Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:54:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 444884 times)
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2008, 10:23:50 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Democracy' Tops iTunes Rock Albums Charts Across The Globe - Nov. 26, 2008

According to antiMUSIC, GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy" has topped the iTunes Rock Albums charts across the globe. The long-awaited effort took the lead on the charts in U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. The only odd ball holdout was Norway, where GN'R was No. 2 to TIM CHRISTENSEN's "Superior".

GN'R is currently on top of the overall iTunes album charts in Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Sweden, and Switzerland. In the U.S., they are No. 4 behind releases from KANYE WEST, THE KILLERS and COLDPLAY.

They have been denied the No. 1 by THE KILLERS in the UK, Australia, Norway, Portugal and Spain. In France they are No 2. behind SEAL's new album "Soul". And it's a battle of egos in Canada where KANYE WEST is keeping GN'R from topping the overall iTunes album chart.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109661

Maybe it'll "only" sell a million or two in the US in this current climate, but the world wide sales will be the true defining figure. Of course, they will do a true world tour shortly also...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2008, 12:54:13 PM »

whoever takes care of the statistics... here's another one where CD (The album) is first on the charts

http://www.aquarius-records.com/

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2008, 01:28:04 PM »

i found this

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10rockalbums.html

what mean "itunes",i mean in % of whole selling

c'mon Denmark...fall in line like every other country on the list Wink

It's also doing well on the Top 10 albums and not just the Rock Chart
http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html

Mostly #1 and #2 in all the countries listed.

Very impressive!

GNR dropped to 5th in the USA.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »

maybe it's up to us to put axl over the top like the old days.  maybe all the htgth gunners in the us should go buy another 5 or 10 copies of the album.  if we did that, it'd surely put the final nail in kanye's coffin!
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »

Kanye was all over the American Music Awards. Free publicity for his dogshit album. GNR had better crash the Grammys MTV style.  ok
luis-III
Opening Act

« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2008, 01:40:51 PM »

Kanye was all over the American Music Awards. Free publicity for his dogshit album. GNR had better crash the Grammys MTV style.  ok

YES   crying
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2008, 01:59:28 PM »

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news07362

KANYE CAUSES HEARTBREAK FOR CHALLENGERS

West?s New Album Will Approach 500k, as Guns (300k), Ludacris (225k) and The Killers (200k) All Trail

November 26, 2008

Kanye?s the king of Thanksgiving week.
West's Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam album, 808s and Heartbreak, in which he tackles the Auto-Tuner and his own inner demons, will be #1 on next Tuesday?s chart with a total that looks to be between 450-500k.

That?ll be more than enough to beat back Axl Rose and his first Guns N? Roses album in some 15 years, Chinese Democracy, which will move around 300k, more or less, out of Best Buy outlets. And that?s including the 25k or so not counted opening week at iTunes for the Sunday release.

Ludacris? Island Def Jam album, Theater of the Mind, looks good for 225k, followed by the other one of IDJ?s big holiday power trio, The

Killers? Day and Age, clocking in with 200k more or less.

Finally, what would the turkey shoot be without Barry Manilow? The "Copacabana" guy scores 85k for his new Arista/RMG album, The Greatest Songs of the Eighties, thanks to huge QVC sales.

Coldplay?s Prospekt?s March EP on Capitol will chalk up between 75-80k, while Capitol Nashville?s Trace Adkins appears headed for the 40-45k area for his new album, X.

After some Monday confusion over release dates (all three major circulars advertised the IDJ albums coming on Tuesday), the numbers seem back to normal.

Meanwhile, the market was up 6% vs. last week, down 32% vs. same week last year and now down 14% year to date. Feels like a tryptophan hangover even before the turkey is served.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »

That is the best point made so far.  I'm sorry, you can say video video video all you want, but videos are dead in the U.S.  I'm telling you - there's nowhere to watch them.  That's not an important medium anymore.

And for the people who say "yeah, but it'll get (x) amount of hits on YouTube - those MySpace hits obviously didn't translate to booming business, so why would that be any different?  Certainly CD as an album was anticipated by many people, even casual fans.  A video is not.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #248 on: November 26, 2008, 02:14:09 PM »

Its not even Thursday but yet and they can already tell how many albums will sell this week?  Reminds me of political exit polls or some shit.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #249 on: November 26, 2008, 02:41:53 PM »

Its not even Thursday but yet and they can already tell how many albums will sell this week?  Reminds me of political exit polls or some shit.

You really think anything will change over the next 4 days?  Maybe we can all refresh ourselves on standard deviations and realize that there is a 99.7% chance that Kanye will get #1?

Sucks that it won't get #1... hopefully the album will have legs.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2008, 02:48:59 PM »

You really think anything will change over the next 4 days?  Maybe we can all refresh ourselves on standard deviations and realize that there is a 99.7% chance that Kanye will get #1?

Sucks that it won't get #1... hopefully the album will have legs.

Not the point.  But thanks for your expertise on the matter.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2008, 04:52:32 PM »

It will be a sad day if GNR doesn't sell more than Kanye.  I think GNR can sell way more than 300k.  I am not the one to criticize music but can Kanye really sing???  Is it my imagination that he sounds bad and should stick to rapping.  There is not much computers can do to hide this.  Don't get me wrong Kanye is very creative but come on...  I guess I am out of touch and am becoming old. 
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »

I don't know how they do the math, but they're normally pretty accurate... Maybe it will be 310,000 or 320,000 but I'd be surprised if they're off by much more than that.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »

I don't know how they do the math, but they're normally pretty accurate... Maybe it will be 310,000 or 320,000 but I'd be surprised if they're off by much more than that.

Yeah.  I was not doubting the accuracy, just wondering how they know already.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »

Yeah.  I was not doubting the accuracy, just wondering how they know already.

I think they basically know the day by day sales patterns for each day of the week (and each week of the year), and once they've seen the sales for enough of the week they can do a pretty accurate 'guestimate' at what sales will be for the remaining days.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2008, 05:14:51 PM »

The funny thing is just yesterday, HDD was saying 300-500k and that their prediction was more of a crapshoot than usual.  I wonder how they got so much more accurate in a day?

Soundscan data is released on a weekly basis, so what are they basing this prediction off of?

Ali
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »

The funny thing is just yesterday, HDD was saying 300-500k and that their prediction was more of a crapshoot than usual.  I wonder how they got so much more accurate in a day?

Another day strengthens the data on how the sales are dropping/holding steady/gaining each day. One day isn't a lot, but when it's one of seven it improves the accuracy of their data significantly.

We'll see though I guess. The numbers could wind up being a bit off, it has been an odd release timing wise... But I doubt they'll be so off as to be wrong about #1 and #2.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »

I've seen these before.  They're based on first day sales and projections and are usually pretty accurate.  It looks like CD won't go #1.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »

a major bummer  Undecided

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2008, 05:54:28 PM »

Based on what's being reported, it sounds like it probably won't go to #1, but I wouldn't rule it out yet completely.

I do strongly believe this is the kind of album that will take some getting used to for many music listeners.  I think the key is to get the right song out there that connects with people in a special way, much in the way SCOM did back in '88.  When that happens, I expect that album to rocket back up in the charts and stay at #1 for awhile.

It's disappointing it probably won't go to #1 right off the bat, but there is a lot more to happen with this album, I think.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: