Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 444919 times)
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2008, 01:50:25 PM »

Chinese Democracy back to US #1 on iTunes, uptop Kanye's 808!

well... no, it just revised again back to #4...

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »

not sure if this is physical CDs or Itunes but................

Guns N' Roses Loses Day One in the UK Chart Battle

By Newsferatu, Writer
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 @ 7:09 AM

From Musicweek.com:

The Killers have taken the lead in the competition to top this week?s albums chart, with their Day And Age (Vertigo) outselling Guns N' Roses long-awaited new album Chinese Democracy (Polydor) by around 20,000 copies, in what is likely to be one of the biggest chart battles of the year.

In its first day of sale Day And Age sold 70,764 copies to Chinese Democracy?s 50,791, according to midweek sales figures that see five new entries in the top ten.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »

not sure if this is physical CDs or Itunes but................

Guns N' Roses Loses Day One in the UK Chart Battle

By Newsferatu, Writer
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 @ 7:09 AM

From Musicweek.com:

The Killers have taken the lead in the competition to top this week’s albums chart, with their Day And Age (Vertigo) outselling Guns N' Roses long-awaited new album Chinese Democracy (Polydor) by around 20,000 copies, in what is likely to be one of the biggest chart battles of the year.

In its first day of sale Day And Age sold 70,764 copies to Chinese Democracy’s 50,791, according to midweek sales figures that see five new entries in the top ten.

very sad indeed. this is the result of the killers doing more promo, unfortuately, the guns camp don' realise this yet

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »

Isn't that somewhat of a let down?

I think 500k would be o.k.  Not great at all, but all things considered o.k.

If it is closer to 300k, then I would seriously worry about the future of this incarnation of the band.  I hope it isn't the case that this record has to sell a certain amount for the other recorded material to come out, but who knows.

Then again this is just a prediction, and one that Hits admits is a crapshoot given Black Friday and the initial release on a Sunday.

Ali

I don't give a fuck about the record sales, and either does Axl IMO. I am just so thankful we have just purchased the best fucking album of all-time, yeah, that's right...the best fucking album of all time. i can give a fuck about reviews, critics, sales and either does Axl. It's all about the music and it is fucking bone-chilling!
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »

Do those numbers account for all the pre-sales? 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:30 PM »

The only concern I have over sales is the more that is sold, the more clout Axl has with the label to have total control over what he puts out with the next album. And I'd like him to take over the world again !

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2008, 03:24:35 PM »

If they are in the 500 - 300k range, I'd say Kanye's a lock for #1.

I don't think thkat Kanye is going to do as well as everyone seems to think.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »

I bet CD gets a bump on Friday, the historically biggest shopping day of the year in the US.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2008, 03:54:15 PM »

I bet CD gets a bump on Friday, the historically biggest shopping day of the year in the US.

But so will every other album.  I don't think that helps GNR in a chart battle.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »

Yes it will because compared to the other bands GnR has done very little promotion

example Killers Nov 24th on The tonight show

18 Jimmy Kemmel

Plus videos ect.

Remeber alot of fans of Gnr will be in there 40's and 50's and even a few in the 60's heck I started listening to them hardcore when I was 12 and I am 29 now.  There will be a lot of GnR fans who will still not even know they have a new CD out. 
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2008, 05:17:37 PM »

And remember that GN'R will be featured prominently in the Best Buy black Friday ad. I still don't understand how a CD at $11.99 is a doorbuster special, especially when it's that price already, but it's additional exposure that should be good. Actually, if Best Buy had better specials this year (Wal-Mart is blowing them away), that'd help as well (more people through the door).
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2008, 06:25:46 PM »

GN'R's label revises the timing of its reporting, so both albums' debuts will be based on seven days of sales.

By Chris Harris

Last week, using information provided by a spokesperson for Guns N' Roses' label, Geffen Records, MTV News reported that first-day sales of the band's long-awaited LP, Chinese Democracy ? which was released as a Best Buy exclusive on Sunday ? would not be released to Nielsen SoundScan until next week.

Seemingly, this would have given Axl Rose and friends an advantage over Kanye West, who released his 808s & Heartbreak on Monday, in the race for Billboard's peak position, as GN'R's first-week figures would include an eighth day of sales ? not seven, as with West's new opus.

However, on Tuesday (November 25), Geffen revised its statement, saying instead that the first-week sales data it will be releasing to SoundScan for Chinese Democracy will be based on sales tallied Sunday through Saturday, whereas West's will be based on sales tallied Monday through Sunday ? which means that both albums' debuts will be based on seven days of sales.

Typically, albums are released in the U.S. on Tuesdays, and SoundScan tracks weekly sales data from Monday through Sunday, meaning that most albums' debut spots on the chart are based on six sales days. But unlike many other retail outlets, Best Buy reports sales figures that were recorded between Sunday and Saturday.

What this ultimately means is that West and Rose will battle it out for the chart's top spot fair and square ? numbers-wise, anyway ? with neither artist having an inside track. If anything, West's latest offering, as well as the Killers' Day & Age and Ludacris' Theater of the Mind (which were all released on Monday), will have an unfair advantage in the sales contest over every album released on Tuesday.

This development comes on the heels of a report released Monday by "Hits Daily Double," which claims Chinese Democracy is on pace to scan anywhere between 300,000 and 500,000 copies that figure also includes a reported 25,000 iTunes downloads.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1600235/20081125/west_kanye.jhtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MR. GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »

What's the difference between the way Guns are going about the release to their album, to the way the Killers and Kanye West are going about their album releases?

Killers and Kanye West have a video/s to back up their single release/s from their albums! Surely im not the only person who thinks thats a huge advantage to Killers and Kanye West..Huh

Guns need to get a music video out there me thinks!!!

Is there even any talk of them even working on a video???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:02:01 PM by MR. GNR » Logged
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2008, 04:38:06 AM »

Is there even any talk of them even working on a video???

Well, in the GN'R world videos are like music, it takes a few years, even decades to make one  Roll Eyes

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2008, 06:51:57 AM »

And remember that GN'R will be featured prominently in the Best Buy black Friday ad. I still don't understand how a CD at $11.99 is a doorbuster special, especially when it's that price already, but it's additional exposure that should be good. Actually, if Best Buy had better specials this year (Wal-Mart is blowing them away), that'd help as well (more people through the door).

I've seen the flyer, AND the secret sales, now, for Best Buy.

They suck.  No two ways about it....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Grizzly
Opening Act

I'm the son of rage and love.

« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2008, 07:07:13 AM »

Debuted at #5 on the norwegian album chart. AC/DC is #4 in its fifth week, some local artists at the top spots.
Zartan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2008, 08:20:52 AM »

I don't give a fuck about the record sales, and either does Axl IMO. I am just so thankful we have just purchased the best fucking album of all-time, yeah, that's right...the best fucking album of all time. i can give a fuck about reviews, critics, sales and either does Axl. It's all about the music and it is fucking bone-chilling!

i couldn't agree more!

"They'd rather sit home and shoot heroin with their bitch wives than tour with us."   - Axl Rose
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »

i found this

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10rockalbums.html

what mean "itunes",i mean in % of whole selling

c'mon Denmark...fall in line like every other country on the list Wink

It's also doing well on the Top 10 albums and not just the Rock Chart
http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html

Mostly #1 and #2 in all the countries listed.

Very impressive!

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2008, 08:58:31 AM »

i couldn't agree more!

Of course Axl cares about record sales. This isn't just his art, this is his career. His life is invested in pulling this off. He wouldn't have signed with the management he did if he didn't care about making this a huge success. Axl is an uncompromising artist, but this is more than just number watching for him. What he can do with his second act is going to be partly determined by how this record does.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Democracy' Tops iTunes Rock Albums Charts Across The Globe - Nov. 26, 2008

According to antiMUSIC, GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy" has topped the iTunes Rock Albums charts across the globe. The long-awaited effort took the lead on the charts in U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. The only odd ball holdout was Norway, where GN'R was No. 2 to TIM CHRISTENSEN's "Superior".

GN'R is currently on top of the overall iTunes album charts in Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Sweden, and Switzerland. In the U.S., they are No. 4 behind releases from KANYE WEST, THE KILLERS and COLDPLAY.

They have been denied the No. 1 by THE KILLERS in the UK, Australia, Norway, Portugal and Spain. In France they are No 2. behind SEAL's new album "Soul". And it's a battle of egos in Canada where KANYE WEST is keeping GN'R from topping the overall iTunes album chart.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109661

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: