Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 446352 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1180 on: December 19, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »

"Chinese Democracy is an average good album (musically)" - The Prez

Wow.

There is nothing average about Chinese Democracy. Look. You threw that out there. You made it not just about sales. I think your choice of words is disturbing. You throw something like that out, crazy talk, then you should expect to get flamed. Unless of course that is what you wanted. I figure you do with the lame condescending use of  peace.

If you thin that CD is average (I personally think its the best music in the last 15 year), please tell us what album you think is better. Don't dodge this Prez. You threw it out there not back your shit up. What album came out this year that is better, in your opinion? I bet you are not going to answer. You made this personal.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
overmatik
« Reply #1181 on: December 19, 2008, 11:04:17 AM »

Wow.

There is nothing average about Chinese Democracy. Look. You threw that out there. You made it not just about sales. I think your choice of words is disturbing. You throw something like that out, crazy talk, then you should expect to get flamed. Unless of course that is what you wanted. I figure you do with the lame condescending use of  peace.

If you thin that CD is average (I personally think its the best music in the last 15 year), please tell us what album you think is better. Don't dodge this Prez. You threw it out there not back your shit up. What album came out this year that is better, in your opinion? I bet you are not going to answer. You made this personal.

Take it easy man, the guy is allowed to differ. A lot of people really don't think that CD is the best rock album of the year. It's a matter of taste.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1182 on: December 19, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »

Dude I just got done tripping out to it then came on here before getting ready to go and I read that. Good fine its his opinion and everyone has a right to there opinion opinions are like assholes blah blah blah. Fucking PC horseshit for this now overly pussified generation.

I think his opinion sucks. I want him to back up his words. You call CD average then say what has been better. You really aren't interested to hear what album, that came out this year, someone thinks is better then Chinese Democracy? The album is, and righfully so, beloved here. Someone can't just throw a comment like that out and not expect to have to respond to it. I mean they can, but it would be awefully suspicious. I am calling him on it. I am also not the only one. I didn't come here looking for a fight but, those were fighting words  Wink.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1183 on: December 19, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »

Take it easy man, the guy is allowed to differ. AIt's a matter of taste.

that's why we'd love to know what album he thinks is better than this. and stunk what's average about the guitars? Huh
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1184 on: December 19, 2008, 11:18:45 AM »

Take it easy man, the guy is allowed to differ. AIt's a matter of taste.

that's why we'd love to know what album he thinks is better than this. and stunk what's average about the guitars? Huh

Good fucking question too. Its fucking GO TIME BITCHES!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1185 on: December 19, 2008, 11:32:10 AM »

I think his opinion sucks. I want him to back up his words. You call CD average then say what has been better. You really aren't interested to hear what album, that came out this year, someone thinks is better then Chinese Democracy? The album is, and righfully so, beloved here. Someone can't just throw a comment like that out and not expect to have to respond to it. I mean they can, but it would be awefully suspicious. I am calling him on it. I am also not the only one. I didn't come here looking for a fight but, those were fighting words  Wink.

Good call.

I'd be interested in hearing the answer too.

Also GNR isnt a high school/20 somethings band so according to your logic it should sell better as the fanbase isnt the group most likely to download??

Well it's not like parents are buying CD for their kids unlike something like Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus.

That was the point.

A majority of GN'R's audience are the same people who download music for free.

Is it a coincidence the album broke the Myspace record for number of streams?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1186 on: December 19, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »

Prez, still waiting on your answer, and not to get off subject, my 17 and 18 love the album, listen to it daily, huge Gunner fans, at that age you might think they may have strayed twards the Brittny, Kanye or Modonna thing.  My kids have an open ear for all music, but their faves are definately classic rock, and a little of the heavy stuff, along with some indie and alternative involved. Praise the Lord!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1187 on: December 19, 2008, 01:38:19 PM »

Dude you are obviously raising them right. I sing Guns to my little ones instead of nursery rhymes. They know Sweet Child better then they do Rock a Bye Baby.

otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #1188 on: December 19, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »

Good call.

I'd be interested in hearing the answer too.

Also GNR isnt a high school/20 somethings band so according to your logic it should sell better as the fanbase isnt the group most likely to download??

Well it's not like parents are buying CD for their kids unlike something like Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus.

That was the point.

A majority of GN'R's audience are the same people who download music for free.

/jarmo

Yeah it's no coincidence. Because I bet a lot of ppl made the buying decision based on that free listen. It tells that there's a definite interest towards CD but if it really would've been that mind-blowing in people's minds they surely would have bought it. And it's all fun twisting the facts and numbers but you still haven't explained why AC/DC sells well but CD doesn't?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:38:31 PM by otgm » Logged

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1189 on: December 19, 2008, 04:46:11 PM »

Dude you are obviously raising them right. I sing Guns to my little ones instead of nursery rhymes. They know Sweet Child better then they do Rock a Bye Baby.

You have seen Step Brothers, right?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1190 on: December 19, 2008, 05:00:33 PM »

Wow.

man, you're so blind to music. Chinese Democracy is in my top ten of the year but it's definatly not number 1. You act as if he can't provide examples, if he wanted to, he could list many artistically equal or better albums that came out this year I bet. If you really want to read a bunch of band names you havn't heard of I can provide that for you. Would you?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1191 on: December 19, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »

Wow.

Once again, I must post...please don't confuse "The Prez" with me.
This "prez" thinks "that prez" is completely wrong. 
This album is a masterpiece.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #1192 on: December 19, 2008, 05:23:43 PM »

Aside from Death Magnetic, there's nothing in ChiDem's stratosphere.

Unless you have a jonesing for an album of shit songs that Coldplay stole to begin with... or an album by a band that never left the 70's with four tracks with "Rock & Roll" in the name.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1193 on: December 19, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »

And it's all fun twisting the facts and numbers but you still haven't explained why AC/DC sells well but CD doesn't?

Marketing?

Did AC/DC suddenly make the year's best album? Why didn't people buy the previous album in the same numbers? Stiff Upper Lip peaked at #7 in 2001.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1194 on: December 19, 2008, 05:38:26 PM »

Aside from Death Magnetic, there's nothing in ChiDem's stratosphere.

Unless you have a jonesing for an album of shit songs that Coldplay stole to begin with... or an album by a band that never left the 70's with four tracks with "Rock & Roll" in the name.
UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Not everything in music happens in the extreme mainstream that these bands are in.
I need to get off this forum.
richiegunz70
Opening Act

« Reply #1195 on: December 19, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »

/jarmo
It's possible to download the stream with a program.I know someone who did that.
Gunzen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1196 on: December 19, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »

And it's all fun twisting the facts and numbers but you still haven't explained why AC/DC sells well but CD doesn't?

I will answer that for you;

- number one,  Ac /Dc was released before the market got hit, and had momentum +  much more promotion + a tour.

-secondly Ac/Dc was distributed in 60 percent more stores that CD

-third(ly) Ac/Dc's cd is comprised of vanilla friendly pop rock.  "Rock n roll train coming down the track"  r u fucking kidding me?  it is top 40 rock music, just an Austrailian accent from being Nickelback.  Obviously more friendly for the radio, and older fans who dont get Axl's new directionstion.

-fourthly, TWAT, TIL, Sorry etc, are way to progressive and different for your average rock n roll station to play.  It is so unique, it is virtually in its own category?  I cannot think of ANYTHING that sounds like what ol Uncle Axl has cooked up.  And thank god, if Axl starts singing about rock n roll trains with giant cartoon trains on stage I will ge gone.

-fifthly, most AC/DC fans are older, and tend to steal and DL less. believe it or not my son is 15 and all his friends have torrented it (CD)  but him of course, cause I bought it for him.  Axl is forgoing the mulletheads for a younger, or more demanding crowd.

sixthly, cause AC/Dc'd  cd is horrible, and horrible music rules the US.

your welcome ok
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1197 on: December 19, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »

One thing I will say though, is chinese democracy being good makes it do bad in the popular charts. Rarely does anything inventive or new make it on to radio (that is, before it gets played out by shity bands made to cookie-cutter the trend and make it accesible)
otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #1198 on: December 19, 2008, 05:49:25 PM »

Marketing?

Did AC/DC suddenly make the year's best album? Why didn't people buy the previous album in the same numbers? Stiff Upper Lip peaked at #7 in 2001.

/jarmo

Funny that you should mention it, but most of the critics and AC/DC fans seem to think that Black Ice actually is much much better than Stiff Upper Lip. So maybe quality of the album counts? Like you said shitloads of ppl heard Chinese D on myspace, so I think that was good marketing. Why didn't those folks hurry to go get their copies of the album?

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1199 on: December 19, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

Do you normally speak for people? He is a big boy. He can use big boy words and answer for himself. I am so blind to music? What an absolutely imbecilic comment. You don't know a thing about what music I am into besides Chinese Democracy. Why are you so defensive anyway? If someone like yourself wants to throw out a blanket statement like Chinese Democracy isn't the best album this year, then just tell us what album you think is better? Enlighten us. What, are you a pussy? What album is better then Chinese Democracy. If you or the one you are defending think another album is better then tell us what these mysterious albums are? Damn, I didn't realize this was such a difficult question.

Wow.

man, you're so blind to music. Chinese Democracy is in my top ten of the year but it's definatly not number 1. You act as if he can't provide examples, if he wanted to, he could list many artistically equal or better albums that came out this year I bet. If you really want to read a bunch of band names you havn't heard of I can provide that for you. Would you?

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: