Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:34:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 444414 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2008, 10:12:06 PM »

Your post is one too many people here will simply choose to ignore.  The lack of a video, AMA appearance and interviews by Axl are going to hurt sales.  Everybody here wants it to beat Black Ice and Death Magnetic, but those bands were out promoting the hell out of those albums.  I think Axl is a brilliant artist, but he's not as driven as some other artists are.  It is what it is, I guess...

Well, I think we can chalk up the lack of a video and any live appearances to Robins departure.

I find it odd that we havnt heard from Axl. From 2000-2006 Axl was always upbeat about what the band was doing and was doing interviews etc. IMO, something has happened with Axl, mgmt, and the fans. Something just seems off.

The easy answer is Axl just wants to let the music do the talkingmand he will do the follow up promo shortly. But I just dont know about that.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:15:05 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »

I was a little shocked there was no TV Ad for the album during the AMA's last night?!  Huh

Whatever this thing sells - it sells. The main thing is that, for me as a GNR fan, it's actually OUT there for SALE!!!  ok

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2008, 10:17:19 PM »

Your post is one too many people here will simply choose to ignore.  The lack of a video, AMA appearance and interviews by Axl are going to hurt sales.  Everybody here wants it to beat Black Ice and Death Magnetic, but those bands were out promoting the hell out of those albums.  I think Axl is a brilliant artist, but he's not as driven as some other artists are.  It is what it is, I guess...

Well, I think we can chalk up the lack of a video and any live appearances to Robins departure.

I find it odd that we havnt heard from Axl. From 2000-2006 Axl was always upbeat about what the band was doing and was doing interviews etc. IMO, something has happened with Axl, mgmt, and the fans. Something just seems off.

The easy answer is Axl just wants to let the music do the talkingmand he will do the follow up promo shortly. But I just dont know about that.

I honestly think he just wants to let the music do the talking.  He said as much to RS in that Jan. 2000 interview.

Ali
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »

I want the album to do well too but I'm not going to worry about it when even Mr. Rose doesn't even seem to be worrying about it. And besides, if he wanted to make more music, weak album sales wouldn't stop someone like Axl Rose from making more music.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
lanceman16
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »

Hey, who gives a fuck? Do you like the music or not? Think uncle Axl gives a crap about where it's charting? I certainly do not.
brad1217
Opening Act

« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2008, 10:45:29 PM »

I don't see how the argument could be made that this record got no publicity. This thing got more free publicity than any recording artist could dream of especially after the release was announced. The radio station I listen to out of Southern Ontario 97.7 Hitz fm did two GNR weekends. One after the single came out and one last weekend, and I heard a few radio ads for the cd as well.  Not only that but I can't believe my ears and eyes when I see all the positives reviews that this records getting. Not because I don't think it deserves it but because of the fact that so many people critisized GNR for all those years and they are forced to admit he made a phenomenal record!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »

If they are in the 500 - 300k range, I'd say Kanye's a lock for #1.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2008, 11:07:51 PM »

You need to at least have a video. If not perform on TV.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2008, 11:16:27 PM »

We should wait until the numbers come out first. 

Ritz Reeves III
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »

I can't wait until America pulls its collective head out of hip-hop's ass.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »

A video or an appearance isn't going to kick up album sales by a couple hundred thousand.  Why don't we wait and see what happens first.  Some people are living in this  it is still a 1991 music industry mode.  Albums just don't sell as well as they used to.  If they do 300,00-500,000 in the first week after being out of the spotlight this long great.  The most important thing to me is at least the album is out and I get to listen to some great music.
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2008, 11:20:41 PM »

A video or an appearance isn't going to kick up album sales by a couple hundred thousand. 

OK, couple that with the lack of interviews and recent touring...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2008, 11:21:27 PM »

Hey, who gives a fuck? Do you like the music or not? Think uncle Axl gives a crap about where it's charting? I certainly do not.

Well-when AFD came out, at one point, he said he wanted to have the best selling rock debut album of all time-so it is conceivable that yes he does care if the bands first release of original material in 17 years charts at #1
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2008, 11:21:33 PM »

Will never happen, because hip-hop continues to innovate and work hard at their craft.  Until rock comes back and starts pumping out quality shit, hip-hop will remain king...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2008, 11:36:08 PM »

I honestly think he just wants to let the music do the talking.  He said as much to RS in that Jan. 2000 interview.

Ali

If the album undersells, his choice to do just that will be questioned. I love the album but am frankly shocked there has nothing but silence from the band.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »

The first two singles released shot up the requested/most-played radio charts ... the album posted incredible numbers for plays on myspace and one-day sales on iTunes ... and the Dr. Pepper site crashing within minutes of the free soda coupon going online should show that A LOT of people knew exactly when Chinese Democracy was released ....... and yet some of you are pessimistic about sales?  Huh

The glass is soooo beyond half-full that it's overflowing!!! headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »

Will never happen, because hip-hop continues to innovate and work hard at their craft.  Until rock comes back and starts pumping out quality shit, hip-hop will remain king...

Personally, I think it has more to do with conformity than with quality. I'm 18, and almost all of my friends listen to that nonsense, including a guy who used to be a total Grunge buff. A few months ago, I was scrolling through his iPod while he was driving me around, and I clicked a Nirvana song. He recognized the riff in about 2 seconds, and then barked "TURN THAT SHIT OFF" at me. Didn't take him long to rip the iPod outta my hands and turn on yet another song about dem bitchezz in da klub yo.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »

^ Conformity above quality, well said. I gave hip-hop a shot when I was in high school, but it had no chance of becoming anything other than a casual listen since I was into GNR, Metallica and classic rock. ( I was your age when the Illusion Albums came out)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2008, 12:02:12 AM »

The first two singles released shot up the requested/most-played radio charts ... the album posted incredible numbers for plays on myspace and one-day sales on iTunes ... and the Dr. Pepper site crashing within minutes of the free soda coupon going online should show that A LOT of people knew exactly when Chinese Democracy was released ....... and yet some of you are pessimistic about sales?  Huh

The glass is soooo beyond half-full that it's overflowing!!! headbanger

Then this must translate into good sales numbers.

Let's wait and see what happens.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2008, 12:03:50 AM »

Axl's silence is becoming quite loud.  Every 10 mins I have a new theory on why he is still so silent.  It is quite interesting.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: