Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:28:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471134 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #840 on: December 05, 2008, 10:20:38 AM »

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/digital_index.jsp

Pretty cool stuff smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #841 on: December 05, 2008, 10:23:06 AM »

Is this real?Huh??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #842 on: December 05, 2008, 10:25:35 AM »

why? it is.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #843 on: December 05, 2008, 10:26:47 AM »

Of course it's real, they are global sales figures, which by the way should be much higher by the time I posted this. GN'R are back on top, and with virtually no promotion! beer smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #844 on: December 05, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »

the music promotes itself. Cool
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #845 on: December 05, 2008, 10:43:09 AM »

PP, glad to see you and your chance/karma avatar.  ok

Nothing to say
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #846 on: December 05, 2008, 10:53:18 AM »

Of course it's real, they are global sales figures, which by the way should be much higher by the time I posted this. GN'R are back on top, and with virtually no promotion! beer smoking

I'm pretty sure we can call this the greatest band in the world.  peace
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #847 on: December 05, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »

fuck yeah!!!! taking over the world, bitches!  gnr is back on top!!  way to go to everyone who made this moment possible!  axl, tommy, pitman, bumble, frank, fortus, paul, bucket, brain, josh, beta, baz, and all the other musicians and professionals who put their blood sweat and tears into this masterpiece!  it's gotta be so rewarding to see this music take the world by storm!
luis-III
Opening Act

« Reply #848 on: December 05, 2008, 11:40:50 AM »

Sold mnore world wide than the more promoted Ac/DC album... platinum for xmas ?

Taylor Swift   sold  619 000 the first week
GUNS N ROSES SOLD 640 000 ......FUCK YEAHH!!!!!!

its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #849 on: December 05, 2008, 12:32:22 PM »

wow thats great news! Would have been higher if axl did some promotion but fuck it back on top where they belong!

Good fuckin night
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #850 on: December 05, 2008, 02:09:08 PM »

Sold mnore world wide than the more promoted Ac/DC album... platinum for xmas ?

WOWWWWWWWW!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!
The only reason im supprised is cus they barely had any advertising but besides that IM FUCKING EXCITED THAT GNR IS BACK ON TOP BICH smoking

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #851 on: December 05, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »

Without even trying.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #852 on: December 05, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »

#1 across the world makes #2 or #3 in the states seem irrelevant.      Sales are sales, no matter where they come from.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #853 on: December 05, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »

I just saw on Hits Daily Double the projection for the top 10 next week and GN'R is not on the list.  I guess they are projecting a 70% drop in sales.  That is not good at all.  I hope it isn't too late for the album to salvage at least Gold certification, but the way it's looking, that seems tough.

Ali
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #854 on: December 05, 2008, 04:18:38 PM »

I just saw on Hits Daily Double the projection for the top 10 next week and GN'R is not on the list.  I guess they are projecting a 70% drop in sales.  That is not good at all.  I hope it isn't too late for the album to salvage at least Gold certification, but the way it's looking, that seems tough.

Ali

you're so full of shit.  gnr is the biggest band in the world.  cd was the most anticipated album of all time -- officially!  so please, don't try and tell me that this baby won't go platinum.  you'd probably love that though.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #855 on: December 05, 2008, 04:34:49 PM »

Ali

you're so full of shit.  gnr is the biggest band in the world.  cd was the most anticipated album of all time -- officially!  so please, don't try and tell me that this baby won't go platinum.  you'd probably love that though.

If you knew me at all, which you obviously don't, you'd know that I want this album to succeed and I love the new band and album.  The fact is GN'R is no longer the biggest band in the world.  This album is not selling well so far.  But, it is the best album I've heard in years.  Sales and quality do not go hand in hand necessarily.

Ali
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #856 on: December 05, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »

Ali

GN'R isn't mentioned- but if I remember correctly NO ARTIST was mentioned for the 2nd spot. That either means they expect GN'R to be 2nd and forgot to mention it- OR they think it will completely fall off the charts.

At the end of the day nobody knows what's going to happen though. As you say- the quality IS there- so once people start figuring that out- this album could fall off the charts for a couple of weeks and then come screaming back with vengeance. Not typical- but NOTHING about all this is typical...

Honest to God- most rock fans I talk to are still awaking from a long slumber and just starting to realize that there's a new GN'R album for sale... Let's see what happens.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Ali
Legend

« Reply #857 on: December 05, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »

Ali

GN'R isn't mentioned- but if I remember correctly NO ARTIST was mentioned for the 2nd spot. That either means they expect GN'R to be 2nd and forgot to mention it- OR they think it will completely fall off the charts.

At the end of the day nobody knows what's going to happen though. As you say- the quality IS there- so once people start figuring that out- this album could fall off the charts for a couple of weeks and then come screaming back with vengeance. Not typical- but NOTHING about all this is typical...

Honest to God- most rock fans I talk to are still awaking from a long slumber and just starting to realize that there's a new GN'R album for sale... Let's see what happens.

Actually, Taylor Swift is listed as their projected #2.  I think in order for this album to make a comeback sales-wise, it needs a hit.  Maybe a ballad could give the across the board appeal needed?  Maybe "Street of Dreams"?  I have a feeling that would work better than "This I Love" on radio.

Ali
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #858 on: December 05, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »

Ali

Actually, Taylor Swift is listed as their projected #2.  I think in order for this album to make a comeback sales-wise, it needs a hit.  Maybe a ballad could give the across the board appeal needed?  Maybe "Street of Dreams"?  I have a feeling that would work better than "This I Love" on radio.

Ali

This is the one I saw...

HITS:

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 CHART PREVIEW: As we head into the home stretch of the sales week, it?s all about the resurgent Britney Spears, whose Circus (Jive/ZLG) has far exceeded expectations and now appears headed toward 470-490k. Just what the doctor ordered?a feel-good story heading into the holidays. The only other debut that will make the leader board is Akon?s Freedom (SRC/Universal Motown), which should wind up at #8 with a projected 90-95.

Otherwise it?ll be the usual suspects: #3 Taylor Swift (Big Machine), 170-180k; #4 Beyonce (Music World/Columbia), 160-170k; #5 Kanye West (Roc-a-Fella/IDJ), 150-160k; #6 Twilight (Chop Shop/Atlantic), 120-130k; #7 Nickelback (Roadrunner), 110-120k; #9 Now 29 (UMe) 85-90k; and #10 a dust-up between David Cook (19/RCA/RMG) and High School Musical 3 (Walt Disney), both trending toward 80-85k. Speaking of trends, next week?s Top 10 will break the recent pattern of domination by one or two labels and will instead be spread among 10 different ones. (12/5a)

Though I don't exactly understand what they're trying to say (i.e. Taylor Swift was #3 or will stay #3 or whatever). Tongue

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #859 on: December 05, 2008, 07:52:11 PM »

Ali

Ali

This is the one I saw...

HITS:

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 CHART PREVIEW: As we head into the home stretch of the sales week, it?s all about the resurgent Britney Spears, whose Circus (Jive/ZLG) has far exceeded expectations and now appears headed toward 470-490k. Just what the doctor ordered?a feel-good story heading into the holidays. The only other debut that will make the leader board is Akon?s Freedom (SRC/Universal Motown), which should wind up at #8 with a projected 90-95.

Otherwise it?ll be the usual suspects: #3 Taylor Swift (Big Machine), 170-180k; #4 Beyonce (Music World/Columbia), 160-170k; #5 Kanye West (Roc-a-Fella/IDJ), 150-160k; #6 Twilight (Chop Shop/Atlantic), 120-130k; #7 Nickelback (Roadrunner), 110-120k; #9 Now 29 (UMe) 85-90k; and #10 a dust-up between David Cook (19/RCA/RMG) and High School Musical 3 (Walt Disney), both trending toward 80-85k. Speaking of trends, next week?s Top 10 will break the recent pattern of domination by one or two labels and will instead be spread among 10 different ones. (12/5a)

Though I don't exactly understand what they're trying to say (i.e. Taylor Swift was #3 or will stay #3 or whatever). Tongue

wow. so they are not expecting week 2 to be over 80k?!@@#
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: