Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:34:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471585 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #980 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:03 PM »

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy falls to #17 (56,230) on the US Charts during its 2nd week.

that's a 200000+ dropoff-pretty surprising
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #981 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:50 PM »

Ummm, promoting one's album is not selling out. It is actually good business and ensures future funding by the corporations who seed money to artists for further development.

I'm talking about changing yourself to become more popular.

Doing things that people tell you to do even if you don't want to.

As I said, people claim to be fans of Axl but want him to be this person that only exists in their own minds.

He'll do things when he wants to. When will some of you get that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #982 on: December 09, 2008, 11:00:45 PM »

Since when was axl ever media shy?
How many interviews has he done in the last 10 years?   Can you count them on one hand?     

Seriously, have you even been paying attention or do you just babble for the sake of babbling?

so what are u guys gonna say when he does go on tour and start giving interviews?

I'll be happy with whatever Axl chooses to do.   Its his life and I'm not about to sit here and act butthurt because I:

• Respect Axl as an individual and as an artist and I respect his privacy
  • Understand he makes his own decisions for his own reasons, reasons which may not be apparent
  • Am happy the album is finally out after all these years and for me that is way more than I would have expected if this were say 2005
  • realize Axl and GnR do not owe us, not one goddamn thing.
  • Did not set up all these expectations and expect some radical change in Axl's behavior just because the album is out.

So if he wants to do interviews, Great!  If not, thats his choice and its really nothing new.   Its very simple.

You are fucking delusional.   Take your own advice from yesterday when you realized you are being too over zealous about this.

Yeah, its funny how some expected the release of the album to turn Axl into a completely different person than he is.

I say just enjoy the music, be relieved we finally have CD, and look forward to what may come in the future.

Axl has done pressers in the past. He did so during the 02 and 06 tours. If he was available at that level for this release, I don't think there would be the same criticism as there is now for the silence.

No, you're right.   People would be criticising what he did or didn't say.   It wouldn't be satisfactory for these same whiners, cuz it never will be!   Its been this way for years.   He will never please the nay-sayers, so why even fucking try?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:02:54 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #983 on: December 09, 2008, 11:11:16 PM »

Come on guys, it would be even more painful to watch the album flop while Axl is out there promoting the hell out of it.  At least now we've all got a nice warm excuse to throw at people who criticize.

Seriously though, Chinese Democracy = the first GN'R album that won't be certified Gold.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #984 on: December 09, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »

Come on guys, it would be even more painful to watch the album flop while Axl is out there promoting the hell out of it.  At least now we've all got a nice warm excuse to throw at people who criticize.

Seriously though, Chinese Democracy = the first GN'R album that won't be certified Gold.

Sure it will dude, it's at over 300,000 right?

There will be strong Christmas sales.

There will be a tour and promo probably later.

It will be totally cool, don't let these parasites bring you down.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #985 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »

Including the first day iTunes sales, it is at roughly 340k.

Ali
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #986 on: December 09, 2008, 11:22:28 PM »

I'm not being brought down... I love the album either way, but in the album charting thread... you can't help but be disappointed.

78% drop off from last weeks sales, I just can't imagine this thing "catching fire" the way some of you are anticipating.  It could scrape out gold, but I think it's a long shot considering the sales we're looking at now are in the holiday season.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #987 on: December 09, 2008, 11:25:45 PM »

I'm not being brought down... I love the album either way, but in the album charting thread... you can't help but be disappointed.

78% drop off from last weeks sales, I just can't imagine this thing "catching fire" the way some of you are anticipating.  It could scrape out gold, but I think it's a long shot considering the sales we're looking at now are in the holiday season.

Well, if we could predict the future, we would all be rich.

Let's just hang out and see what happens.  We have a killer album to listen to while we look at new charts.

Yeah, to an average band it wouldn't look good, but Guns N' Roses is special.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #988 on: December 09, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »

Axl can do whatever he wants, that is fine but this is the album charting thread and in this thread, nothing positive can be taken from this.

Axl has an album out and has said 0. yes that is less than the 1 Eddie Trunk interview.

U figure next week, this album probably drops from 50k to 30k and down down down.

If they wait 2 more months, it honestly could be too late and everyone will have moved on to the next thing.

I hope I am wrong, but it is very rare albums rebound from this lack of promotion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #989 on: December 09, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »

Axl can do whatever he wants, that is fine but this is the album charting thread and in this thread, nothing positive can be taken from this.

Well it was the world wide #1 album after its release.

So, you're right. Nothing positive.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #990 on: December 09, 2008, 11:40:34 PM »

So, you're right. Nothing positive.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

We can argue numbers if you want especially in lieu of what AC DC, Metallica and the Killers have done but I am curious if you are suggesting the album is meeting expectations.

He'll do things when he wants to. When will some of you get that?

Unfortunately, very few people in this world have the luxury of doing what they want. For the great majority who are not on top of their profession, they must hit the pavement and sell themselves. Sometimes for not the first time.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:42:09 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #991 on: December 10, 2008, 12:07:19 AM »

We can argue numbers if you want especially in lieu of what AC DC, Metallica and the Killers have done but I am curious if you are suggesting the album is meeting expectations.

To be honest, I don't focus on sales.

I'm not a record company executive or head of promotion at Universal Music.

As a fan, if it does well, that's great.

But I'm more interested in the music.

Now it seems like many of you don't agree with me on that. You're more focused on the sales and the promotional aspect rather than the music.

So when the Killers' fans grow tired of their new album, they can always go pick up Chinese Democracy.  ok

/jarmo

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #992 on: December 10, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »

"Better" is picking up plenty of steam at radio. I'm certainly willing to provide sources for that to Jarmo if anyone needs more proof of that.

"Chinese Democracy" is still getting played a TON at radio, and it's getting even more exposure due to it being the theme song for the WWE PPV.

As Jarmo said, CD was the #1 album in the world right after it's release, and it's STILL doing amazing everywhere.

How is any of that a bad thing?

We're two weeks in, and I think what Tommy said rings truer than ever at this point.

"Get on board or fuck off!"

I'm certainly on board - I can't say the same about some of you though.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #993 on: December 10, 2008, 12:25:43 AM »

I respect the fact that you are focusing on the positives, BH but there are a number of concerns if you look at the numbers. I won't bother to dig those up because it will only exacerbate the discussion.

The album is really great and we all want it to do well so that there is a successful tour and follow up album to follow.

A little statement from the head man wouldn't hurt to boost morale.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #994 on: December 10, 2008, 12:30:03 AM »

So when the Killers' fans grow tired of their new album, they can always go pick up Chinese Democracy.  ok

/jarmo

The fact that the Killers have ANY fans still boggles the mind. Holy shit are they awful.

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #995 on: December 10, 2008, 12:30:31 AM »

I respect the fact that you are focusing on the positives, BH but there are a number of concerns if you look at the numbers. I won't bother to dig those up because it will only exacerbate the discussion.

The album is really great and we all want it to do well so that there is a successful tour and follow up album to follow.

A little statement from the head man wouldn't hurt to boost morale.

"Better" is picking up more and more plays every week. There's really no reason for anyone to be concerned at all. "Chinese Democracy" is still in the top 10 on both rock charts, and is still in mid to heavy rotation on a ton of stations.

The station that I work with/for still has "Chinese Democracy" as a buzzcut - one of their top 5 songs of the night, and the song is usually in the top 3 every single night. They also have "Better" added in their "Now Fear This" show, which is the hottest new rock songs on their playlist.

There's many other stations following this trend - and it's certainly a good one to follow.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #996 on: December 10, 2008, 01:47:49 AM »

"Better" is picking up plenty of steam at radio. I'm certainly willing to provide sources for that to Jarmo if anyone needs more proof of that.

"Chinese Democracy" is still getting played a TON at radio, and it's getting even more exposure due to it being the theme song for the WWE PPV.

Here we go with this shit again!

Everyone in this thread that states the album is doing horrible on the charts is not "on board" and they need to "fuck off"... give me a break!

Chinese Democracy is not getting played a "TON" on the radio... it peaked at #5 and now it's sliding out of the picture.  Metallica, AC/DC, Velvet Revolver have #1 hits on these rock charts for several consecutive weeks and still only sell 1-2 million records.  The novelty is gone and there's almost no chance it will get higher than where it is now (commercially).  We're lucky enough to actually listen to the music and realize it's actually very good, other people just aren't going to do that...

... but, go ahead and forward jarmo your sources' information on Better's radio spins.  Of course, if he doesn't post confirmation until tomorrow and I don't read it until Thursday, I might as well just check Billboard myself.   hihi
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #997 on: December 10, 2008, 02:02:17 AM »

Yeah, and it's still selling very well in lots of countries, including here in Finland.

However CD seems to be a major flop in the biggest market & bands home country and that is something that cannot be sugar-coated. When it falls to #17 on US Charts, selling 56.000 copies in it's second week... Those are damn bad numbers.  Undecided

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #998 on: December 10, 2008, 02:05:15 AM »

Yeah, and it's still selling very well in lots of countries, including here in Finland.

However CD seems to be a major flop in the biggest market & bands home country and that is something that cannot be sugar-coated. When it falls to #17 on US Charts, selling 56.000 copies in it's second week... Those are damn bad numbers.  Undecided

well when there's virtually no promotion for it, and its only available at one chain throughout the country, what do ya expect?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:25:45 PM by tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #999 on: December 10, 2008, 02:31:20 AM »

Here we go with this shit again!

Everyone in this thread that states the album is doing horrible on the charts is not "on board" and they need to "fuck off"... give me a break!

Chinese Democracy is not getting played a "TON" on the radio... it peaked at #5 and now it's sliding out of the picture.  Metallica, AC/DC, Velvet Revolver have #1 hits on these rock charts for several consecutive weeks and still only sell 1-2 million records.  The novelty is gone and there's almost no chance it will get higher than where it is now (commercially).  We're lucky enough to actually listen to the music and realize it's actually very good, other people just aren't going to do that...

... but, go ahead and forward jarmo your sources' information on Better's radio spins.  Of course, if he doesn't post confirmation until tomorrow and I don't read it until Thursday, I might as well just check Billboard myself.   hihi

More like Mediabase 24/7.

I can check which reporting stations are playing "Better", and how much they are. Not to mention how many spins it's increased per week. Billboard is only going to tell you so much.

I'm not trying to brag, but I consider myself lucky to work in the field that I do, and to have access to some of these sources.

I've seen songs wallow in relative obscurity on the country charts only to explode a few months later to get either to #1 or damn close - and those songs have been in worse chart positions than "Better" debuted at. It's doing just fine, and will do even better. There's absolutely no doubt of that in my mind.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: