Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 444356 times)
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »

I listen to all kinds of music and you can always tell the artist who worked hard at his/her shit and the ones who just put crap out to sell a few 100,000 copies.  Axl worked hard on this record, but so do many hip-hop artists on their's...
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2008, 12:05:55 AM »

If they are in the 500 - 300k range, I'd say Kanye's a lock for #1.

I can't wait until America pulls its collective head out of hip-hop's ass.

Will never happen, because hip-hop continues to innovate and work hard at their craft.  Until rock comes back and starts pumping out quality shit, hip-hop will remain king...
What!? hip hop has been stagnant for about 16 years.

P.S. Do any of you actually look at the charts? because I always see a ton of rock bands on it every week.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:07:47 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »

Yeah, stagnant at the top of the charts......
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2008, 12:08:24 AM »

Yeah, stagnant at the top of the charts......
And your point is? Are you the kind of person who follows trends? because if you are I sure hope you're a young kid. nervous
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:10:01 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2008, 12:17:58 AM »

Are all of the pre-orders being taken into account for this 300-500k estimate?  Also, are all of the pre-orders automatically being calculated into the first week sales?  How does that work? 
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »

Will never happen, because hip-hop continues to innovate and work hard at their craft.  Until rock comes back and starts pumping out quality shit, hip-hop will remain king...

Didn't take him long to rip the iPod outta my hands and turn on yet another song about dem bitchezz in da klub yo.

Kanye West's first three singles were about:  Surviving a car accident, Self consciousness and Jesus.
Kanye's most recent songs are about:  His mother's death, breaking up with his fiance.

The fact that you group him with the "dem bitchezz in da klub yo" hip hop, or the fact that you think his new album is hip hop at all, shows who really has their head up their ass.  Try making a point of not talking shit about something you have no clue about... This is the equivalent of someone saying Guns N' Roses are the same as Simple Plan and they write a bunch of songs about how tough high school and parents are.
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2008, 01:02:41 AM »

If they are in the 500 - 300k range, I'd say Kanye's a lock for #1.

there is not a single quality product produced from hip hop since the days of Dre and 2pac..

this shit blows.. its mtv fed trash..
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2008, 01:04:39 AM »

Axl's silence is becoming quite loud.  Every 10 mins I have a new theory on why he is still so silent.  It is quite interesting.

prairieboy,

Maybe he didn't really want to put the album out yet.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2008, 01:16:07 AM »

there is not a single quality product produced from hip hop since the days of Dre and 2pac..

this shit blows.. its mtv fed trash..

And rock music is SO innovative and strong right now, it's just being screwed over by MTV who only play trash.    Cry
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2008, 01:17:22 AM »

MTV doesn't even play music.

Black Ice was awful shit, but it's selling.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2008, 01:17:47 AM »

Metallica's Death Magnetic sold approximately 500k first week.

keep in mind Metallica did that in 2 days...their first sales week was only Friday and Saturday since it came out at the end of the week...that is 250,000 per DAY...and then they stayed on top of the charts 3 weeks...I hope "Chinese Democracy" sells well, but it is a phenomenal record regardless...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2008, 01:21:44 AM »

Would the retail-exclusive thing be hurting sales? Insted of being available everywhere so casual shoppers can pick it up it's only at the one store chain.
I always thought having retail exclusive albums in general was stupid.

Everybody here said the retail exclusive was the way to go.  Now that sales are projecting lower than desired, everybody is saying the retail exclusive is hurting sales.  Bottom line is: I work in sales... sales is all about promotion.  Promotion, advertising and more promotion.  Where is the band?  Where is Axl?  Where are the videos? 

Actually, truth be told, the album is doing really fucking well when you consider there is almost zero promotion with it by the band itself...

Retail exclusive is definitely the way to go in terms of making money.  In terms of raw sales figures, it's not but that doesn't matter

Would you rather sell a million and make a net profit of 5 million or 2 million and not break even?  Those figures are completely arbitrary but my point is that the retail exclusive was not done to maximize units sold, it was done to maximize profit while releasing the music the way they wanted to (i.e. without the curse words bleeped out)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2008, 01:23:26 AM »

Metallica's Death Magnetic sold approximately 500k first week.

keep in mind Metallica did that in 2 days...their first sales week was only Friday and Saturday since it came out at the end of the week...that is 250,000 per DAY...and then they stayed on top of the charts 3 weeks...I hope "Chinese Democracy" sells well, but it is a phenomenal record regardless...

It's actually 4 days.  Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday all count on the charts.  Nonetheless, it is a very impressive performance

The reason CD isn't showing up on tomorrow's chart has something to do with digital sales rules and the fact that Best Buy hasn't released their sales figures
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2008, 01:25:30 AM »

Axl's silence is becoming quite loud.  Every 10 mins I have a new theory on why he is still so silent.  It is quite interesting.

prairieboy,

Yeah, that is one of my ever changing theories.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2008, 01:51:02 AM »

Nah, i don't believe he didn't want to put it out yet for a second.

He even commented on the Dr. Pepper thing a while back.  He'll talk when he's ready.  they must be doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff even now.

prairieboy,

Yeah, that is one of my ever changing theories.

prairieboy,

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2008, 02:26:37 AM »

Personally I think  it adds to the mystique if you will. I dont think Axl nor the record comp plan was to blow there load from jump street, thee is already a built in interest. IT will no doubt do respectable #s first week, (now tell me any other band or even a new artist, that can generate that)  after such an absence .I have a feeling hey rather nurture this album, and push it over a longer haul. Similar how AFD did. IF it hits #1 first week awesome. But I think , well I would be more concerned with staying power. Building up the excitement fir a tour in the next 6 -8 months.THats just my thinking!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
terozz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2008, 03:20:54 AM »

The album has sold 30 000 in Finland and is certified Platinum - and going to pass double Platinum (40 000) this week. With Xmas sales etc. it will easily reach 50 000+ sales here, and thats a superb performance here!

And of course because of this, it will #1 on this weeks album chart!
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2008, 03:50:05 AM »

#1) More people walk into Wal Mart, BUT the store is so damn big only about 2% of the people would probably even notice AC/DC had
a new album (unless they put it at the entrance like Best Buy did??)

#2) The day/weekend after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year...Best Buy will be flooded with traffic.. At my local Best Buy, you
can't help but notice the big GNR rack right when you walk inside.

#3) the charts dont even reflect worldwide sales..Only US....Worldwide sales comparisons will blow away any album released this year.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2008, 04:00:29 AM »

The album selling a shit load is/would be cool , but if it doesn't them that is the lose of those that don't buy it . Cause it is fucking great.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2008, 04:01:47 AM »

The album selling a shit load is/would be cool , but if it doesn't them that is the lose of those that don't buy it . Cause it is fucking great.

That's exactly how I see it. And think about those Chinese fans Cheesy

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: