Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:16:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 444534 times)
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #1880 on: March 19, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »

Yea dude I got it. It wasn't complex then, and its not now. I just think its kind of dumb, and there are cooler ways to get this across.

edit: And for the record, I take the line as meaning when you are a meth/coke/heroin addict and have some tweaker cunti girlfriend. I can relate personally to this as someone who has used and had a tweaker girlfriend. It was chaos. And the only thing I got done was my place was really really clean.

Grin (My place was really clean......)  rofl
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1881 on: March 19, 2009, 12:13:32 PM »

So let me get this straight. 200 albums have sold better then Chinese Democracy this week. Do I have that right? What the fuck? Either people really don't even know how good this album is or they ... are fucking commies.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1882 on: March 19, 2009, 12:26:50 PM »

So let me get this straight. 200 albums have sold better then Chinese Democracy this week. Do I have that right? What the fuck? Either people really don't even know how good this album is or they ... are fucking commies.

Or they don't go to Best Buy that much.... Especially the rock albums shelf there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1883 on: March 19, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »

Or they don't go to Best Buy that much.... Especially the rock albums shelf there.

/jarmo

Or thank the record company who would rather market and spend time with artist who can't write or sing worth a damn.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1884 on: March 19, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »

Either way, I don't see it having any more to do with communism than with capitalism, buddha.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1885 on: March 20, 2009, 02:02:54 AM »

OR the fact that there has been no tours, videos, or really any promotion of any kind, and the best buy exclusive are responsible actually responsible for these shitty sales. The album is better than anything that is on The billboard 200, but that doesnt really matter if no one has heard about the fuckin thing.  It should make it back on the charts, any type of video or tour should put it there.  Metallica's album has been out 2 months longer and is a far less "broader/crossover audience" type record, it is rather heavy compared to "Chinese" and that is still in the Top 100 and they have been off tour here in the states for over a month now...They just announced they will be putting another single out in the next few weeks...its all about promotion...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1886 on: March 20, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »

OR the fact that there has been no tours, videos, or really any promotion of any kind, and the best buy exclusive are responsible actually responsible for these shitty sales. The album is better than anything that is on The billboard 200, but that doesnt really matter if no one has heard about the fuckin thing.  It should make it back on the charts, any type of video or tour should put it there.  Metallica's album has been out 2 months longer and is a far less "broader/crossover audience" type record, it is rather heavy compared to "Chinese" and that is still in the Top 100 and they have been off tour here in the states for over a month now...They just announced they will be putting another single out in the next few weeks...its all about promotion...

and thats what alot of people on here are still waiting for.
Hopefully when the tour dates are announced (if a tour will happen)
the Better music video release will kick it all of.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1887 on: March 20, 2009, 02:57:44 AM »

and thats what alot of people on here are still waiting for.
Hopefully when the tour dates are announced (if a tour will happen)
the Better music video release will kick it all of.

exactly...the record company dropped the ball on this one so far...but "Chinese" is so damn good and full of great songs, it will have legs and be back on the charts in no time...
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #1888 on: March 20, 2009, 05:23:47 AM »

In this web http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/the-blender/the-blender/2009/03/poll-would-you-buy-tickets-to-a-guns-n-roses-stadium-tour/
people are voting IF WOULD YOU BUY TICKET'S TO A GUNS N' ROSES STADIUM TOUR?.

Now the NO option is winning by a vote. Please vote YES.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1889 on: March 20, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »

Now the NO option is winning by a vote. Please vote YES.

well the YES vote has 43% and the NO vote has 42% now.  Not great stats if your planning on selling out stadiums ha.  mind you its only 529 voters altogether

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #1890 on: March 20, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »

/jarmo

Or thank the record company who would rather market and spend time with artist who can't write or sing worth a damn.

Blame it for inventing Hip-Hop!!!!!  rofl
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1891 on: March 20, 2009, 10:52:23 AM »

/jarmo

how much time of the Best Buy deal is left? Do you know when will the album be available in all music stores in the US?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1892 on: March 20, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »

/jarmo

how much time of the Best Buy deal is left? Do you know when will the album be available in all music stores in the US?

After six moths i ibelieve it is. Thats means the album will be free after 23. may.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1893 on: March 20, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »

/jarmo

After six moths i ibelieve it is. Thats means the album will be free after 23. may.

Thanks.

Maybe the band is waiting to that date to start a decent promotional campaigne, then the tour, the videoclip... that would help sales

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1894 on: April 06, 2009, 04:13:23 AM »

hey, i thought this was worth mentioning.  I went up to my local DVD/music store the other day (extravision in Dublin) and I noticed that there was a bit of a sale on.  They were selling some shitty DVDs like "Van helsing" for really cheap and I noticed that Chinese Democracy was on sale for like 6.99 euro.  Thats about the same price that music stores over here are currently selling appetite for.  Does this mean they're struggling to get rid of it?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1895 on: April 06, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

Does this mean they're struggling to get rid of it?

to get rid of appetite?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1896 on: April 06, 2009, 11:52:45 AM »

no, chinese democracy.  its selling at the same price as appetite even though appetite is out for 22 years, strange.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1897 on: April 06, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »

no, chinese democracy.  its selling at the same price as appetite even though appetite is out for 22 years, strange.

I've seen that happen for several new titles.

They put them on sale after a few months. Either for good or just temporary.

For example here you can get the new Metallica album for half price now....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1898 on: April 06, 2009, 03:05:10 PM »

I've seen that happen for several new titles.

They put them on sale after a few months. Either for good or just temporary.

For example here you can get the new Metallica album for half price now....

/jarmo

After albums are out for a couple months they usually put them on sale, nothing too major.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1899 on: April 06, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »

Best Buy is also just recouping money also since they already own them

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: