Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 443422 times)
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »

At Best Buy today the album was on the Billbord self. It was at Number 6 on the billbord self.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #381 on: November 28, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »

At Best Buy today the album was on the Billbord self. It was at Number 6 on the billbord self.

What is the Billboard shelf?
uzisuicide2002
VIP

« Reply #382 on: November 28, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »

The Billboard Shelf is what it is. Its next to where the employees have there album picks.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
uzisuicide2002
VIP

« Reply #383 on: November 28, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »

Funny its number 6 at best buy. But its not on the billboard site Undecided

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #384 on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »

Chinese Democracy has entered the Irish charts at number 3 for the week ending 27 November, the killers new album was at number 1

Ireland - 3

And The Priests are at No. 2. That's 3 real priests singing hymns, nothing like Judas Priest. Only in Ireland Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLhxMUXqI7s
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:35:55 PM by gcluskey » Logged

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #385 on: November 29, 2008, 10:15:52 PM »

#1 in Japan (foreign artists charts)

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/wa/

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #386 on: November 29, 2008, 11:21:26 PM »

Will never happen, because hip-hop continues to innovate and work hard at their craft.  Until rock comes back and starts pumping out quality shit, hip-hop will remain king...

there is not a single quality product produced from hip hop since the days of Dre and 2pac..

this shit blows.. its mtv fed trash..

And rock music is SO innovative and strong right now, it's just being screwed over by MTV who only play trash.    Cry

Shinedown.. A hell of a band.

Raps Greatest Guitar Solo to date.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJrGn-U0650&feature=related
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:27:24 PM by Brody » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #387 on: November 30, 2008, 12:32:41 AM »

Come on guys... rack your brains and think of any body that you might have to buy a Christmas/Holiday present for... and if there's even a remote possibility that that person would want Chinese Democracy (i.e. you have to buy a present for your uncle named "Alexander" which kind of sounds like "Axl" Tongue)... BUY IT FOR THEM! Easiest shopping season ever. hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Death Cube K
« Reply #388 on: November 30, 2008, 12:42:47 AM »

If Axl did an interview or two or the band did a few apperances it would spark sales and chart listings. Instead it's all very quiet. Very strange marketing trick....to just not be around for the release.  ok
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: November 30, 2008, 01:04:30 AM »

Barring a miracle both AC/DC and Metallica will have higher opening week sales than Chinese Democracy which I still can't believe. If somebody told me that these two bands would do that I would have told them that they are crazy and I would have asked them if they would want to bet on that. God, what the hell is going on here!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #390 on: November 30, 2008, 01:24:53 AM »

This album wasn't pushed like Metallica and AC/DC were. The band has been out of the public eye for so long. They needed to be reintroduced to the public, and they weren't. There should have been interviews and appearances, and there weren't.

It's almost like the band, the label, and Best Buy didn't give a shit about it.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: November 30, 2008, 01:28:16 AM »

This album wasn't pushed like Metallica and AC/DC were. The band has been out of the public eye for so long. They needed to be reintroduced to the public, and they weren't. There should have been interviews and appearances, and there weren't.

There was a rumour of some animosity between Axl and the management team.   Perhaps there is an element of truth there?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #392 on: November 30, 2008, 01:30:29 AM »

Honestly, take the single off the radio and it could've been the walk in the record store one day and there it is strategy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #393 on: November 30, 2008, 01:30:38 AM »

releasing the CD exclusive to best buy will minimize sales across the board. Wal-mart sells everything so I could go in there to pick up some milk and walk out with the new Ac/Dc CD. Not to mention it's down every aisle. I think I saw it in the tampon aisle. I know my brother doesn't have a best buy near him so he's listening to it on Myspace which still has the whole CD up. I would imagine many old GnR fans who are skeptical about the CD wouldn't make a trek to a Best Buy just to pick it up but if they saw it in their daily travels may buy it after holding it in their hands. I think the fact that Axl has been non existent may also lead people to believe it's just not a good product. If the man who took 17 years to create it hasn't had any thing to say about it how good can it be.

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #394 on: November 30, 2008, 01:46:39 AM »

I mostly agree (although I'm not quite ready to declare that the interested parties "didn't give a shit about it"). It's a "perfect" storm actually whereby: (1) the band has been out of the public eye (for the most part) since 1994 ("Sympathy For The Devil"); (2) the band line-up (aside from the singer and first keyboardist) has been completely changed; (3) the current band line-up is a mystery (particularly at the all important lead guitarist and drummer positions); and (4) there just are a certain group of people out there who have been lying in wait all this time (e.g. Jon Pareles) to carve Axl up (not b/c of the music- but b/c they object to the way he conducts his business).

The AC/DC and Metallica albums were "feel good" nostalgia trips brought to the listener by well-established line-ups. Guns N' Roses ca. 2008, though a far superior music product IMHO (not even close), is NONE of that. It's more of a mysterious sound coming out of a mad scientist's laboratory and the general public is not really sure at all what to make of it on their own... they need some help.

Even if the current line-up is unsettled- it would be great if they could just send Axl and Tommy Stinson out on some kind of low-intensity promotional tour (radio stations, music mags, etc.) to provide some "guidance" to the general public and ignite some interest. The "Big Foot" factor can only bring in a certain level of sales... that's just fact.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #395 on: November 30, 2008, 01:47:19 AM »

releasing the CD exclusive to best buy will minimize sales across the board. Wal-mart sells everything so I could go in there to pick up some milk and walk out with the new Ac/Dc CD. Not to mention it's down every aisle. I think I saw it in the tampon aisle. I know my brother doesn't have a best buy near him so he's listening to it on Myspace which still has the whole CD up. I would imagine many old GnR fans who are skeptical about the CD wouldn't make a trek to a Best Buy just to pick it up but if they saw it in their daily travels may buy it after holding it in their hands. I think the fact that Axl has been non existent may also lead people to believe it's just not a good product. If the man who took 17 years to create it hasn't had any thing to say about it how good can it be.

I don't think Axl not speaking publicly has anything to do with him not believing in the music.  Why would he spend this long on the music if he didn't believe in it?  

All it says to me is that Axl doesn't like to do press and/or wants the record to speak for itself.

Ali
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #396 on: November 30, 2008, 01:54:58 AM »

Rock music in America is dead.

...thats the biggest problem right now. Look back to the early 90's when alt-rock was THE thing. Hip-hop/Top 40 was really down in the ditch and bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, STP, Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins and Alice In Chains were what everyone was listening to. Even Top 40 had crossed over to the Alt-Rock scene then...you could turn on any Top 40 station in 1994 and hear "Closer" from NIN, "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden, and "Tonight Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins. Now what do you hear on Top 40...POP POP POP...Hip-Hop, and the faux-rock Daughty, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down etc.

There are NO more rock stars. There are no Axl Rose's, Billy Corgan's, Kurt Cobain's, or Eddie Vedder's in todays group of "rock" bands. Rock music itself has branched off into a few different genres now. You have the deliciously cheesy and derived work of 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Daughty, Kid Rock, etc. or the left over nu-metal garbage like Seether, Shinedown, etc. American Idol has even jumped on the bandwagon producing "rock stars"...which David Cook and Daughty in their own right are stars, but they're as safe and bland as my grandma.

This leaves GNR in a very tough position. Axl cannot find a way to position this band as a forward thinking act without some type of face to put on the product. He has pushed the envelope in the past by bringing out explosive diverse opening acts (NIN and Faith No More) but with the rock scene today where it is, NO band looking for artisitic credibility is going to jump on an Axl Rose tour. The band does not exist to the majority or people in the world, it's Axl Rose and some other guys. Axl needs to get his shit together, get the band together and show people today what rock music is supposed to sound and look like. If he can't do that then get Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt on the phone and get this shit going again...the public will never forget the past unless they're presented with the future.
makane
Legend

« Reply #397 on: November 30, 2008, 03:30:39 AM »

This leaves GNR in a very tough position. Axl cannot find a way to position this band as a forward thinking act without some type of face to put on the product. He has pushed the envelope in the past by bringing out explosive diverse opening acts (NIN and Faith No More) but with the rock scene today where it is, NO band looking for artisitic credibility is going to jump on an Axl Rose tour. The band does not exist to the majority or people in the world, it's Axl Rose and some other guys. Axl needs to get his shit together, get the band together and show people today what rock music is supposed to sound and look like. If he can't do that then get Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt on the phone and get this shit going again...the public will never forget the past unless they're presented with the future.

I agree. They had a great spot to introduce the new band when CD came, but instead they did nothing. The booklet would've been great for this, but they decided to make a joke out of it.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #398 on: November 30, 2008, 03:37:35 AM »

Rock music in America is dead.

...thats the biggest problem right now. Look back to the early 90's when alt-rock was THE thing. Hip-hop/Top 40 was really down in the ditch and bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, STP, Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins and Alice In Chains were what everyone was listening to. Even Top 40 had crossed over to the Alt-Rock scene then...you could turn on any Top 40 station in 1994 and hear "Closer" from NIN, "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden, and "Tonight Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins. Now what do you hear on Top 40...POP POP POP...Hip-Hop, and the faux-rock Daughty, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down etc.

There are NO more rock stars. There are no Axl Rose's, Billy Corgan's, Kurt Cobain's, or Eddie Vedder's in todays group of "rock" bands. Rock music itself has branched off into a few different genres now. You have the deliciously cheesy and derived work of 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Daughty, Kid Rock, etc. or the left over nu-metal garbage like Seether, Shinedown, etc. American Idol has even jumped on the bandwagon producing "rock stars"...which David Cook and Daughty in their own right are stars, but they're as safe and bland as my grandma.

I hardly call seether shinedown nu-metal.. have you ever seen either of these two acts live? rock may be dead to you but thats just your opinion.. if you look around its very well alive..
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: November 30, 2008, 04:08:21 AM »

Rock isnt relevant in the mainstream right now, but there will always be good rock bands.  Maybe not important, cutting edge, or popular, but good none-the-less.   It is sad to think that the two greatest hard rock albums out right now(Chinese Democracy and Death Magnetic) are from bands that started over 20 years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: