Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:01:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 443220 times)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1760 on: February 13, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »

Bruce Sprinsteen's hyped Superbowl performance didn't help his sales enough. Halved sales in its second week and down to #2.

Still, his new album sold less than GN'R in its debut week.

The new #1 (The Fray) sold less than 200,000 in its first week.

/jarmo

Does that make you feel better? Anyway, artists release albums today to promote their concurrent tour on the new cd. He has a huge tour planned and every show sells out very quickly. gnr hasnt even announced a tour and if they tour, no way any promoter in the US will touch them now. they are gonna have to hit europe first to even have a shot here. you are so blinded by the realities of the music business today.
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #1761 on: February 13, 2009, 01:49:43 PM »

Bruce Sprinsteen's hyped Superbowl performance didn't help his sales enough. Halved sales in its second week and down to #2.

/jarmo

Does that make you feel better? Anyway, artists release albums today to promote their concurrent tour on the new cd. He has a huge tour planned and every show sells out very quickly. gnr hasnt even announced a tour and if they tour, no way any promoter in the US will touch them now. they are gonna have to hit europe first to even have a shot here. you are so blinded by the realities of the music business today.

For some of us living in Europe that suits just fine..  hihi

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1762 on: February 13, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »

WTF??  Talk about being blinded to the realities of the music business.  confused

You don't think that Irv n' Andy will use those Springsteen numbers and the like when cutting deals with promoters in the US and Europe and the rest of the world??  Huh

And in case you haven't heard, Guns N' Roses DID recently release an album that can be used to promote a tour.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #1763 on: February 13, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »

If GNR announces a tour...they will do fine.  and I guarantee there'll be a line of promoters a mile long. 

There's also no telling how much the album has sold via itunes.  It could easily be well over a million at this point.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1764 on: February 13, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »

There's also no telling how much the album has sold via itunes.  It could easily be well over a million at this point.

Those itunes figures are already added in.

Does anyone know the US chart position for this week?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1765 on: February 13, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »

Out of the Top 100 at least... can't see past that on Billboard without some sort of membership.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1766 on: February 13, 2009, 04:41:41 PM »

Out of the Top 100 at least... can't see past that on Billboard without some sort of membership.

Just saw on another forum that it was #115 with sales of 5,659.

Let's see....Best Buy has roughly 800 stores so that means each location is selling about 7 copies per week.  This doesn't include itune sales so when you average that in, each location is selling less than 1 copy per day.

Ouch...not good.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:47:02 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1767 on: February 13, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »

/jarmo

You know, this actually makes me feel a lot better about CD sales. Great fucking news... thanks J.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #1768 on: February 13, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »

/jarmo

You know, this actually makes me feel a lot better about CD sales. Great fucking news... thanks J.
and many are bitchin bout CD sales....even myself! no These are good news
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #1769 on: February 13, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »

Pretty much the worst hit albums right now is new music.  Old music is actually selling well...if not better than before. 

A few years ago, when you could only buy music in a store...there was only so many albums a store could keep in stock...therefore...newer music had the advantange.  But now with places like itunes and amazon having the ability to stock every single album that's available...people are tending to buy older music that they know they like rather than new music that they've never heard.  And along those lines...people are only buying the tracks they want instead of the whole album.

Albums sales for last year plummeted while individual song sales skyrocketed, topping one billion for the first time ever.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1770 on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jWpnvHiyX3JJ0F0aWS-AGcov0xng

LONDON (AFP) ?  the top-selling albums worldwide in 2008, industry figures showed Monday

1. Coldplay -- "Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends"
2. AC/DC -- "Black Ice"
3. Various Artists -- "Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack Featuring The Songs Of ABBA"
4. Duffy -- "Rockferry"
5. Metallica -- "Death Magnetic"
6. Leona Lewis -- "Spirit "
7. Amy Winehouse -- "Back To Black"
8. Various Artists -- "High School Musical 3: Senior Year"
9. Lil Wayne -- "Tha Carter III"
10. Rihanna -- "Good Girl Gone Bad"
11. Madonna -- "Hard Candy"
12. Beyonce -- "I Am... Sasha Fierce"
13. Pink -- "Funhouse"
14. Guns N' Roses -- "Chinese Democracy"

not bad for an album released a month before 2009. and limitedly to 1,400 Best Buy stores in the U.S.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1771 on: February 16, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »

this will surely factor in itunes....

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #1772 on: February 16, 2009, 12:37:08 PM »

I mean I like AC/DC but I don't really understand how their CD is so popular and doing so well??  You hear GNR all the time...people talking about them...controversy usually helps as well...regardless of Slash not in the band anymore...him on Guitar Hero with some songs still adds to the younger viewers interest...and on the radio in Massachusetts they had one of their "battle of the bands" type things where they play 2 songs by each in a round and callers call in and vote...it was AC/DC vs. GNR and almost everybody called up and voted for AC/DC.  I'm just confused.  They were entirely irrelevant for quite some time...their last album Siff Upper Lip stunk...and now here they are...doing incredibly well.  While GNR's long awaited album for 13 years...talked about all over...not as good....Just don't really get it...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
sorryforyou
« Reply #1773 on: February 16, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »

I am a big AC/DC fan and I still have to say that "Black Ice" is the worst AC/DC album since "Blow Up Your Video". That being said, love 'em or hate 'em, Wal-mart can sell and market very well.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1774 on: February 16, 2009, 01:19:40 PM »

it reallyi doesn't make any sense to me either.  ac/dc fans must be retarded or something because it's obvious that they haven't tried to make their band's sound grow and evolve into something artisticly inspiring and completely amazing.  they write short simple little guitar songs that they could have done in 10 minutes.  how can any of their fans be satisfied with that?  meanwhile, axl goes out of his way to make the most complicated and symphonic mixing of styles music and goes out of his way to draft the greatest and most technically amazing musicians of the generation, and what... seriously, fuck the usa.  and fuck ac/dc.  and while we're at it, fuck the record label!!!  i hate them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1775 on: February 16, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »

they write short simple little guitar songs that they could have done in 10 minutes.  how can any of their fans be satisfied with that? 

Because they get what they want?

Some people don't like change.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1776 on: February 16, 2009, 01:53:32 PM »

You know, if it wasn't for the fact that this album actually came out, and that Barack Obama is the President of the United States, I might have lost complete faith in the human race based of this masterpieces sale numbers... respectfully.

+1, lol.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1777 on: February 16, 2009, 01:54:47 PM »

it reallyi doesn't make any sense to me either.  ac/dc fans must be retarded or something because it's obvious that they haven't tried to make their band's sound grow and evolve into something artisticly inspiring and completely amazing.  they write short simple little guitar songs that they could have done in 10 minutes.  how can any of their fans be satisfied with that?  meanwhile, axl goes out of his way to make the most complicated and symphonic mixing of styles music and goes out of his way to draft the greatest and most technically amazing musicians of the generation, and what... seriously, fuck the usa.  and fuck ac/dc.  and while we're at it, fuck the record label!!!  i hate them.

He's right! The 40 million people who bought Back In Black are morons!

And I thought "retard" was offensive to you? Wink

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1778 on: February 16, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »

it is.  thanks for reminding me.  i just got mad and wanted to put them down so i said it.  but i regretted it right away. 

still... it's infuriating that ac/dc can have big hits when it's obvious that they don't really care about the music the way axl does.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1779 on: February 16, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »

it is.  thanks for reminding me.  i just got mad and wanted to put them down so i said it.  but i regretted it right away. 

still... it's infuriating that ac/dc can have big hits when it's obvious that they don't really care about the music the way axl does.

Marketing 101... cater to your customers... and they will reward you handsomely.

Axl doesn't play by those rules- which elevates him artistically- but "costs" him (all relative since most bands would cut their arms off just to have the success Axl's had with Chinese Democracy) commercially.

Different strokes for different folks.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: