Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:26:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  One of the "Most Anticipated Albums of All Time"?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of the "Most Anticipated Albums of All Time"?  (Read 2876 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« on: November 09, 2008, 05:21:48 AM »

Do you believe this album is indeed one of the "most anticipated albums of all time"?  If so, what albums might compare to it?  If not, why not?

I told my buddy the other day that Chinese Democracy is "one of the most anticipated albums of all time" and he just laughed and thinks I'm absolutely crazy.  His response was "well if it is, why don't I (or even a lot of people) know that it's even coming out"?  

I believe this album is for a couple reasons....1) Axl is one of the best front men of all time.  Everytime there is some kind of list asking who the best frontmen are, Axl is on that list.  2)  The same goes for Guns N Roses the band.  They are towards the top of any list that is asking for the top bands of all time.  3)  The lengthy process of making this album.  4)  This reason kinda goes along with Axl being a really unique front man, but the fact that he is indeed a recluse and people rarely hear from him or know what is going on.  There is a lot of questions with him, and curiosity.

For these reasons, I believe this is in fact one of the most, if not the most anticipated album of all time!!  Of course, I've only been on this earth for 30years.   

Also, if any of you have articles or links to articles that mention CD being one of the most anticipated albums, I would love to get that in this thread.  I would love to prove to my buddy that it's not just me saying this.  I know I've seen this said multiple times out there. 

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:47:06 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 05:43:39 AM »

Look how many records they sold before cd.  Lots in a little time.  This album would be one of the most anticipated if it was coming out in 1996.  It is such a long running saga. 

Dont eat cheese after midnight
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 02:32:59 PM »

It's one of the most anticipated for me.

I haven't been this psyched about an event since the final Star Wars movie was released in 2005.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »

For us, yes, for the general public who knows.A kid that was born when UYI came out may never have purchased a CD.People are just used to stealing music nowadays. I was hoping for a bonus DVD with ChiDem to give people an added incentive to buy the album.Kinda like what Motley did with SOLA this year at Best Buy.Lord knows GNR has enough footage.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »

I would say yes.  Also lets look at the fact it took ACDC 8 years before another album was released and it is #1 everywhere.

Well I think GnR will have a battle to get over the media aspect of not the original members, such as slash and Duff.  The music speaks for itself. 

I think if people ignore everything but the music they will be blown away.

One must also look at a band like Metallica sure they have put out stuff after the black album but most of it is crap.  The new one is good but time between the black album 1991 and Death Magnec 2008 is the same amount of time between GnR albums.

Truly great albums take time.  They do not happen overnight and Axl I believe will prove this. 
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »

The way I see it is that CD is not a very good song compared to others on the album, so if that's selling as well as it is then a large part of why it's doing so well is down to anticipation.

In short, CD is absolutely one of the most anticipated albums of all time.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: