160k
The-Dream (Def Jam/IDJ debut) 140-150k
J. Holiday (Capitol debut) 55-60k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 45-50k
Lady GaGa (Interscope) 40-45k
Nickelback (Roadrunner) 30-35k
Beyonce (Music World/Columbia) 25-30k
Jamie Foxx (J/RMG) 25-30k
The Fray (Epic) 25-30k
New Found Glory (Epitaph debut) 25-30k

Hits Daily Double

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1866 on: March 14, 2009, 02:41:26 PM »

The Billboard 200

Chinese Democracy

Chart Listing For The Week Of Mar 21, 2009:

This Week - 127

Last Week - 137

Two Weeks Ago - 109    

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1867 on: March 15, 2009, 04:30:17 AM »

bullshit. BULLSHIT.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1868 on: March 15, 2009, 05:44:26 AM »

I am happy that in my country CD was gold. Today in the only rock station in Bogot?, Chinese Democracy (the song) is number two.
great,but i don't get point why is chinese democracy is favorite track on radio stations

to be honest "better","sorry,this i love,madagascar are much much better songs
GeraldFord
« Reply #1869 on: March 15, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »

bullshit. BULLSHIT.

That's not too bad. It's still hanging on--let's see what another single and a tour do.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #1870 on: March 18, 2009, 10:01:37 AM »

bullshit. BULLSHIT.

That's not too bad. It's still hanging on--let's see what another single and a tour do.

Or a video for "Better"...

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1871 on: March 18, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »

Yea the UYI's dropped like a hurricane. I believe it broke the pre-order sales record. I am almost positive it did.

Use Your Illusion II sold 750,000 copies in it's first week of release in the U.S. back in '91. At the time, that set a record for first week sales. That record was broken by Pearl Jam's 'Vs.' album in 1993.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1872 on: March 18, 2009, 01:08:27 PM »

Yea the UYI's dropped like a hurricane. I believe it broke the pre-order sales record. I am almost positive it did.

Use Your Illusion II sold 750,000 copies in it's first week of release in the U.S. back in '91. At the time, that set a record for first week sales. That record was broken by Pearl Jam's 'Vs.' album in 1993.

And that is due because of You Could Be Mine. The song kicks ass. It was part of one of the coolest sci fi movies ever with a video co starring the greatest action hero of all time and star of the film. But in a moment of honesty, the song doesn't hold up for me. But but, you said it kicks ass? Musically it does. Lyrics... not so much. I can't for the life of me figure out why there was so much emphasis on "Bitch slap rappin and your cocaine tongue you get nothin done." Kind of cool at the time, being in the booklet for Appetite, and getting to see the connection with YCBM. But, Bitch slap rappin and your cocaine tongue... kind of dumb. There is some questionable lyrics throughout the song that don't hold up. I mean the lyrics in YCBM are far far superior to the absolute silly shit in tracks like Shotgun Blues, GITR, and So Fine (Goddamn Duff still owes the GNR community an apology for this). I mean with all the talk of Axl's pillow over the years, no one says shit about Duff's love of sweaters.

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #1873 on: March 18, 2009, 02:21:49 PM »

And that is due because of You Could Be Mine. The song kicks ass. It was part of one of the coolest sci fi movies ever with a video co starring the greatest action hero of all time and star of the film. But in a moment of honesty, the song doesn't hold up for me. But but, you said it kicks ass? Musically it does. Lyrics... not so much. I can't for the life of me figure out why there was so much emphasis on "Bitch slap rappin and your cocaine tongue you get nothin done." Kind of cool at the time, being in the booklet for Appetite, and getting to see the connection with YCBM. But, Bitch slap rappin and your cocaine tongue... kind of dumb. There is some questionable lyrics throughout the song that don't hold up. I mean the lyrics in YCBM are far far superior to the absolute silly shit in tracks like Shotgun Blues, GITR, and So Fine (Goddamn Duff still owes the GNR community an apology for this). I mean with all the talk of Axl's pillow over the years, no one says shit about Duff's love of sweaters.

"Bitch Slap rappin and your cocaine tongue you get nothin done" means:
Is anyone who talks all the time about doing something (whatever it may be) and never puts out to do what he or she is bitching about.  rofl  The line is making a comparison about people who talk too much....compared to some people who do coke and that coffee buzz makes them talk ninety miles an hour.  smoking beer
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1874 on: March 18, 2009, 02:34:04 PM »

Yea dude I got it. It wasn't complex then, and its not now. I just think its kind of dumb, and there are cooler ways to get this across.

edit: And for the record, I take the line as meaning when you are a meth/coke/heroin addict and have some tweaker cunti girlfriend. I can relate personally to this as someone who has used and had a tweaker girlfriend. It was chaos. And the only thing I got done was my place was really really clean.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:10:33 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1875 on: March 19, 2009, 04:42:13 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Officially Drops Out Of BILLBOARD Top 200 - Mar. 18, 2009

GUNS N' ROSES' new album, "Chinese Democracy" ? which was released on November 23, 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive after a wait of more than 15 years ? will officially fall out of The Billboard 200 next week after selling 2,500 copies in the United States in the seven days ending March 15.

Aside from Billboard and Spinner interviews and answering a number of fan questions at a GUNS N' ROSES message board, singer Axl Rose has done no promotion of any kind for "Chinese Democracy".

"Chinese Democracy" was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the CD has sold 565,000 copies in the U.S. so far.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116419

Re-Union time, baby!!
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #1876 on: March 19, 2009, 04:58:41 AM »

Embarrassed

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1877 on: March 19, 2009, 05:38:22 AM »

It'll be back, don't worry!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1878 on: March 19, 2009, 06:22:58 AM »

Well, that depends...

And there goes the challenger...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1879 on: March 19, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »

Doubt it very much.  I think if they release any further album's, they will struggle even more than this.  A lot of people that I know bought this album out of curiousity anyways.  They'll have to do more work in the next months than they have in 15 years to get back into the top 200.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: