Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:55:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 445870 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2000 on: July 16, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »

Just more of a reality check for people who think its somehow going to come back to life on the charts.

I never said it was going to tear up the charts again, but you really dont think a wide release and a tour wont help it sell more weekly than it is now?!

Do you think they will release another album when they start to tour? ha

I think any re-release would have to contain some new songs to see much improvement. A tour might help but we were talking about a re-release with a new cover. Another album of new material would be a totally different story.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2001 on: July 16, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »

Quote from: LunsJail link=topic=54220.msg1194865#msg1194865

I think any re-release would have to contain some new songs to see much improvement. A tour might help but we were talking about a re-release with a new cover. Another album of new material would be a totally different story.

But being able to get it anywhere rather than JUST BB will help expose it to more people...

I'd say hell yeah to a bouns track or DVD or something!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:01:04 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #2002 on: July 16, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »

i would say yeah. im guessing they would fix the lyrics in the booklet also. 37,000 is a fair number i think.

That is an absolutely insane number to expect simply for an alternate cover.
Well GN'R fans are crazy and we should all know that by now!!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #2003 on: July 17, 2009, 01:58:51 AM »

37,000 is a very low number. but thats just a guess from me. theres logic in my guess. i agree, there may not be a re-release , but you never know. i myself would like a booklet with the correct lyrics & proper art that the band wanted in there
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2004 on: July 17, 2009, 02:07:42 AM »

37,000 is a very low number. but thats just a guess from me. theres logic in my guess. i agree, there may not be a re-release , but you never know. i myself would like a booklet with the correct lyrics & proper art that the band wanted in there
Im with you on that one for all the time took to prepare CD I thought at first they would get it right but hell a second try cant hurt!!!!!

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2005 on: July 17, 2009, 03:14:53 AM »

If they re-release it, it would have to come with extra tracks or a DVD for me to even consider buying it. I already paid for Chinese Democracy the day it came out. I'm not too willing to pay for the same product again, with a different cover, about a year later with them saying 'This was the artwork and booklet we meant to use.' As far as I'm concerned it would be total bullshit for that to be the only thing different about a re-release. It's fucking lame and disrespectful to the fans that an inferior 'misprinted' product was released in the first place for us to spend our money on.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2006 on: July 17, 2009, 11:03:09 AM »

If they re-release it, it would have to come with extra tracks or a DVD for me to even consider buying it. I already paid for Chinese Democracy the day it came out. I'm not too willing to pay for the same product again, with a different cover, about a year later with them saying 'This was the artwork and booklet we meant to use.' As far as I'm concerned it would be total bullshit for that to be the only thing different about a re-release. It's fucking lame and disrespectful to the fans that an inferior 'misprinted' product was released in the first place for us to spend our money on.

Agreed. It'd be nice to offer the corrected booklet as a download or something. Although if an alternate cover was released on vinyl, maybe I'd get it to frame with my first one.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2007 on: July 17, 2009, 11:13:39 AM »

I love GNR but one thing I'm not doing is paying $$ for a fuckin corrected CD booklet

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2008 on: July 17, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »

dexter said he'd seen cd as a double disc album.

anyhoo even if just for an alt cover n booklet, i'd get another copy. 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2009 on: July 17, 2009, 12:03:40 PM »

Since there is absolutely nothing wrong with the actual CD cd itself, IMO it would really really be sucky if they re-released it with only the artwork and booklet changes/corrections. (even though I would buy it again anyways)  Undecided

So since there is absolutely nothing wrong with the actual CD cd itself, maybe they would consider re-recording the album with Ron and DJ playing the parts that they'll be playing on tour!!!

This way we already have the cd with Buckethead and Robin playing their stuff and we'll also have a studio version of what we'll hear live from Ron and DJ.  They could use the alt artwork for this second version and give us both a booklet for the original version to correct the lyrics and credits and whatever (but still using the original artwork) PLUS a booklet for the second version with new artwork and reflecting any variations in credits or whatever from the original.

GNR puts out the product as they see fit .......
and there's nothing GNR fans enjoy more than being able to compare (read criticize) old vs new vs live.

It's a win-win solution!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2010 on: July 17, 2009, 02:30:24 PM »

So since there is absolutely nothing wrong with the actual CD cd itself, maybe they would consider re-recording the album with Ron and DJ playing the parts that they'll be playing on tour!!!

So you're saying they should keep on tinkering with the album that took 10 years to record and release in the first place?  Huh

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2011 on: July 17, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »

So you're saying they should keep on tinkering with the album that took 10 years to record and release in the first place?  Huh

No.  That's NOT what I'm saying. 

What I'm saying is that Ron and DJ are/have been rehearsing these songs to play live anyways so instead of making us fans buy the same exact cd just to have a corrected booklet and artwork, let them record and mix it like the way it was done when Buckethead and Robin did it on the final product so that at least we're not paying for the same exact cd and so we can whine about stuff like "Ron played that solo faster than BH did!!!" or "DJ played that with a different guitar than Robin did!!!"  crying  Just like we're gonna whine and compare the way that Ron and DJ do it live as compared to how BH and Robin did it.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2012 on: July 17, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »

Just like we're gonna whine and compare the way that Ron and DJ do it live as compared to how BH and Robin did it.

I'd like to see some tour dates scheduled before worrying about anything like that.

fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #2013 on: July 17, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »

if i wanted any changes to the album, i would want it mixed a little better with deeper bass, but thats just me. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2014 on: July 17, 2009, 05:57:05 PM »

that reminds me! dexter also talked about remixes.  Cheesy
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #2015 on: July 17, 2009, 07:03:54 PM »

good ol' dexter must have a system that hits in his car. unfortunately cd does not with the exception of shacklers revenge. wish it was mixed like the last a7x album. the bass hits so hard on that it rattles your teeth.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2016 on: July 18, 2009, 01:37:03 PM »

No.  That's NOT what I'm saying. 

What I'm saying is that Ron and DJ are/have been rehearsing these songs to play live anyways so instead of making us fans buy the same exact cd just to have a corrected booklet and artwork, let them record and mix it like the way it was done when Buckethead and Robin did it on the final product so that at least we're not paying for the same exact cd and so we can whine about stuff like "Ron played that solo faster than BH did!!!" or "DJ played that with a different guitar than Robin did!!!"  crying  Just like we're gonna whine and compare the way that Ron and DJ do it live as compared to how BH and Robin did it.
That wouldn't be a bad idea actually.  All those people complaining that the band touring and the band on the album not being the same would have less of an argument.  Plus you could do proper videos, promo, band photos that way.  It would make a lot of sense, but I don't see it happening.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2017 on: July 18, 2009, 11:05:34 PM »

good ol' dexter must have a system that hits in his car. unfortunately cd does not with the exception of shacklers revenge. wish it was mixed like the last a7x album. the bass hits so hard on that it rattles your teeth.
I think thats what Axl intended for SR and by the way if you listen to music loud enough it dosent bother you anymore its kind of like with most drugs you grow more addicted to it!!!!!!!

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #2018 on: August 11, 2009, 03:04:17 AM »

good ol' dexter must have a system that hits in his car. unfortunately cd does not with the exception of shacklers revenge.

I agree.  I was very disappointed by this.  So much that I remixed a bunch of the songs myself, adding more bass to give them a harder punch.  The project turned out pretty well.  CD thumps in my SUV.

fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #2019 on: August 11, 2009, 03:06:39 AM »

i would like a copy of that than lord!!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: