Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:28:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471541 times)
MrIntensity
Opening Act

« Reply #1120 on: December 15, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »

Chinese Democracy will continue to sell steadily over the course of the next year, it probably will not match it's first week sales total again, but whenever "Street of Dreams" is released as a single, we should see a huge spike in sales.. that song, in my opinion, has the most "crossover" appeal and will appeal to all types of listeners....  peace
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #1121 on: December 15, 2008, 07:39:25 PM »

Sales don't matter anymore, Axl has given us everything we ever wanted and more.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1122 on: December 15, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »

Its slowly moving ...it'll go gold in a few weeks and from there we'll see. The singles/videos will help. To do this with what little promotion the band has had is pretty incredible. Plus as its been said... there are only 862 Best Buy stores. To sell over 350,000+ albums thru a small chain like that is pretty fucking incredible.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1123 on: December 16, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »

From a Wall Street Journal article dated today...

Reached for comment, Guns N' Roses manager Irving Azoff predicted the album would ultimately sell well, adding: "The race is far from over." yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1124 on: December 16, 2008, 10:40:57 AM »

Sales don't matter anymore, Axl has given us everything we ever wanted and more.
I agree. I am very happy for having CD in my hands and listen wonderful music. And the fact that Axl talk with fan is amazing.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1125 on: December 16, 2008, 10:42:49 AM »

US sales are definitely bigger than what the numbers say.

A majority of the record stores I went to in NYC to had the album....

Everything from small independent ones to Virgin Megastores.

Those sales don't count.

/jarmo

My local independent record store is now selling it which is kind of surprising.  I really thought the Best Buy deal would keep them out of the loop.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1126 on: December 16, 2008, 10:58:45 AM »

Those sales don't count.

/jarmo

Firstly id like to say sales dont count......in normal circumstances
But God Jarmo your clutching at straws my friend.
Sales wise CD has been a flop......sales wise
Personally id rate the quality of the album signifigantly behind AFD (no insult there by any means) ...but about the equal of illusion II ( if production was less erratic/ skip the first minute of 3 songs and MUCH less production / studio BS on Axl's vocals id rate it higher than Illusion II)
The problems sales wise holding it back are
1 : the music in parts is dated....release this back in 98-2000 and WOW (specifically shacklers)
2 : no promotion....so far
3 : no public recognition of the band.....add the old guys and immediately add 30% to sales
4 : its a solid album....but theres no FUCK moment like Jungle......
5 : Its not a young 'cool' band....there wont be any kids idolising them like we did....or girls lusting after them, a fact
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1127 on: December 16, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »

there is not a single that the general public is running out to buy the album for

libertad
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1128 on: December 16, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »

Those sales don't count.

/jarmo

Firstly id like to say sales dont count......in normal circumstances
But God Jarmo your clutching at straws my friend.

Sales wise CD has been a flop......sales wise
Personally id rate the quality of the album signifigantly behind AFD (no insult there by any means) ...but about the equal of illusion II ( if production was less erratic/ skip the first minute of 3 songs and MUCH less production / studio BS on Axl's vocals id rate it higher than Illusion II)
The problems sales wise holding it back are
1 : the music in parts is dated....release this back in 98-2000 and WOW (specifically shacklers)
2 : no promotion....so far
3 : no public recognition of the band.....add the old guys and immediately add 30% to sales
4 : its a solid album....but theres no FUCK moment like Jungle......
5 : Its not a young 'cool' band....there wont be any kids idolising them like we did....or girls lusting after them, a fact

All Jarmo is pointing out in that post is that sales of Chinese Democracy at stores in the US other than BestBuy do NOT count in the US sales charts.   Roll Eyes

/gypsy
V.P. of the Jarmo fan-club

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1129 on: December 16, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »

Some are imports (the ones at Virgin seems to come from Australia as far as I remember) and some are promotional copies.

/jarmo

I'm not sure if they count or not, but they probably do because they probably got them from BB. And even if they don't, how many more copies are we talking about?
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #1130 on: December 16, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »

Do you have any T Shirts ?? ?? ??

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1131 on: December 16, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »

Norwegian article but I picked up a familiar name on the top 15 list, charted as 2! peace

http://www.abcnyheter.no/node/79629

2. Guns N'Roses: ?Chinese Democracy?
3. Metallica: ?Death Magnetic?
4. AC/DC: ?Black Ice?

To name some...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1132 on: December 16, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »

Some are imports (the ones at Virgin seems to come from Australia as far as I remember) and some are promotional copies.

/jarmo

I'm not sure if they count or not, but they probably do because they probably got them from BB. And even if they don't, how many more copies are we talking about?

If they got them from Best Buy, they would count.  But, if they got them as imports, they would not count.  I think it's impossible to know exactly how many copies we're talking about.

Ali
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1133 on: December 16, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »

/jarmo

If they got them from Best Buy, they would count.  But, if they got them as imports, they would not count.  I think it's impossible to know exactly how many copies we're talking about.

Ali

NO kidding, you genius. Thing is, we are not talking about 100,000's of copies. A few thousand at the most. Give us all a break with your preaching. I know you are hoping Dexter is reading all of your insightful posts.....
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1134 on: December 16, 2008, 12:49:29 PM »

/jarmo

Ali

NO kidding, you genius. Thing is, we are not talking about 100,000's of copies. A few thousand at the most. Give us all a break with your preaching. I know you are hoping Dexter is reading all of your insightful posts.....

Classically mature response.   hihi

No one ever said it was hundreds of thousands of copies.  Just that if some people are buying imports, they are not buying copies that would count as being sold in the US.  You made that bit about hundreds of thousands up all on your own.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1135 on: December 16, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »

are imported copies counted as their original places sales? Huh
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1136 on: December 16, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »

are imported copies counted as their original places sales? Huh
Yes ....  at least that's my understanding of how it works.

Do you have any T Shirts ?? ?? ??
Do you own a solid black T shirt??  If 'yes' then CONGRATULATIONS!!! .....
..... you are the proud owner of an "OFFICIAL" Jarmo fan-club T shirt!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1137 on: December 16, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »

/jarmo

Ali

Classically mature response.   hihi

No one ever said it was hundreds of thousands of copies.  Just that if some people are buying imports, they are not buying copies that would count as being sold in the US.  You made that bit about hundreds of thousands up all on your own.

Ali

your posts are really a waste of time. you have no clue what is going on. best left unsaid.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1138 on: December 16, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »

wow this is really getting off topic

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1139 on: December 16, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »

wow this is really getting off topic

Yes, I know and I'm Sorry for it. But, this Ali dude constantly posts more crap than an overstuffed horse! "I don't want to do et," but I had to say something. "I'm Sorry."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: