Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What a great time this is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What a great time this is.  (Read 6969 times)
justastud79
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 03:19:59 AM »

From an early age (I'm 23) I heard my mom play Appetite in her tape deck in the car. I always loved GNR, but wondered what happened to them. "Oh My God" came out, and I just discovered this thing called the internet. Immediately, I was on the gnronline forum. I thought "Chinese Democracy" would be out soon. Then I went through Middle School waiting. Then they played RIR III and I had new songs, and told everyone how this would be the coolest thing ever. Then I went through High School, and started to think it may never happen. Then I went through College, and at my graduation party we blasted the first leaks(sorry Axl) of IRS, Better, TWAT and CITR, and everyone with me was amazed and excited. Now, two years later, and one summer of the best parties, with ?some songs we got from the internet? playing in the background, the whole thing has come around, I had a friend call me, "Dude, I just heard new GNR on the radio today, fucking kicked my ass." Yes, this is a great time, finally we will get what we waited for, sometimes impatiently...Vindicated.  I had nothing to do with the creation of this album, but I just feel like it has been part of me for this time, Seriously, I would never waste a minute looking at the fan site of any other band, that?d be kinda lame.

Lots of people go to college for seven years
Yeah, they're called doctors
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 03:35:25 AM »

Well, compare it to something else. has your mind ever let you down before?

all the time when it comes to interpersonal relationships with members of the opposite sex, but i dont think CD falls in that category peace

homo homini lupus...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 08:18:51 AM »

Dude, the songs are that good. If they weren't, we would be the biggest critics. I am a huge fan of Star Wars, there was no way Episode 1 wasn't going to be the best things ever. Well, it uh... wasn't. I know what you mean but let the Rolling Stone review be some assurance to what you really do know already. Haven't you had a moment like what fr8train described when he heard TWAT? I don't know why I asked that because of course you have. I think we all have. Its because it is THAT good. Axl made us feel THAT before, and so we know what THAT feeling is like. We never felt THAT during TSI incident so we know he hasn't always given us THAT but, we know that he did here. Felt that a lot over the years.

I can't get over how great the music sounds quality wise. I am basing this solely on the CD single. Its an amazing production. Very high quality, and I can pick up something new every time I listen to it. The possibilities for the rest are exciting as hell.

during my 26 years in life music made me cry 3 times:

1)when the first minute of better leaked and i heard axls voice
2)first time i heard TWAT
3)first time i heard Catcher

So yeah i know what you talking about ok but sometimes i really catch myself wondering, are the songs THAT good or my mind perceives them so?

there's just something about CITR that's so beautiful and powerful, it captures you and doesn't let up or let down. I must say this is the one song i'm most looking forwoard to hearing.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 06:23:53 PM »

Well, compare it to something else. has your mind ever let you down before?

all the time when it comes to interpersonal relationships with members of the opposite sex, but i dont think CD falls in that category peace

Best reply in 2008!!!  rofl hihi Great answer man, me too!!....think harder dude, your mind didn't let you down when you went for it and got it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:07:00 AM by dont_damn_me » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: