Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:35:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471767 times)
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #1000 on: December 10, 2008, 06:24:38 AM »

Axl can do whatever he wants, that is fine but this is the album charting thread and in this thread, nothing positive can be taken from this.
Well it was the world wide #1 album after its release.
Yeah, and it's still selling very well in lots of countries, including here in Finland.

However CD seems to be a major flop in the biggest market & bands home country and that is something that cannot be sugar-coated. When it falls to #17 on US Charts, selling 56.000 copies in it's second week... Those are damn bad numbers.  Undecided

well when there's virtually no promotion for it, and its only available at one chain throughout the country, what can ya do?
Do a video, give interviews, tour... You know, the stuff bands do when they put out a new album.

variant
Headliner

« Reply #1001 on: December 10, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »

Bit of good news from the UK: It seems as though Chin Dem is now available in the smaller Tesco stores (the ones that only sell about 20 different CDs - 6 of those being dance compilations...). This obviously means are lot more passing shoppers will see it. Its also in a 2 for ?15 deal which is pretty cool.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1002 on: December 10, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »

Ironic how everyone is so anti-Killers..It appears we are all conjuring up a GN'R/Kiilers feud.Isn't Axl a fan?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkV3GezHUgs

I am dissapointed by sales..Fortunatley I'm not dissapointed in the nusic..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1003 on: December 10, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »

Ironic how everyone is so anti-Killers..It appears we are all conjuring up a GN'R/Kiilers feud.Isn't Axl a fan?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkV3GezHUgs

I am dissapointed by sales..Fortunatley I'm not dissapointed in the nusic..

Same here. I'm disappointed by pretty much everything involved with this except the music.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1004 on: December 10, 2008, 09:13:39 AM »

Sure it will dude, it's at over 300,000 right?

There will be strong Christmas sales.

There will be a tour and promo probably later.

It will be totally cool, don't let these parasites bring you down.

I'm not being brought down... I love the album either way, but in the album charting thread... you can't help but be disappointed.

78% drop off from last weeks sales, I just can't imagine this thing "catching fire" the way some of you are anticipating.  It could scrape out gold, but I think it's a long shot considering the sales we're looking at now are in the holiday season.

not to try to compare the two albums, but AFD didn't hit #1 until it was out for a year or so; so obviously it's not impossible ok improbable, yes-impossible no
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #1005 on: December 10, 2008, 09:17:32 AM »

GNR are now #4 in Switzerland ! They were #1 last week ! It's very good !!!

http://swisscharts.com/weekchart.asp?cat=a

#2 and #3 are some swiss german stuffs and #1 is Britney.

Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #1006 on: December 10, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »

GNR are now #4 in Switzerland ! They were #1 last week ! It's very good !!!

http://swisscharts.com/weekchart.asp?cat=a

#2 and #3 are some swiss german stuffs and #1 is Britney.

Good. Beat Britney.
bwhalen
Opening Act

« Reply #1007 on: December 10, 2008, 09:36:20 AM »

I have a question. Since this is an exclusive at best buy does that mean it will always be or is there a contract for a  certain amount of time or albums? I think I heard that best buy bought 3 million albums. But that could take a decade to sell and I don't think the numbers in the US will get better until it is released to all stores.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #1008 on: December 10, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »

Well I look at it this way. For a band (singer) who's been in recluse for long time. Out of the public eye and the music business for an equal amount of time. All of a sudden releases an album that might as well been put out by an artist who just got signed and is starting a new career is doing quite well under these circumstances. To reach number three on the billboard charts and surpass many artists that have been in the public eye and are touring every two or three years is amazing. On top of all this not promoting it to the point were you want to pick up the TV set or radio and chuck it out of the window just goes to show what great music is about for people who appreciate music from an artist. I for one always judged an artists work instead of the hype and personal life of the artist. I really don't care about those irrelevant non-sense. It comes down to the goods. Can you deliver the art to my ears. Axl did. In our over commercial in the face marketing and promoting it is refreshing to see one artist cut through all the bullshit and deliver great music. Like Ray Charles once said: "Ain't nothing like the real thing!!"  beer
bwhalen
Opening Act

« Reply #1009 on: December 10, 2008, 09:49:18 AM »

I think one thing that may be hurting sales which I don't understand. They still have the whole album on there myspace page. If people want to hear it they don't need to buy it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1010 on: December 10, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »

I think one thing that may be hurting sales which I don't understand. They still have the whole album on there myspace page. If people want to hear it they don't need to buy it.
Don't all bands have ALL their albums on myspace now though?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bwhalen
Opening Act

« Reply #1011 on: December 10, 2008, 10:42:41 AM »

I guess but wouldn't you think that would hurt sales. I mean if you are just a casual fan and want to hear it you can for free.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1012 on: December 10, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »

I think it works both ways, but overall it should actually HELP sales.  You're right, people are able to listen to it for free at their own convenience.  But if they liked what they hear enough and would like to listen to it in the car or on the road or anywhere they don't have access to myspace they'd probably go out and buy it.  At least, I think that's the goal.  Plus if people wanted to get the music for free, in this day and age there are plenty of ways to do that.  So keeping it off their myspace page wouldn't necessarily stop people from listening to the album for free.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:49:02 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bwhalen
Opening Act

« Reply #1013 on: December 10, 2008, 10:59:27 AM »

I think it works both ways, but overall it should actually HELP sales.  You're right, people are able to listen to it for free at their own convenience.  But if they liked what they hear enough and would like to listen to it in the car or on the road or anywhere they don't have access to myspace they'd probably go out and buy it.  At least, I think that's the goal.  Plus if people wanted to get the music for free, in this day and age there are plenty of ways to do that.  So keeping it off their myspace page wouldn't necessarily stop people from listening to the album for free.

Good point!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1014 on: December 10, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »

It's still #1 on iTunes Finland.  Grin

And Top 10 in several other European iTunes stores.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1015 on: December 10, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »

/jarmo

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Europe understands this album and loves it! Kudos to Europa!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #1016 on: December 10, 2008, 11:45:31 AM »

The American record buying public don't have a clue.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1017 on: December 10, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »

Axl has done pressers in the past. He did so during the 02 and 06 tours. If he was available at that level for this release, I don't think there would be the same criticism as there is now for the silence.
During the '02 and '06 tours, he did like what? ...3 maybe 4 interviews total??  You make it sound like he constantly called every mag interviewer and t.v. n' radio station and website on the planet.  Roll Eyes

I don't make it sound any way, the fact is that he did interviews which is why going silent now seems so very strange.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1018 on: December 10, 2008, 11:52:47 AM »

The American record buying public don't have a clue.

Basically.

Just to add, though - I did have Sirius Octane on this morning, and the DJ was talking about the Dr. Pepper deal, said "I still want my damn soda!" and went into C.D.  hihi

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1019 on: December 10, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »

/jarmo

How many units?

The world number 1 is great until you read 640k units pushed. AC DC pushed 5 million worldwide in their first week.

And I probably am not alone in saying, the quality of Chinese Democracy is a Universe and a half above the level of that latest AC DC disk.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: