Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 446266 times)
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #820 on: December 04, 2008, 10:38:45 PM »

your lucky. Im still hearing CD consistently but not Better. I dont get it

Better was not offically added until two days ago. It has to be heard by more and more people, so more and more people will request it. 

---

G'NR is #1 on the euro charts. That's a dang good accomplishment.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #821 on: December 04, 2008, 10:41:47 PM »

your lucky. Im still hearing CD consistently but not Better. I dont get it

Better was not offically added until two days ago. It has to be heard by more and more people, so more and more people will request it. 

107.5 started playing it the same day GnR put it up on the website/myspace, right before the album was released.

G'NR is #1 on the euro charts. That's a dang good accomplishment.

beer
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #822 on: December 04, 2008, 11:24:48 PM »

This is an unprecedented situation and no one honestly knows what the fuck is going to happen...

I would hazard to guess that MOST American band albums that "stumble out of the gate" in the US don't simultaneously tear it up internationally like this album has.

Second- ALMOST ALL albums have the active participation of the primary band members in the marketing efforts. This one does not thus far. That could STILL change on any day.

Third- most bands don't take 17 years off between releases and don't change 90% of the band membership.

Finally, give "Better" a few more weeks... and let's not forget that "This I Love"- a song highly evocative of the original band's sound- is STILL in the chamber.

This album will post respectable US numbers when all is said and done IMHO... Somehow. Someway.

Anyway... #1 in Europe is a phenomenal accomplishment. Congratulations to Axl and the boys! beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
luis-III
Opening Act

« Reply #823 on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:23 AM »

This is an unprecedented situation and no one honestly knows what the fuck is going to happen...

I would hazard to guess that MOST American band albums that "stumble out of the gate" in the US don't simultaneously tear it up internationally like this album has.

Second- ALMOST ALL albums have the active participation of the primary band members in the marketing efforts. This one does not thus far. That could STILL change on any day.

Third- most bands don't take 17 years off between releases and don't change 90% of the band membership.

Finally, give "Better" a few more weeks... and let's not forget that "This I Love"- a song highly evocative of the original band's sound- is STILL in the chamber.

This album will post respectable US numbers when all is said and done IMHO... Somehow. Someway.

Anyway... #1 in Europe is a phenomenal accomplishment. Congratulations to Axl and the boys! beer

Without promotion and only available in 1000 stores is 3 in USA .... it's wonderful!!!!   Shocked Grin
R.B. Huckleberry
Opening Act

« Reply #824 on: December 05, 2008, 12:10:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of us are still wondering how successful a wider spread release would have been.

I'm betting 2nd week sales numbers are pretty damn close to 1st week.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #825 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:34 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of us are still wondering how successful a wider spread release would have been.

actually, here's what will happen... sales numbers will go up.  if 260,000 people bought hte cd, then i think a conservative estimate would be that 200,00-225,000 absoultely loved it and will tell their friends/family to buy it.  it each of them can convince just two people out of everyone they know, then cd's numbers could almost double.  plus you also have to factor in the people who hear better as the new single and pick it up on thier own.  i think cd will be the gift that keeps on giving for best buy and the record company all year.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #826 on: December 05, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »

Barring a SCOM/WTTJ or PC type single then 250,000 was GnR's high week for the album. Hopefully they can continue to sell 30,000 or so a week for the build to platinum.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #827 on: December 05, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »

actually, here's what will happen... sales numbers will go up.  if 260,000 people bought hte cd, then i think a conservative estimate would be that 200,00-225,000 absoultely loved it and will tell their friends/family to buy it.  it each of them can convince just two people out of everyone they know, then cd's numbers could almost double.  plus you also have to factor in the people who hear better as the new single and pick it up on thier own.  i think cd will be the gift that keeps on giving for best buy and the record company all year.

No way will they go up.  A good comparison is a popular movie.  No matter how good it is, and how good the word of mouth is, the numbers almost always decrease.  It's the amount that it decreases that really tells the story.  If it holds steady, that's good. 

I think it'll be in the 150-200 range.  And that would be ok.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #828 on: December 05, 2008, 01:52:26 AM »

A little far-fetched... I think they will be looking at the 100,000 range or less (usually albums drop 50-70% in week 2), but who knows the impact holiday shopping will have.  Actually, who knows if holiday shopping even exists with this economy.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #829 on: December 05, 2008, 03:38:22 AM »

The Better single could have an impact on week two sales also. It was only officially released on the 2nd 9 days after the album came out.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #830 on: December 05, 2008, 03:50:54 AM »

The Better single could have an impact on week two sales also. It was only officially released on the 2nd 9 days after the album came out.
who knows thaT BETTER IS REALISED?Huh
nobody
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #831 on: December 05, 2008, 03:55:05 AM »

Top Internet Album

Guns N' Roses- Chinese Democracy

#1 internet album
#1 rock album
#3 album in the country

Without even trying!

Considering the musical and economic climate, GnR come out winners. 

But I have to say that I hate album charts.  Why music has to be about competition and sales numbers is beyond me. Huh  I like how Axl is making all the fuckin suits sweat it out now, ok fuck em.

Hell yeah man, true words! Axl is the last true rockstar! smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
variant
Headliner

« Reply #832 on: December 05, 2008, 04:37:57 AM »

who knows thaT BETTER IS REALISED?
nobody

I can't speak for the US but it definitely has been released to radio in the UK. Sara Cox played it on Radio 1 yesterday and made a big thing of it being the new single.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #833 on: December 05, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »

A few things have me worried about second week sales. Think about it like this; week one sales only totally 260k and that was with the busiest shopping day of the year included and the album was available at the biggest electronics store in America. Plus all the multiple buys from hardcore fans won't be there from here out either.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #834 on: December 05, 2008, 08:38:02 AM »

Sold mnore world wide than the more promoted Ac/DC album... platinum for xmas ?

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #835 on: December 05, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »

I wouldn't worry about the cd sales. That will pick up in a few weeks. I predict they will be more sales after the new year. There's allot of other things going on in the world that people are worried about. So taking that into consideration may also be a factor. Anyway we all know it's a masterpiece because we're in the front row seats as far as fans of G&R.
Remember what happen to Def Leppard and their Hysteria album. When it first came out their first single was Woman and it flopped. They weren't moving enough units and were worried that they flopped. Than out of no where Pour Some Sugar On Me takes off and the sales of the album when ballistic. (So do we need to compare C.Democracy with Hysteria?Huh) Hysteria was an alright album and it did well. So I can only imagine what C.Democracy is going to do since this cd is about 20 levels better than Hysteria.............Patience G&R Fans...........let the magic of the cd do it's thing........................... smoking
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #836 on: December 05, 2008, 09:32:30 AM »

http://www.zpav.pl/?lang=en

^ Chinese officialy Nr 1 of all albums sales here in Poland  beer

http://www.zpav.pl/plyty.asp?page=zlote&lang=en

^ and officialy beeing awarded Golden Award on the 3rd of December. Hope platinium is just around the corner with those sales  ok

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
ShacklerSlash
Opening Act

« Reply #837 on: December 05, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »

Given that it also sold 70K in the first week the total in week one if you include the previous Saturday is around 710K
ACDC sold 1.7 million in its opening week according to the same site, with Metallica selling 815 K its first week.
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #838 on: December 05, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »

WOWWWWWWWW!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #839 on: December 05, 2008, 10:10:25 AM »

WOWWWWWWWW!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!
VERY
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: