Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:32:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What a great time this is.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What a great time this is.  (Read 6992 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: November 11, 2008, 12:02:40 AM »

We will never forget this time. We are Guns N' Roses who are getting rewarded. This reward, with all of its hype and mythos, actually delivered. Think about that. Think about things that can be compared to this. Off the top of my head I think of Coppolla and his Godfather 3. Or my hero Lucas with Episode 1.

But unlike those 2 Axl delivered. Holy fuck. I see things coming to fruition the things I knew deep down. The Rolling Stone review is just the beginning.

I just had a chance to take a step back and really take in the moment. I downloaded the single off itunes and just got to listen to it "proper" like. From the moment of seeing this on itunes and actually getting to buy it, to getting to really hear it right, gave me the biggest smile. Smiling so much my cheeks hurt.

I will never forget this moment. November 2008. I am still really filled with so much pride for America for what they did on the 4th and, I have this same warm feeling for Chinese Democracy now. Just amazing. I imagined the way things would be here when this time came, and I am really excited each day leading up to the 23rd and what the might bring for this very special release. Bill Maher was right, we will be telling our grandchildren about this. I can't wait!

P.S. I just fucking realized that CHinese Democracy will actually be coming out before the new Duke Nukem!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »

Very exciting indeed!

Everyone has a reason to be excited!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 04:46:23 AM »

It is a good time to be alive. i love your post man.
i just ordered from hmv with the 7" single, very excited!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
fr8train
Opening Act

G n f R

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »

Bhudda,
My sentiments exactly.
Axl and this band knocked it out of the park............for sure.

This album will not sound dated at all. Haters will had no matter what they here.

CITR rocks......abit different. Its rocked out for sure riffs etc. Lyrics and vocals still the same and beautiful at that.

I am going out on a whim here but.... Bhudda maybe you remember the MTV rockumentary from 1989/90 and Axl said he wanted the new album (at that time it ended up being UYI 1,2) to "bury appetite" and "I dont want to live my life through that one album"
Well folks.......I wont admit that he did just that with ChiDem but he is coming pretty dam close. A different album for sure but like appetite this album has maybe 1-2 fillers. You cant say that for many albums out there past and present.

Axl thank you, thank you, thank you !!
It's great to see your vision come to fruition.

Thanks for an album that I could just listen through without skipping any tracks !! LOL beer

20+ yrs of R&R
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »

P.S. I just fucking realized that CHinese Democracy will actually be coming out before the new Duke Nukem!
Axls here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....

and hes alllll outta gum.

html sucks
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »

Bhudda,
My sentiments exactly.
Axl and this band knocked it out of the park............for sure.

This album will not sound dated at all. Haters will had no matter what they here.

CITR rocks......abit different. Its rocked out for sure riffs etc. Lyrics and vocals still the same and beautiful at that.

I am going out on a whim here but.... Bhudda maybe you remember the MTV rockumentary from 1989/90 and Axl said he wanted the new album (at that time it ended up being UYI 1,2) to "bury appetite" and "I dont want to live my life through that one album"
Well folks.......I wont admit that he did just that with ChiDem but he is coming pretty dam close. A different album for sure but like appetite this album has maybe 1-2 fillers. You cant say that for many albums out there past and present.

Axl thank you, thank you, thank you !!
It's great to see your vision come to fruition.

Thanks for an album that I could just listen through without skipping any tracks !! LOL beer

what's interesting, is that I think Axl grew fonder of AFD over time... in 1989 he probably didn't see how timeless it was... but now he probably considers it a masterpiece (I do)... this is evident by the fact that most of the songs he plays live are from AFD.
fr8train
Opening Act

G n f R

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »

what's interesting, is that I think Axl grew fonder of AFD over time... in 1989 he probably didn't see how timeless it was... but now he probably considers it a masterpiece (I do)... this is evident by the fact that most of the songs he plays live are from AFD.

Yes I agree 100%.
AFD is legendary and it was legendary already by the early 90's.

20+ yrs of R&R
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 12:44:01 PM »

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed that post, BM....We've seen each other on more than  few boards over the years, talked a bit, etc...This is a tremendous time period.  I'm relieved that the U.S. has taken steps to rectify the prior 8 year debacle, and, coming in at a close second for me right now, is the hope that the band will finally be validated for all of their efforts.  Guys like Tommy, Robin, and Dizzy, who have stood by Axl for all of these years, will finally have their moment to shine.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »

Things are happening so fast now. Each day now will bring something whether being a new interview or review, possibly a new video.

The 23rd will be the ultimate conclusion to a very special time period in our lives. I just ask that you take some time to enjoy "The Moment." Take it in. Some of us have become mothers and father's while we waited. Went from being students to professionals. But, we believed. We believed that someday we would be here. 12 days to Chinese Democracy. In 12 days, this moment will be over. There will be other things we will look forward to in our lives but, whatever the next thing is, it will never operate on so many levels, for us, as this did.

Absolutely amazing. I feel so good.

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »

Things are happening so fast now. Each day now will bring something whether being a new interview or review, possibly a new video.

The 23rd will be the ultimate conclusion to a very special time period in our lives. I just ask that you take some time to enjoy "The Moment." Take it in. Some of us have become mothers and father's while we waited. Went from being students to professionals. But, we believed. We believed that someday we would be here. 12 days to Chinese Democracy. In 12 days, this moment will be over. There will be other things we will look forward to in our lives but, whatever the next thing is, it will never operate on so many levels, for us, as this did.

you're absolutely right....so much has changed for me in the past years since spag incident came out.  college, marriage, 2 kids.  i really was doubtful but never stopped checking everyday for updates.  the wait is finally over....enjoy all!! 

by the way....play cd LOUD  as it was meant to be heard

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 05:18:18 PM »

I think I might have to invest in a new stereo to maximize my experience. I bought my current one when the Illusions came out as they were the first cd's I bought. Happy days, again.  Cheesy
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 05:51:39 PM »

you're absolutely right....so much has changed for me in the past years since spag incident came out.  college, marriage, 2 kids.  i really was doubtful but never stopped checking everyday for updates.  the wait is finally over....enjoy all!! 

When I listened to the single Chinese Democracy, getting to finally listen to it right with a great sound system. Fuck yes dude. Chinese D, the single, is a beast. So different from what I heard on the radio (or even the previous demo leaks). Yes, loud and good quality sound system/headphones, make it so.

12 days gunners.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 06:13:10 PM »

CD is going to be amazing. I can feel it.  Every song is going to be its own classic.

I can't wait to get this the 23rd!

I think back when I first visited the forum. I didn't even know what Message boards were. I use to talk in the Guestbook thing that use to be on here cause I didn't know any better.

Anyhow, I finally figured out what a fucking "Message Forum" was. And its been the greatest thing I've ever discovered.

I also wouldn't change a minute of this wait. Its all paying off!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »

Its been an awesome moment. I can say I stuck with this band through all this fucking shit. headbanger

Just wish ppbebe would be here too, kinda worried about that.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »

Just wish ppbebe would be here too, kinda worried about that.

I was thinking the exact same thing around when this first broke...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 07:08:10 PM »

CD is going to be amazing. I can feel it.  Every song is going to be its own classic.

I can't wait to get this the 23rd!

I think back when I first visited the forum. I didn't even know what Message boards were. I use to talk in the Guestbook thing that use to be on here cause I didn't know any better.

Anyhow, I finally figured out what a fucking "Message Forum" was. And its been the greatest thing I've ever discovered.

I also wouldn't change a minute of this wait. Its all paying off!

Me too, for years i logged on as guest!!   I remember thinking in 1998 that Axl would hold off CD release until the big year at the time, YEAR 2000!! Shit, was i off!!  

I'm 29 havn't gone down the typical road of marriage and kids yet.  When GNR was huge 1990, i was personally in a really great place in life...young and inocent...."on top of the world", like GNR was.  

Its been harder since then, but I have a very good feeling that old "on top of the world" feeling is going to come back for myself and Guns n fuckin ROSES!!!!  Almost parralleling my life in way, the way its supposed to be.  The time is now for Chineese Democracy!! Exciting times are ahead of us gunners!!!  beer smoking
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »

You just inspired me, I need to get some new good headphones. any recommendations?

What a moment this is and will be!!  What a great month really...

Great to see you back on the board Buddha Master!  I wonder what happened to all the folks who kind of disappeared from the forums etc. over the years??

When I listened to the single Chinese Democracy, getting to finally listen to it right with a great sound system. Fuck yes dude. Chinese D, the single, is a beast. So different from what I heard on the radio (or even the previous demo leaks). Yes, loud and good quality sound system/headphones, make it so.

12 days gunners.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »

This is a great time.  I haven't listened to any of the new songs played live since the announcement and I'm dying to hear There Was A Time.

By the way I like The Godfather 3   Grin

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 08:03:30 PM »

I havent listened to them either, except once or twice when i was drunk. but that doesnt count  hihi
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:45 PM »

so when will we hear of the tour plans?  i thought we'd have heard something by now.  regardless, even if the don't tour at all i feel cd will be enough!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: