Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:30:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471580 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #960 on: December 09, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »

There is a huge difference in promoting your album and selling out.

Selling out is doing credit card commercials and Tv commercials and putting your songs in TV commercials.

I just think people are using a lot of excuses to justify the lack of promotion.

Is it selling out putting your songs in movies?

Is it selling out putting your songs in a video game?

see with me, I don't think so, but everyone is going to have their own definition. I say ignore those people and do what u have to do to make your album the most successful it can be.

No signed artist doesn't want to sell albums.

I can think of one who might not care as much as you think he does.  Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #961 on: December 09, 2008, 07:50:01 PM »

I am just saying, no one wants to release an album and have it flop.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #962 on: December 09, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »

Honestly, do you really think Axl Rose gives 2 shits if more 10 year olds buy Britney Spears or American Idol bullshit albums?  I don't.
 peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #963 on: December 09, 2008, 08:00:11 PM »

Honestly, do you really think Axl Rose gives 2 shits if more 10 year olds buy Britney Spears or American Idol bullshit albums?  I don't.
 peace
The musical landscape has changed GREATLY over the years.  Hip hop, pop, rap all reign supreme.  Yes, rock can still sell, evidenced by Metallica and ACDC.  They both sold great their debut weeks, BUT they had much less competition.  Plus the economy is far worse now than it was even 2 months ago, which is evidenced by the dropoff in sales for not only GNR, but Kanye West, and The Killers here in week 2.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Cocktail Swagger
Opening Act

Melody Inside Of Me, Still Searches 4 A Solution

« Reply #964 on: December 09, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »

peace

Yeah, I do. Atleast that's what we were lead to believe. Wasn't Axl the one who said the original guys quit because they weren't willing to take it to the next level with him?  He wouldn't have spent 10+ years and 15 million on an album if he didn't want it to be successful.  I don't know if it would have been a hit if Axl would have actually promoted it, but instead now all we're left with is excuses why this album is selling so bad.

I mean if you don't care that Axl didn't promote anything and it was complete silence, good for you, but hopefully you don't have a problem with the album you like so much being considered a huge flop.

THIS MELODY INSIDE OF ME, STILL SEARCHES FOR A SOLUTION
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #965 on: December 09, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »

peace

Yeah, I do. Atleast that's what we were lead to believe. Wasn't Axl the one who said the original guys quit because they weren't willing to take it to the next level with him?

Again, you think "the next level" meant selling more albums???   Embarrassed  seriously?

He wouldn't have spent 10+ years and 15 million on an album if he didn't want it to be successful.  I don't know if it would have been a hit if Axl would have actually promoted it, but instead now all we're left with is excuses why this album is selling so bad.

I mean if you don't care that Axl didn't promote anything and it was complete silence, good for you, but hopefully you don't have a problem with the album you like so much being considered a huge flop.

I could give 2 shits what other people think.  All I know is that I have a beautiful work of art in album and cd form. 
Axl is a rock star...not a pop star.
 ok

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #966 on: December 09, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »

At this point, I hope Axl never does any promo.  I can just see all the haters' heads exploding.

Far fewer douchebags to argue with.  These are the same douchebags I stand in line at GN'R shows with and have to listen to conspiracy theories and how bad they have it, being GN'R fans.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #967 on: December 09, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »

peace

Yeah, I do. Atleast that's what we were lead to believe. Wasn't Axl the one who said the original guys quit because they weren't willing to take it to the next level with him?

Again, you think "the next level" meant selling more albums???   Embarrassed  seriously?

He wouldn't have spent 10+ years and 15 million on an album if he didn't want it to be successful.  I don't know if it would have been a hit if Axl would have actually promoted it, but instead now all we're left with is excuses why this album is selling so bad.

I could give 2 shits what other people think.  All I know is that I have a beautiful work of art in album and cd form. 
Axl is a rock star...not a pop star.
 ok

I ALWAYS thought by next level, Axl meant creatively, as in the next level in their artistic and sonic evolution.  Never did I think he meant in terms of sales.

Ali
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #968 on: December 09, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »

You can spin it any way you want but 255,000 albums (with a Sunday release and Black Friday) is going to look like a huge bomb in the eyes of the media and many fans. What caused this? Was it Best Buy, Axl/GNR's lack of interviews/appearances or a combination of the two?

Or a very bad lead single?

Couldn't agree more.  A lot of people judged the entire album on the title track and its the weakest song on the entire fucking album.  Now "Better" is getting less attention and the next single will get even less.  I don't like the way this is headed......

"Better" is getting increased airplay so far.  It's building.  Give it some time.  Most songs take time to move up the charts.

Ali

So, soothsayer, did the release of "better" help them move up the charts? i havent seen the numbers, so im asking you since you know everything.

According to ShotgunBlues, Better isn't getting the same push as CD.

I think that's more of a logical argument than anything.  Of course the lead single will get a bigger push.  My point is that according to the airplay charts, "Better" is getting increased airplays.  Metallica's "Cyanide" is slowly building in airplay, too.  That's all I was saying.

Ali

Hey Ali, what happened to the charting now that "Better" is out? You told us all that it would be a huge help. You're a genius!!!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #969 on: December 09, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

You can spin it any way you want but 255,000 albums (with a Sunday release and Black Friday) is going to look like a huge bomb in the eyes of the media and many fans. What caused this? Was it Best Buy, Axl/GNR's lack of interviews/appearances or a combination of the two?

Couldn't agree more.  A lot of people judged the entire album on the title track and its the weakest song on the entire fucking album.  Now "Better" is getting less attention and the next single will get even less.  I don't like the way this is headed......

"Better" is getting increased airplay so far.  It's building.  Give it some time.  Most songs take time to move up the charts.

Ali

So, soothsayer, did the release of "better" help them move up the charts? i havent seen the numbers, so im asking you since you know everything.

I think that's more of a logical argument than anything.  Of course the lead single will get a bigger push.  My point is that according to the airplay charts, "Better" is getting increased airplays.  Metallica's "Cyanide" is slowly building in airplay, too.  That's all I was saying.

Ali

Hey Ali, what happened to the charting now that "Better" is out? You told us all that it would be a huge help. You're a genius!!!

WOW!  You're so cool for wasting your time here and wanting this thing to fail!

I'm naming my children after you.
Gunzen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #970 on: December 09, 2008, 09:40:51 PM »

Ali

Ali

dude, why would you take pleasure in GNR failing to make headway with a single?  To put down a fellow fan who was just hoping that the CD would do well?  Is that why?  Dude, your a dick.  Why in the hell would you come to a GNR forum and hate on a fan who was trying to be positive about GNR?  

Worst kind of people.  No matter how much you hate on GNR, they are not gonna go back to that Giant Condom Bucketshit guy.  Just give it up man, and get on board or go join the other three people on the Buckethead forum (if there is one?)

You should be on MYGNR.com, those guys are seriously sore asses there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #971 on: December 09, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »

So when did things change? back in the late 80's early 90's, Axl had no problems giving interviews and making the most epic, greatest videos ever.

so when did he change the way he does business?

Once Again. Sales do not reflect the quality of the album, but sales do mean a lot. They may determine the future of Guns N Roses.

Maybe not, but it is possible if CD doesn't pick up, that Axl may just never release anymore music.

Would u guys still be happy with that?

Are you happy having critics and everyone else being able to go around and really talk shit now and talk about how Axl did this and that etc etc.

I personally don't want to hear that, but all the people who hated on Axl and were negative before are going to have tons of new ammunition now to write in their one sided bullshit articles.

But hey, we have the album and its great, so who cares what people think right? who cares if Axl tours or releases anymore music. The hell with the future and the success of our favorite band right?

Don't give me this shit how GNR aren't a mainstream successful band. Jesus Christ they are one of the highest selling groups in US History. They aren't The Velvet Underground or someone who has great music that didn't sell.

GNR have always sold records, Axl didn't turn into a coffee shop, indy rocker.

badobsession_r21
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #972 on: December 09, 2008, 10:13:34 PM »

#1 in Poland, Finland,
#2 in Germany and Norway (from #5) ,
#3 in Austria,
#4 in Brazil, Sweden, Hungary and Italy,
#5 in Japan and France,
#6 in Australia and Denmark(from #7),
#7 in New Zealand,
#8 in Spain

athens 24-5-1993
dublin 9-6-2006
athens 10-7-2006
rome 4-9-2010
arnhem 3-10-2010
sofia 8-7-2012
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #973 on: December 09, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »

So when did things change? back in the late 80's early 90's, Axl had no problems giving interviews and making the most epic, greatest videos ever.

so when did he change the way he does business?

I don't know man, lemme call him up and ask him.

People have a right to change their minds.  Like you have changed your mind on this subject many times in this thread.

Are you happy having critics and everyone else being able to go around and really talk shit now and talk about how Axl did this and that etc etc.

I personally don't want to hear that, but all the people who hated on Axl and were negative before are going to have tons of new ammunition now to write in their one sided bullshit articles.

But hey, we have the album and its great, so who cares what people think right? who cares if Axl tours or releases anymore music. The hell with the future and the success of our favorite band right?

Don't give me this shit how GNR aren't a mainstream successful band. Jesus Christ they are one of the highest selling groups in US History. They aren't The Velvet Underground or someone who has great music that didn't sell.

GNR have always sold records, Axl didn't turn into a coffee shop, indy rocker.

Man, personally...I'm tired of hearing the same thing from you regarding this subject.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #974 on: December 09, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »

Here's the thing.  Axl hasn't exactly been the everyday blogger, master promoter his whole life.  Never has been, never will be.  We know this, yet a lot of people seem to expect him to change.  It hasn't happened so people are upset.  "Fans" will continue to be disappointed and get upset because they're setting their OWN expectations that aren't being met.  It's been going on for YEARS and it's not about to stop.

Exactly.

People claim to love Axl and GN'R, yet they want them to change to fit their own needs.

Weill if they did, would Axl and GN'R still be the same thing they loved in the first place?

At some point the person becomes just a product that's only meant to be sold. A sell out.

Somebody who'll do anything for some publicity and increased sales.

I guess that's some peoples' ultimate dream. But then they'd be the first ones yelling "sell out!".....

/jarmo

Ummm, promoting one's album is not selling out. It is actually good business and ensures future funding by the corporations who seed money to artists for further development.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #975 on: December 09, 2008, 10:39:07 PM »

Yeah, its funny how some expected the release of the album to turn Axl into a completely different person than he is.

I say just enjoy the music, be relieved we finally have CD, and look forward to what may come in the future.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #976 on: December 09, 2008, 10:41:05 PM »

..... but it is possible if CD doesn't pick up, that Axl may just never release anymore music.

Just like we told you yesterday when you posted the same exact shit ......

Yup ....... because that would be Axl's choice and some of us would respect his decision.

but, obviously, you and others will never be happy no matter what he does so just keep repeating yourself and then post in the Admin section why your off-topic posts repeating yourself over and over keep getting deleted.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #977 on: December 09, 2008, 10:42:46 PM »

Yeah, its funny how some expected the release of the album to turn Axl into a completely different person than he is.

I say just enjoy the music, be relieved we finally have CD, and look forward to what may come in the future.

Axl has done pressers in the past. He did so during the 02 and 06 tours. If he was available at that level for this release, I don't think there would be the same criticism as there is now for the silence.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:45:03 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #978 on: December 09, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »

If you don't like reading them, stop! skip over them.

I am trying to see things other people's way and yeah, he may promote the album and all will be good but as of today, right now at this minute, The CD hasn't been released and promoted the way it should've been.

It doesn't take away from the album or my experience etc but this album could've  done a lot better so far.

Oh so u guys know what kind of person Axl is?

That's funny that u guys know him but we don't.

Since when was axl ever media shy? When he had Kurt loder in the limo at the jail to give an "exclusive" interview?  When he would share his personal life to everyone on stage during rants? When he gave countless interviews and made countless videos and appearances?

So now, u guys know him and we don't.

I love that.

so what are u guys gonna say when he does go on tour and start giving interviews?

I love all the 180's on this forum. When he starts talking and doing this and that, u guys will have some answer also. *OH I KNEW IT ALL ALONG*  no u didn't, cause now u are saying something else.

Quit making excuses for the horrible promotion and just admit that so far, it hasn't been handled right.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #979 on: December 09, 2008, 10:54:25 PM »

Axl has done pressers in the past. He did so during the 02 and 06 tours. If he was available at that level for this release, I don't think there would be the same criticism as there is now for the silence.
During the '02 and '06 tours, he did like what? ...3 maybe 4 interviews total??  You make it sound like he constantly called every mag interviewer and t.v. n' radio station and website on the planet.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: