Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 443415 times)
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »

(leaked, but official) UK Midweeks Thursday

1 130404 DAY & AGE KILLERS
2 79124 CHINESE DEMOCRACY GUNS N' ROSES
3 57367 RHYDIAN RHYDIAN
4 39678 SPIRIT LEONA LEWIS
5 38161 THE PRIESTS PRIESTS

As a side note, 130404 in the UK is the equivalent of 645,000 in the US, and 79124 is the equivalent of 392,000.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 04:36:27 PM by demo23nz » Logged
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »

No radio station in the WNY Buffalo/Rochester metro area plays any of the new GNR material.

Chinese Democracy
WEDG-FM Buffalo 17 (spins TW) 18 (LW)

#spins (played during the hours of)
7 (overnight)
1 (am)
4 (midday)
1 (pm)
4 (evening)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2008, 04:30:20 PM »

Its a great album so I dont care who doesnt like it and if it doesnt sell a million copies, to me its a platinum quality record.

It's going to do great worldwide (outside of the USA) where HIP HOP isnt so dominate,

WIth Hip Hop dominate, and some DJs "Anti New GnR" and the Best Buy deal its going to hurt overal sales in the USA, but it should help with a second single, and its sales should not drop off as fast being that not everyone knows whats going on with GnR and that it only be available at Best Buy, People need to get there and see it in store, Black Friday should help sell the albums as they have a decent sized display in store all those people are going to have to pass when they shop at BestbUy on Friday.

Also you really can't compare Black Ice to CD, Black Ice was a Walmart Exclusive and there is thousands more Walmart stores in the USA then Best Buys, which leads to alot more chances of the classic fan to walk by and see it.

Giving Best buy exclusive rights is what was best for Geffen to get the extra money they got, but the sales will be lower overal but it was what was best for the record company.

IF you love CD as much as I do, charting positions and sales shouldnt get you down, Just enjoy the CD loud enough to piss off neighbords / coworkers.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2008, 04:46:11 PM »

Ha-ha-ha!!! Check this shit out!!!

http://music.sympatico.msn.ca/abc/newsandfeatures/contentposting_news.aspx?isfa=1&feedname=CP-ENTERTAINMENT&showbyline=True&newsitemid=54203032

Awesome!!!
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »

No radio station in the WNY Buffalo/Rochester metro area plays any of the new GNR material.

Chinese Democracy
WEDG-FM Buffalo 17 (spins TW) 18 (LW)

#spins (played during the hours of)
7 (overnight)
1 (am)
4 (midday)
1 (pm)
4 (evening)

...those numbers are for a WHOLE week. That means it got one play everynight between 10pm-6am and only played 10 other times during a 7 day span between 6am-10-pm. Those numbers suck! They constantly shove the garbage Nickelback/Seether/3 Days Grace/Nu-metal bullshit down our throats up here in WNY. There is truly no alternative station up here, which blows!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #345 on: November 27, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

(leaked, but official) UK Midweeks Thursday

1 130404 DAY & AGE KILLERS
2 79124 CHINESE DEMOCRACY GUNS N' ROSES
3 57367 RHYDIAN RHYDIAN
4 39678 SPIRIT LEONA LEWIS
5 38161 THE PRIESTS PRIESTS

As a side note, 130404 in the UK is the equivalent of 645,000 in the US, and 79124 is the equivalent of 392,000.

So looks like Guns should go gold in the UK in the first week

I'm surprised the Killers are more popular over there than they are here
turbosmash
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »

Listen a video of any song will not do anything, no videos are even played on mtv anymore. THey also could not sell the cd at walmart, ac/dc was already there and there is no way that walmart would be able to get both contracts, and also gnr could lose more sales due to the competition. I think chinese democracy will sell well, I think the myspace streaming of the album actually hurt the sales due to people being disappointed, they should have never let it stream over myspace. I would think that it should have been able to sell at least 500,000 the first week, but it looks to be lower which in a sense it actually not that good for the hyped album, I would be disappointed if it did not sell well the first week. I like the new cd, trust me, but if it was the old band it would have sold easily over 1 million the first week, also it would be terrible if contraband sells more than chinese democracy!
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »

Especially since Chi-Dem only had three days.  ok
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

Listen a video of any song will not do anything,

Everybody is saying that, but every record label is still happy to fork out the dollars for them... Not for nothing.
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »

Videos are made for youtube/internet now. They probably get seen more than they ever did on tv. That said I don't see a GNR video being a hit, even if it was like November Rain. What rock videos are big hits now??
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: November 27, 2008, 07:45:38 PM »

Just cos MTV isn't playing videos, doesn't mean that there aren't other cable outlets for music videos.

Also, while I don't know what (if any) videos might have been 'Nov Rain' style hits, every Kanye or Killers song I've ever heard I've heard while skipping around music video channels (don't listen to the radio).
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #351 on: November 27, 2008, 08:09:06 PM »

comparing to ACDC and metallica does make alot of sense.

BUT, you need to factor in Best Buy vs. Walmart vs. no exclusive deal.

there are FAR less Best Buy stores in the U.S. than Walmarts. I believe there's about 1,000 BB vs. 4,000 Walmarts vs. metallica's CD being sold everywhere.

then add in the fact that Best Buy is hurting. Revenues are down, while Walmart's revenues are up. because of the economy, people are not buying TVs/appliances/etc., and staying away from places like Best Buy. and conversely, they are MORE inclined to go to a store like Walmart for daily essentials and low cost house items.

Wal-Mart is so much more convenient for most people.  Especially those of us who live in rural areas where it's basically the ONLY place around to shop easily.  I had to drive an hour to get to a Best Buy...and if I were a "casual" fan, well, I wouldn't have made the effort.  It would have been one of those "next time I'm in Monroe, I'll pick it up" deals.  

I think we all want Chinese Democracy to be successful because it validates our love of GN'R.  I'd love to see GN'R on top of the charts, but I won't lose sleep over it if they aren't.  

I just wonder....I know I bought multiple copies.  Most of us here did.  So...how much does that inflate the numbers?  Significantly or not?  I mean, how many "die hard" fans are there?  lol  

I don't think the multiple copies bought by us die hards inflated the numbers too much. Especially in the USA. Probable on 1k or so.And that would be at the high, high end of my guess.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #352 on: November 27, 2008, 08:09:55 PM »

Best Buy- though smart from a record label perspective (get paid upfront)- is without a doubt hurting sales in the US. I know several friends of mine who are general rock fans and casual GN'R fans- and they WILL buy the disk at some point. They just aren't going to get off their ass and drive 30 to 40 minutes to go to the closest Best Buy to do it during the first couple days/weeks that it's available- and they probably really don't think about it when they're on-line or whatever. They WILL eventually buy it though (one way or the other). I can only assume that thousands upon thousands of people out there fall into this category. This album will sell well when all is said and done... Let's look at the numbers in 6 months. ok
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:12:07 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #353 on: November 27, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »

...those numbers are for a WHOLE week. That means it got one play everynight between 10pm-6am and only played 10 other times during a 7 day span between 6am-10-pm. Those numbers suck! They constantly shove the garbage Nickelback/Seether/3 Days Grace/Nu-metal bullshit down our throats up here in WNY. There is truly no alternative station up here, which blows!

Jesus Christ.  Take your thumb out of your mouth.  You claimed it was not being played at all.  You were proven wrong.

The MOST Chinese Democracy was played on any Active Rock station this week was 42 times.  If you don't like the spins your station is posting, then how about being a little more proactive and request it, instead of whining about it?

In New York state period, CD is being played on WEDG, WXRK, WKRL, and WQBK.  Better, btw, is also being played on WQBK. 
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #354 on: November 28, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jSRyL-CDqphSLrqGVagXY-0orbaA

GN'R beats Kanye West in Canada!

ok

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #355 on: November 28, 2008, 08:16:11 AM »

The economy could be a huge factor too.

People barely have money for food and gas, let alone a new album.

I disagree.

History has proven that in times of financial crisis, people spend twice more on distractions ( theatres, restaurants AND music).

Nothing to say
turbosmash
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #356 on: November 28, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »

The other reason why guns chose to promote their cd as an "exclusive" only is because best buy basically had to purchase all the prints and therefore geffen/interscope had already made money. IT was basically the only way they were going to be able to pay off the 13 million dollar price tag.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #357 on: November 28, 2008, 09:52:27 AM »

Fuckin right we do!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jSRyL-CDqphSLrqGVagXY-0orbaA

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #358 on: November 28, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »

Hell yeah, you know music! Congratulations! beer

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #359 on: November 28, 2008, 09:57:39 AM »

In Holland they debuted on number 4 in the album top 100 ok

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »