Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471454 times)
2cool4school
Opening Act

« Reply #940 on: December 08, 2008, 04:25:26 PM »

If musicians were not in it for the money why would they even have song writting credits...  Just say Geffen at the top of all the songs.  Geffen could then pay gnr a lump some.  Just like in the 1950's.   Hey I am sure all the band members with song writting credits on this album are hoping it will sell like a hot damn..  This is a huge break for all of them. 
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #941 on: December 09, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »

Hitsdailydouble.com is estimating that the album will sell around 80,000 units this week in America, and with 69.42% of the week?s sales counted, has the album projected for number 12.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #942 on: December 09, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »

Hitsdailydouble.com is estimating that the album will sell around 80,000 units this week in America, and with 69.42% of the week?s sales counted, has the album projected for number 12.
I dont know but i do know that people are going 2 buy CD 4 a X-mass present and theres goin 2 be a lot more sales 4 CD the closer we get 2 X-mass

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #943 on: December 09, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »

For all you moaners;

Kanye West's album is out of the lists and largely forgotten in Europe already, it was never a big deal here.
GN'R on the other hand rule the charts smoking

What has Kanye actually got to do with anything. For all the people saying sales don't matter... Outselling some specific artist matters even less.
The "Your music sucks, my music rules!" mindset around here from some of you is pretty Junior-High...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:05:27 PM by demo23nz » Logged
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #944 on: December 09, 2008, 03:03:06 PM »

If musicians were not in it for the money why would they even have song writting credits... 

I've seen musicians fight to the death over credits for songs they KNOW will never make a cent. It's all about acknowledgment, getting credit where it's due, band politics etc.

That said, NO sane person is going to pass up the money a writing credit on a big album brings if they're entitled to it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #945 on: December 09, 2008, 03:04:15 PM »

I dont know but i do know that people are going 2 buy CD 4 a X-mass present and theres goin 2 be a lot more sales 4 CD the closer we get 2 X-mass

so am i. this year 's been the year of democracy, american or chinese. will be the best christtmas  present ever.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #946 on: December 09, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »

so am i. this year 's been the year of democracy, american or chinese. will be the best christtmas  present ever.
hell yea man ive got a huge list of people 2 get it for

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #947 on: December 09, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »

For all you moaners;

Kanye West's album is out of the lists and largely forgotten in Europe already, it was never a big deal here.
GN'R on the other hand rule the charts smoking

What has Kanye actually got to do with anything. For all the people saying sales don't matter... Outselling some specific artist matters even less.
The "Your music sucks, my music rules!" mindset around here from some of you is pretty Junior-High...

that is it you and me after school by the bleachers.... ROaRRR

Could the album sold more it's first two weeks in the us? Sure, But I don't think the album is going to have any problem selling a million in the us regardless.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #948 on: December 09, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »

agreed no matter what sooner or latter everyone that didnt know bout CD will and then its going to be Fuckin Crazy

Cocktail Swagger
Opening Act

Melody Inside Of Me, Still Searches 4 A Solution

« Reply #949 on: December 09, 2008, 05:30:45 PM »

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy falls to #17 (56,230) on the US Charts during its 2nd week.

THIS MELODY INSIDE OF ME, STILL SEARCHES FOR A SOLUTION
GeraldFord
« Reply #950 on: December 09, 2008, 05:56:56 PM »

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy falls to #17 (56,230) on the US Charts during its 2nd week.

Hoping "Better" gives that album a shot in the arm. Could be the case the album stays around for a while. Once people figure out it's out! and good!
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #951 on: December 09, 2008, 06:33:30 PM »

Damn, that's like, what? A 70%+ drop-off?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #952 on: December 09, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »

Well...Kanye West -67% and the Killers -68% on that chart.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #953 on: December 09, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »

Well...Kanye West -67% and the Killers -68% on that chart.

In other words, it doesn't mean shit.
Maybe the economy is to blame.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #954 on: December 09, 2008, 07:00:26 PM »

How can anyone expect anything other than a huge dropoff? Most people who wanted this album had wanted it for years. None of them were going to wait while week 2 to pick it up.

And there goes the challenger...
Gunzen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #955 on: December 09, 2008, 07:06:32 PM »

How can anyone expect anything other than a huge dropoff? Most people who wanted this album had wanted it for years. None of them were going to wait while week 2 to pick it up.

that is a good point.

I gotta say, all this negativity is really a fucking drag.  I realize that we heard most of the new music years before the release.  But this is just getting rediculous.  Just about every thread has people in it who incessantly complain and bitch about the promotion.

If Axl Rose could walk on water, you guys would say he cant swim.  Any port in a storm. Damn this is old.
Cocktail Swagger
Opening Act

Melody Inside Of Me, Still Searches 4 A Solution

« Reply #956 on: December 09, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »

that is a good point.

I gotta say, all this negativity is really a fucking drag.  I realize that we heard most of the new music years before the release.  But this is just getting rediculous.  Just about every thread has people in it who incessantly complain and bitch about the promotion.

If Axl Rose could walk on water, you guys would say he cant swim.  Any port in a storm. Damn this is old.

No the silence is old. I don't think it's inappropriate to complain that Axl didn't do anything to promote or even acknowledge this album coming out. I would wonder what's wrong with a fan if they didn't question that after waiting so many years for this. 

THIS MELODY INSIDE OF ME, STILL SEARCHES FOR A SOLUTION
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #957 on: December 09, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »

that is a good point.

No the silence is old. I don't think it's inappropriate to complain that Axl didn't do anything to promote or even acknowledge this album coming out. I would wonder what's wrong with a fan if they didn't question that after waiting so many years for this. 
Here's the thing.  Axl hasn't exactly been the everyday blogger, master promoter his whole life.  Never has been, never will be.  We know this, yet a lot of people seem to expect him to change.  It hasn't happened so people are upset.  "Fans" will continue to be disappointed and get upset because they're setting their OWN expectations that aren't being met.  It's been going on for YEARS and it's not about to stop.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #958 on: December 09, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

Here's the thing.  Axl hasn't exactly been the everyday blogger, master promoter his whole life.  Never has been, never will be.  We know this, yet a lot of people seem to expect him to change.  It hasn't happened so people are upset.  "Fans" will continue to be disappointed and get upset because they're setting their OWN expectations that aren't being met.  It's been going on for YEARS and it's not about to stop.

Exactly.

People claim to love Axl and GN'R, yet they want them to change to fit their own needs.

Weill if they did, would Axl and GN'R still be the same thing they loved in the first place?

At some point the person becomes just a product that's only meant to be sold. A sell out.

Somebody who'll do anything for some publicity and increased sales.

I guess that's some peoples' ultimate dream. But then they'd be the first ones yelling "sell out!".....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #959 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »

There is a huge difference in promoting your album and selling out.

Selling out is doing credit card commercials and Tv commercials and putting your songs in TV commercials.

I just think people are using a lot of excuses to justify the lack of promotion.

Is it selling out putting your songs in movies?

Is it selling out putting your songs in a video game?

see with me, I don't think so, but everyone is going to have their own definition. I say ignore those people and do what u have to do to make your album the most successful it can be.

No signed artist doesn't want to sell albums.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: