Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:27:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 471127 times)
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #900 on: December 07, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »

Question: Not that sales matter, but for curiosityes sake, can the album move up on the charts if promotion was to start now (or soon)?

It would arrest the decline, but once an album drops below 100k, it's hard to pull it back above, certainly without a big single (as in top 5 on the mainstream charts for weeks kind of big Problem is of course, that when (if?) they do start promotion in the US they can't focus on the 'most anticipated' album ever angle like they could have a couple of weeks ago, because everybody's seen that the sales and radio play have been average.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:58:03 PM by demo23nz » Logged
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #901 on: December 07, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »

I don't think this album is doomed on the charts yet.
People just need to be made aware that it's out.
Simple as that.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #902 on: December 07, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »

You can spin it any way you want but 255,000 albums (with a Sunday release and Black Friday) is going to look like a huge bomb in the eyes of the media and many fans. What caused this? Was it Best Buy, Axl/GNR's lack of interviews/appearances or a combination of the two?

Or a very bad lead single?

Couldn't agree more.  A lot of people judged the entire album on the title track and its the weakest song on the entire fucking album.  Now "Better" is getting less attention and the next single will get even less.  I don't like the way this is headed......

"Better" is getting increased airplay so far.  It's building.  Give it some time.  Most songs take time to move up the charts.

Ali

So, soothsayer, did the release of "better" help them move up the charts? i havent seen the numbers, so im asking you since you know everything.

According to ShotgunBlues, Better isn't getting the same push as CD.

I think that's more of a logical argument than anything.  Of course the lead single will get a bigger push.  My point is that according to the airplay charts, "Better" is getting increased airplays.  Metallica's "Cyanide" is slowly building in airplay, too.  That's all I was saying.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #903 on: December 07, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

Big difference is though dude, is that Cyanide is like the 5th single or something from DM whereas Better is the 2nd and most pivotal single.

Better has to be a crossover Smash for the CD to go platinum in the US.

They have one more chance after Better. The ballad.

This is the soccer mom single everyone always teases me about with my other band.

But it is true

for CD to be successful they have to release something my mom would love.  This I Love is THAT song.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
R.B. Huckleberry
Opening Act

« Reply #904 on: December 07, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »

Question: Not that sales matter, but for curiosityes sake, can the album move up on the charts if promotion was to start now (or soon)?

It would arrest the decline, but once an album drops below 100k, it's hard to pull it back above, certainly without a big single (as in top 5 on the mainstream charts for weeks kind of big Problem is of course, that when (if?) they do start promotion in the US they can't focus on the 'most anticipated' album ever angle like they could have a couple of weeks ago, because everybody's seen that the sales and radio play have been average.

Not true. Appetite was in a worse situation (I know, I know...different circumstances). 2 Kid Rock releases have been resurrected by late singles releases.

Bottom line: someone needs to push this thing.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #905 on: December 07, 2008, 01:30:54 PM »

Big difference is though dude, is that Cyanide is like the 5th single or something from DM whereas Better is the 2nd and most pivotal single.

This is the soccer mom single everyone always teases me about with my other band.

But it is true

for CD to be successful they have to release something my mom would love.  This I Love is THAT song.

it's a shame that single can't be released druing the 9/11 anniversary.  because i think that song could really speak to the loss and pain people feel.  it would probably become one of the biggest singles, like the celion deon song from titanic.  it just made people emotional and reminded them of their feelings again.  this i love can do the same thing.  i just hope they find a way to maximize its impact in the radio and on tv.  like with a grand, beautiful video.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #906 on: December 07, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »

*vomits at the Celine Dion comparison*

Never, ever use those two names in the same sentence!

I still struggle with suicidal thoughts after I saw her attempt at Sweet Child O' Mine.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #907 on: December 07, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »

buckcherry's most succesful song was released as the 5th single on their album and helped it go platinum.. so GNR has more shots then better or the next single
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #908 on: December 07, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »

buckcherry's most succesful song was released as the 5th single on their album and helped it go platinum.. so GNR has more shots then better or the next single

Yeah, I can't believe people even dispute this. It doesn't matter if it's the 1st of the 6th single, if a song catches on, it catches on. You think people are gonna say "Yeah it rocks, but something was relased before it, so unfortunately I can't listen". Fuck no! The DJ's will play it if the crowd wants it, and TA-DAA! CD is back on the charts.

GN'R 2010!!!
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #909 on: December 07, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »

I don't know 'bout you guys, but here in Bulgaria the album is a massive hit even though most of the people don't know what exactly is going on in the group. Most of them think that Buckethead is still the lead guitarist and so on. Anyway, they played the whole album on the local rock radio one day and you can hear at least 3 songs everyday from the album. Chinese Democracy, Sorry and Madagascar are the songs that are most popular so far.

"...It don't really matter..."
ShacklerSlash
Opening Act

« Reply #910 on: December 07, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »

Down to number 11 from 2 in UK album chart
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml
Down to number 10 in Ireland album charts
http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp#albums
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #911 on: December 07, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »

I really don?t care if Chinese Democracy is number 1 or not because for me is wonderful and I enjoy it. I believe that Axl doesn?t care either.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #912 on: December 07, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »

Kanye West has dropped to No.40!!!
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #913 on: December 07, 2008, 02:57:28 PM »

Not true. Appetite was in a worse situation (I know, I know...different circumstances). 2 Kid Rock releases have been resurrected by late singles releases.

Bottom line: someone needs to push this thing.

Huh?

1) It is true that it's hard to get an album back up once it's dropped back. I can't see how you could dispute that.
2) I acknowledged that they would need a smash single to do so, so you're basically agreeing with what i said by way of the Kid Rock example.
3) The AFD example is totally irrelevant.
4) Yep. A BIG push...
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #914 on: December 07, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »

Kanye West has dropped to No.40!!!

That's a spectacular drop. He fell there from where CD is this week.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #915 on: December 07, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »

Kanye dropped to number 2 in the US

Rap isn't big overseas.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeraldFord
« Reply #916 on: December 07, 2008, 04:15:35 PM »

Will GN'R be in the top 20 next week?

You know Chinese Democracy could manage to stick around the top 200 for a while...if "Better" takes off, etc.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #917 on: December 07, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »

Hits Daily Double Rumor Mill...

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 CHART PREVIEW

#4 Kanye West (Roc-a-Fella/IDJ), 150-160k

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #918 on: December 07, 2008, 05:04:41 PM »

Rap isn't big overseas.

Not entirely true. In New Zealand it sells like hotcakes.
Incidentally, Chi-Dem sold better in New Zealand than most places too.

Also, Jay-Z did headline Glastonbury this year.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 05:36:24 PM by demo23nz » Logged
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #919 on: December 07, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »

As a side note, the hostility some people on this thread have shown towards Kanye, Metallica, the Killers, AC/DC etc. is ridiculous...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: