Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:33:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 443993 times)
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »

Yeh CD should out last most albums in that chart. I genuinely believe that the UK is unaware CD is out!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »

I didn't know about the killers prior to looking at all the charts where their name appear either above GNR or close to it... So I checked them out expecting something superb..... sadly it's not.  Sad Why is it that this band is selling so much ?

It's obviously because there are a lot of people that like their music.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml

No.2 In the UK second to the killers.

I didn't know about the killers prior to looking at all the charts where their name appear either above GNR or close to it... So I checked them out expecting something superb..... sadly it's not.  Sad Why is it that this band is selling so much ?

Killers have lost their way (if they ever knew which direction they were going). They are tediously boring compared to CD, the only reason they are No.1 is Human is being constantly blasted across the airways!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »

My only honest question is why the band posted Myspace bulletins claiming "chart domination" when things aren't looking that way.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »

CD placed at NUMERO UNO up here in Canada. I think that's pretty good right?  Huh
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #425 on: November 30, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »

My only honest question is why the band posted Myspace bulletins claiming "chart domination" when things aren't looking that way.

they're being optimistic.

although they did dominate on itunes and coming in #2 isn't necessarily bad.

CD placed at NUMERO UNO up here in Canada. I think that's pretty good right?  Huh

Fuck yea
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #426 on: November 30, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »

Could be much worse..  2nd is good.

And its also possible that they can surpass the Killers in the next few weeks.   It'll be interesting to see where this stands around new years.

the silver medal is still a high honor.  and doesn't axl like the killers?  so is it possible that he just let them have the number one spot to show support and encouragement?  because honestly, it doesn't make a bit of sense to me that the most anticipated album of all time could come out and NOT be number one.  even though i'm thrilled by number two because that means that of all the music released in the world, cd is still more popular than all but one record.  that's nothing to sneeze at.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #427 on: November 30, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »

Could be much worse..  2nd is good.

And its also possible that they can surpass the Killers in the next few weeks.   It'll be interesting to see where this stands around new years.

the silver medal is still a high honor.  and doesn't axl like the killers?  so is it possible that he just let them have the number one spot to show support and encouragement?  because honestly, it doesn't make a bit of sense to me that the most anticipated album of all time could come out and NOT be number one.  even though i'm thrilled by number two because that means that of all the music released in the world, cd is still more popular than all but one record.  that's nothing to sneeze at.

Its the UK, they have funny tastes Smiley  (j/k)

but Axl doesnt' have any control over the charts, all he can do is release music.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #428 on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »

Uh, Axl wouldn't let them have a spot cause he likes him hihi

CD is a great album regardless of what it sells. It is a throwback album though so that may stop it from selling a lot of copies.

CD is an album of songs. It isn't really a "singles" album though but then again, GNR have never been a singles band. Only problem is, 2008 is all about the single.

I just hope GNR have a single "This I Love" that can crossover and make people by a GNR cd that normally wouldn't.

I hate to say it, but for this to sell, GNR have to release a song for the soccer moms. This I Love is that song.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2008, 02:13:30 PM »

I'd really like to know how many copies this album has roughly sold in worldwide figures.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »

CD is a great album regardless of what it sells. It is a throwback album though so that may stop it from selling a lot of copies.

CD is an album of songs. It isn't really a "singles" album though but then again, GNR have never been a singles band. Only problem is, 2008 is all about the single.

I just hope GNR have a single "This I Love" that can crossover and make people by a GNR cd that normally wouldn't.

Actually I think most of the songs are single material, but I think If The World also could have that crossover effect.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

Lets say CD sells 300k first week in the US

That would make it, barring a HUGE breakout single, on pace to probably sell 1.2 million or so

which would normally put it around 5 to 6 million worldwide.

definitely good.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »

Lets say CD sells 300k first week in the US

That would make it, barring a HUGE breakout single, on pace to probably sell 1.2 million or so

which would normally put it around 5 to 6 million worldwide.

definitely good.

Plus they were nice enough to stream the entire thing on myspace and i'm sure some decided it wasnt' their cup of tea and didn't buy it.

This day and age, the album is actually selling well.   The economy is in the shitter and anyone with half a brain and an internet connection can have the album for free if they want it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »

Actually I think most of the songs are single material, but I think If The World also could have that crossover effect.

Yeah, I agree on If The World. I think that should've been a single yesterday.

I am trying to not view them as a GNR diehard and I am trying to figure out what Joe and Jill non GNR fan would really connect to as a single.

This I Love definitely, Sorry has great potential also.

A lot is riding On "Better" though for sure. It could really make or break the album.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #434 on: November 30, 2008, 02:17:29 PM »

If they had to release 3 more singles, I'd pick If The World, This I Love, and Shacklers
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »

These days, a million is like selling 3 million, 2 is like selling 5, 3 is like selling 7 and doing like Nickelback did and selling 7 million would be like selling 12 back years ago before downloading.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2008, 02:18:44 PM »

If they had to release 3 more singles, I'd pick If The World, This I Love, and Shacklers

I agree on If The World and This I Love. I thought Shackler's would've been a great opening single

I think a dark horse Single that could have big potential also is Prostitute.

western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »

I don't think Prostitute would cross-over well with the mainstream. I think Better will be more successful than the original single, but I think the really big single will be This I Love.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
rube
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7757618.stm

#2 to the Killers in the UK

Las Vegas rock group The Killers have scored their third number one album in the UK with Day & Age, beating Guns N' Roses heavily-anticipated new album.

Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy, rumoured to be the most expensive album ever recorded, landed at number two.

Changing peoples' lives to be more like mine.
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2008, 03:10:25 PM »

I've palyed "This I Love" for a few girls. They hated it. said it sounded like nails on a chalkboard when he screams. I have to agree with that. There are really no cross over singles on this album. You need a catchy chourus or hook and they all lack that. I think "Better" is there best bet for a crossover or maybe "Street of Dreams". I would have to say though 300,000 to 400,000 copies in this day and age is pretty fucking impressive.  

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: