Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:32:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471445 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #920 on: December 07, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »

regardless on the sells this album by Guns N' Roses is fucking killer.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #921 on: December 07, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »

regardless on the sells this album by Guns N' Roses is fucking killer.
Exactly!!!  As GNR fans, we not only now OWN and LOVE Chinese Democracy but in the first week of the release we were addressed twice directly (happy t-day and the intentional 'skip') and once indirectly (trying to get us the free soda promised).  Fuck the "professional interviewers" ... Axl's talking to us!!!!  headbanger

And no offense to the "business people" whose job it is to worry about charts and such but .....
I GOT CHINESE DEMOCRACY AND IT'S AWESOME!!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #922 on: December 07, 2008, 06:33:21 PM »

^ I'll add my YUP to your YUP yes

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #923 on: December 07, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »

That is fine if you feel that way but I don't.

I could accept this album selling 5 copies as long as they tried.

GNR have never been just about the music for me though, so maybe that's why I feel a little stronger about it than others.

U have nothing but shitty, retarded, weak ass music out today, Axl has the CD to do some damage to the musical landscape but chooses to sit back and not do anything.

Yes, it is his choice, but as a fan, it makes you wonder why they even released the CD to begin with.

if Axl wasn't ready, he shouldn't have released it.

U think the negativity was bad before, u Let this thing keep going the way it is going and all those critics etc are going to have an endless supply of fuel to throw on their Axl Hatred.

Im sorry that I, as a fan, don't want that to happen. I want Axl to show the world what they've been missing and he has the album to do it but chooses to remain silent.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #924 on: December 07, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »

How many celebrities are constantly doing self  promoting and interviews over and over?  And you're like would that person just shut up.  IE/ All the Britney bullshit, or seeing Scott Wieland getting busted over and over for drugs.  Or how about when celebrities give their 2 cents on the world.  Do you really care?  I don't.  If Axl doesn't want to prostitute himself, that's a good thing.  If he wants his privacy, thats fine.  Leave it at that, it is what it is, and it's a good album.

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #925 on: December 07, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »

I think this sums it up nicely:

"Ask yourself why I should choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #926 on: December 07, 2008, 10:04:26 PM »

Yet all I see here are a group of whiny bitches who are never happy and upset that Axl's master plan does not mirror their own.

What gives?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #927 on: December 07, 2008, 10:08:59 PM »

Yet all I see here are a group of whiny bitches who are never happy and upset that Axl's master plan does not mirror their own.

What gives?

some people will never be happy.

others are just the negative type who always look for something to complain about.   They see everything as the glass half empty and dwell on that.

others have built up their own delsuional ideas of what should happen with GnR over all these years and when things don't go the way they invisioned, they feel somehow shortchanged.   

Then theres trolls who just like to stir shit up because they are bored.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #928 on: December 07, 2008, 10:09:09 PM »

This is some seriously fucked-up shit. All these years of bitching by everyone and then the album comes out and everyone expects miracles to happen and they don't. This album is sure to be a creeper just like AFD. Trust me. Soon is not the word.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #929 on: December 07, 2008, 10:20:51 PM »

Posted 1 hour 3 minutes ago

Britney Spears's Circus - her new album, not her life - has debuted at number three in the Australian album chart.

It caps off a remarkable comeback for the troubled pop star, with her album sitting behind Pink and the Kings Of Leon.

Radio comedy stars Hamish and Andy have debuted at number five with Unessential Listening, behind Aussie rockers AC/DC.

Nickelback's Dark Horse sits at number six, in front of Guns N Roses's long-awaited Chinese Democracy and The Killers's Day And Age.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/12/08/2440518.htm?section=entertainment

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #930 on: December 07, 2008, 10:24:31 PM »

Personally I am just happy to have the damn thing in my cd player. It was a long wait but totally worth it IMO. I have no expectations form Axl..or from the band. If they tour..fan-fucking-tastic, I'll be at every show I can walk/run/drive/fly/crawl to, if not, oh well. If they put out a video, I will watch it, I will apreciate it and if they don't,again, oh well, life goes on. If Axl or any band member does an interview, that would be awesome, I'd watch it and if they don't, who really cares? They have delivered to us an amazing body of music, their job is done unless THEY want to tour/interview..not what we want them to do. D, it is almost disturbing to think you actually believe they owe us something more?? Just by listening to the cd you have to feel and understand how much of Axl's soul is in this. I personally feel that this is more then just a mere cd, this is an epic piece of a very private person and his vision. Stop your bitchin and whining and be happy with what you got. Undecided

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #931 on: December 07, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »

It doesn't matter what we want or what we think is right.  It's not our call.  It's up to Axl.  Apparently he doesn't feel like talking now, so what good does it do for us to bitch and complain about it?  NONE!  When he decides the time is right, great.  We all wanted the album back in 2002, but it wasn't ready.  It's like we're starting all over again.  Now we WANT Axl to do interviews and since he's not people are bitching again.  Some people have to enjoy what we have and not worry so much about what we don't have.  I know the concerns are coming from a good place, but seriously all the bitching isn't doing anybody any good.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #932 on: December 07, 2008, 11:19:43 PM »

Also, I dont want Axl to do commercials like Ozzy or put CD songs in car commercials or any of that shit.

I guess I can be impatient. I just hope by sometime next year, we could possibly get a tour and an interview.

that would be awesome.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #933 on: December 08, 2008, 12:13:03 PM »

its dropped to 11 in the UK in a week. OUCH!

html sucks
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #934 on: December 08, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »

In regards to people maybe not hearing them...

I went to this bar in a city in Massachusetts again and the jukebox there has a HUGE banner on the screen when picking songs for "Chinese Democracy" and I've been there twice...and each time somebody has played several songs from the album. 

Many, knowing how much I love the band and Axl, have come up to me telling me how great the songs sound...

While I almost never hear any songs played on the radio (outside of the first day the title track came out)...I don't understand how management could lack so much in one area of promoting the album but then do some pretty good things like this specific way.

All in all the way things have been done since day 1 have been extremely unorthodox...Axl and company just seem to be keeping that consistent at the very least...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #935 on: December 08, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

In regards to people maybe not hearing them...

I went to this bar in a city in Massachusetts again and the jukebox there has a HUGE banner on the screen when picking songs for "Chinese Democracy" and I've been there twice...and each time somebody has played several songs from the album. 

Many, knowing how much I love the band and Axl, have come up to me telling me how great the songs sound...

While I almost never hear any songs played on the radio (outside of the first day the title track came out)...I don't understand how management could lack so much in one area of promoting the album but then do some pretty good things like this specific way.

All in all the way things have been done since day 1 have been extremely unorthodox...Axl and company just seem to be keeping that consistent at the very least...

What bar?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #936 on: December 08, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

isn't cd already a huge seller and a bestseller in other countries?  Huh
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #937 on: December 08, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »

For all you moaners;

Kanye West's album is out of the lists and largely forgotten in Europe already, it was never a big deal here.
GN'R on the other hand rule the charts smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Cocktail Swagger
Opening Act

Melody Inside Of Me, Still Searches 4 A Solution

« Reply #938 on: December 08, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »

For all you moaners;

Kanye West's album is out of the lists and largely forgotten in Europe already, it was never a big deal here.
GN'R on the other hand rule the charts smoking

Ruling the charts is falling to 11th in the Uk during the 2nd week of release?

THIS MELODY INSIDE OF ME, STILL SEARCHES FOR A SOLUTION
2cool4school
Opening Act

« Reply #939 on: December 08, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »

Album sales do not equal album quallity.  BUT, album sales do help an artist make quallity music.  A quallity album alone will not sell, you need to push it.  I think the new ac/dc album sucks.  Here in alberta canada it is being pushed down everyones throat.  It has become bland.  Sorta like U2 in the lat 90's early mid 2000's...  Red hot Chillies in the mid 2000's..

This album is great, but the timing of the release and the lack of any serious promotion have hurt it.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: