Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:49:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 443413 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #400 on: November 30, 2008, 04:18:50 AM »

When will we have first official sales figures for US and Int'l ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #401 on: November 30, 2008, 06:23:30 AM »

releasing the CD exclusive to best buy will minimize sales across the board. Wal-mart sells everything so I could go in there to pick up some milk and walk out with the new Ac/Dc CD. Not to mention it's down every aisle. I think I saw it in the tampon aisle. I know my brother doesn't have a best buy near him so he's listening to it on Myspace which still has the whole CD up. I would imagine many old GnR fans who are skeptical about the CD wouldn't make a trek to a Best Buy just to pick it up but if they saw it in their daily travels may buy it after holding it in their hands. I think the fact that Axl has been non existent may also lead people to believe it's just not a good product. If the man who took 17 years to create it hasn't had any thing to say about it how good can it be.

I don't think Axl not speaking publicly has anything to do with him not believing in the music.  Why would he spend this long on the music if he didn't believe in it?  

All it says to me is that Axl doesn't like to do press and/or wants the record to speak for itself.

Ali

I think it goes back to what Bach has said--Axl doesn't care about being a star anymore. He likes to make music and put on shows. I think you could spin this aspect of Axl pretty well, but the wrong people end up letting it go like he got weird, he got reclusive etc. If Kurt Cobain had done this (instead of what he did) we'd only hear about his integrity, how he turned away from a false lifestyle to create art etc.
It annoys me when people like Reznor or Hetfield get their shots in on Axl--"oh the whims of a star" etc as if he'd spent the last decade mugging for the camera, doing magazine covers, interviews, videos etc like them. Axl can do whatever he wants. I think obviously sales would be better if he were performing and doing press--how could his charisma and talent not have a positive impact? But this is his record, not ours.
aba22uk
Opening Act

« Reply #402 on: November 30, 2008, 08:18:26 AM »

just been listening to kerrang radio. they were discussing what will be number one Guns n' Roses or the killers in the uk album chart tonight. apparantly gnr sold more in first fews days but the killers over the week has sold loads more - not even a close battle.  even tho chinese democracy likely to sold 100,000-130,000 this week in UK. Killers r set to be number one and they saying GNR wont even come in at number 2.
so get out there and buy it....
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #403 on: November 30, 2008, 08:51:17 AM »

D-oh
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #404 on: November 30, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »

just been listening to kerrang radio. they were discussing what will be number one Guns n' Roses or the killers in the uk album chart tonight. apparantly gnr sold more in first fews days but the killers over the week has sold loads more - not even a close battle.  even tho chinese democracy likely to sold 100,000-130,000 this week in UK. Killers r set to be number one and they saying GNR wont even come in at number 2.

I don't think fan-forum members are the ones who didn't buy it already.  Roll Eyes

And there goes the challenger...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2008, 09:07:11 AM »

130000 in UK is great result
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #406 on: November 30, 2008, 09:10:05 AM »

That's a shame.

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »

I think most of you guys are wrong.
300 k in USA in first (without music promotion) is a great score.
You can n ot compare guns n roses and metallica or acd!!!!
why?
gnr didn't do anything since 1993.
gnr and axl rose had a really bad reputions in last years??
in the end gnr and Axl will win this battle.

I'm sure,axl and gnr great music will win,and album will have great saled in next year (when people hear chinese democracy)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #408 on: November 30, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »

The only christmas presents I'm buying this year is Chinese Democracy for everyone  beer
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #409 on: November 30, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »

releasing the CD exclusive to best buy will minimize sales across the board. Wal-mart sells everything so I could go in there to pick up some milk and walk out with the new Ac/Dc CD. Not to mention it's down every aisle. I think I saw it in the tampon aisle. I know my brother doesn't have a best buy near him so he's listening to it on Myspace which still has the whole CD up. I would imagine many old GnR fans who are skeptical about the CD wouldn't make a trek to a Best Buy just to pick it up but if they saw it in their daily travels may buy it after holding it in their hands. I think the fact that Axl has been non existent may also lead people to believe it's just not a good product. If the man who took 17 years to create it hasn't had any thing to say about it how good can it be.

I don't think Axl not speaking publicly has anything to do with him not believing in the music.  Why would he spend this long on the music if he didn't believe in it?  

All it says to me is that Axl doesn't like to do press and/or wants the record to speak for itself.

Ali

I'm not saying he doesn't believe in his music but that may be the perception for OLD GnR fans who gave up on him years ago.

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
m_a_r_t_i_n
Opening Act

....Loaded like a freight train....

« Reply #410 on: November 30, 2008, 12:34:26 PM »

The Killers have only beaten GnR this week as UK rado has been playing their Human track for the last month. It's a safe song, safe for all the pop music stations. On the contrary I haven't heard any of the new GnR tracks being played at all.
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #411 on: November 30, 2008, 12:37:58 PM »

When will we have first official sales figures for US and Int'l ?

U.S. Sales figures officially come in about tuesday-wednesday. Billboard posts the album charts ever wednesdays, and the singles chart about every thursday.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #412 on: November 30, 2008, 12:51:12 PM »

Ali

But the music business doesn't function this way. Even Axl knows that. For a second, I cannot believe Gould/Azoff thought a myspace stream, knockdown display buried in BB, a few billboards, a very few commercials, and word of mouth were enough to get people to the stores.

They are very smart business lawyers and I fully expect we will all feel this push soon enough. Why am I so confident?

Because so many adept businessmen could not possibly have been so arrogant to believe that this promotion was enough. It simply is not reality in the music biz.

There are rumors of a video/tour in the coming months. If true, these actions could be the tip of the monumental campaign management alluded to. I am fully content losing the first week to Kanye if we outsell him, the Killers, Weiland, and Metallica in the long run.

All I can muster right now is, just have a bit more patience. Something must be coming.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #413 on: November 30, 2008, 01:28:43 PM »

Ali

But the music business doesn't function this way. Even Axl knows that. For a second, I cannot believe Gould/Azoff thought a myspace stream, knockdown display buried in BB, a few billboards, a very few commercials, and word of mouth were enough to get people to the stores.

They are very smart business lawyers and I fully expect we will all feel this push soon enough. Why am I so confident?

Because so many adept businessmen could not possibly have been so arrogant to believe that this promotion was enough. It simply is not reality in the music biz.

There are rumors of a video/tour in the coming months. If true, these actions could be the tip of the monumental campaign management alluded to. I am fully content losing the first week to Kanye if we outsell him, the Killers, Weiland, and Metallica in the long run.

All I can muster right now is, just have a bit more patience. Something must be coming.

I don't think it's a good idea to be silent, from a promotional standpoint.  But, I think based on what he said about 9 years ago to RS, it's what he wants to do.

Ali
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #414 on: November 30, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »

The album is likely going to debut on nr. 2 here in Germany

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #415 on: November 30, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »

This leaves GNR in a very tough position. Axl cannot find a way to position this band as a forward thinking act without some type of face to put on the product. He has pushed the envelope in the past by bringing out explosive diverse opening acts (NIN and Faith No More) but with the rock scene today where it is, NO band looking for artisitic credibility is going to jump on an Axl Rose tour. The band does not exist to the majority or people in the world, it's Axl Rose and some other guys. Axl needs to get his shit together, get the band together and show people today what rock music is supposed to sound and look like. If he can't do that then get Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt on the phone and get this shit going again...the public will never forget the past unless they're presented with the future.

Axl Rose has far too much integrity to pull some bullshit like that.

Maybe his uncompromising art is more important than pleasing a few douchebags who are stuck in 1988.    Seriously, the reunion nonsense needs to stop.  Guns N' Roses just released what might be their greatest album ever, Axl doesn't need those other guys.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »

This is heading in a very typical direction.

The album's been out for a week and what do some of you try to focus on?

How surprising.

Go play in the Dead Horse section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml

No.2 In the UK second to the killers.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »

Could be much worse..  2nd is good.

And its also possible that they can surpass the Killers in the next few weeks.   It'll be interesting to see where this stands around new years.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2008, 01:47:24 PM »

I didn't know about the killers prior to looking at all the charts where their name appear either above GNR or close to it... So I checked them out expecting something superb..... sadly it's not.  Sad Why is it that this band is selling so much ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: