Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:59:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Single ?Chinese Democracy? Takes Humanitarian Theme
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Single ?Chinese Democracy? Takes Humanitarian Theme  (Read 4283 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 07, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »

Long Awaited Return of Guns N' Roses
Single ?Chinese Democracy? takes humanitarian theme

By Chris Holehouse
Epoch Times Staff

Nov 6, 2008

All the controversy and chatterings of the reorganized mega-band Guns N' Roses aside, one thing is for certain?Axl Rose still flaunts his rock and roll craft with a humanitarian undertone, keeping his conciseness neatly aligned with justice and human rights.

Millions of fans remember the epic, soul stirring 1993 Guns N' Roses piece Civil War, where Rose and his platinum selling G N?R troupe painted a rallying anti-war protest that left even the most apathetic moved. Beginning with the famous line, "What we've got here is a failure to communicate," sampled from the film Cool Hand Luke, the song provoked strong introspection and an array of intense emotions. By the time Rose's gripping tone and the words "Peace can last forever" chimed, one would be hard pressed not to be totally immersed and laden with a full body chill.

It's been a long time since 93' and the GN?R sounds of old, and Guns N' Roses have taken on a few new reforms. The band released its first single and title track, ?Chinese Democracy,? from the heavily delayed and strongly anticipated album of the same name, which slates to be made available exclusively through Best Buy retailers on November 24.

The song Chinese Democracy, was inspired by the Martin Scorsese film, Kundun which documents the life and teachings of the exiled Tiebetan leader the Dali Llama.  Rose first played the song live at a Las Vegas show in 2001 stating "?right now China symbolizes one of the strongest, yet most oppressive countries and governments in the world."

Past the Tibet situation, Rose brings to light yet another atrocity in China with his mention of the persecution of the spiritual practice Falun Gong with the lyrics "Blame it on the Falun Gong, they've seen the end and you [the Chinese Communist Party*] can't hold on now."

The persecution of Falun Gong has been a reality in China for nearly ten years, starting in July of 1999, and the media outlets and news sources in both the East and the West, have been for the most part, tight lipped. Axl Rose has taken steps in a meaningful and honorable direction with the inclusion of real and breathing humanitarian content that takes aim at reaching the world's people through his tried and true medium of hard rock music.

http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/arts-entertainment/chinese-democracy-guns-n-roses-6749.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:36:15 PM »

Thanks for posting this article.  Very nicely written and gives Axl postive credibility.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »

That is really fucking cool. I will be forwarding this to a few people. Thank you for sharing this find.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »

Very rare article indeed, Axl gets positive words, well, every fifteen years...

Thanks for posting this !
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »

cool shiz!

html sucks
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 01:40:40 PM »

The only thing I would discuss about this article is when it mentions Civil War as a 1993 song...I guess it was released as a single that year, but the song was well known since its release in UYI in 1991 and even before, considering it was firast released in 1990 as part of Nobody?s Child: Romanian Angel Appeal.

Nevertheless it?s an interesting article.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »

i dont think Civil War ever had a single release?

html sucks
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »

Very cool article, thanks for posting!
Nice to read a positive article for a change.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »

i dont think Civil War ever had a single release?

Civil War

Released: May 29, 1993 (UK)

UK Chart peak: 11

GFSTD 43 CD
Civil War (LP version) / Garden Of Eden (LP version) /
Dead Horse (LP version) / An interview with Slash from March 1993

GED21810 CD (Germany)
Civil War (LP version) / Garden Of Eden (LP version) /
An interview with Slash from March 1993

http://htgth.com/releases/use-your-illusion2/civil-war.html
Annie
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »

Super cool post. Thanks for sharing.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 04:55:29 PM »

Nice!

Good to see there is more out there than the tired old shit, and someone is actually thinking about Axl's music. ok

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »

That is a really cool article. I hope other media outlets pick up on it.  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 05:19:09 PM »

Thanks for posting that.  ok

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »

Just wanted to add this last part, for those who haven't clicked the link:

* Editor's note--The lyric appears to implicate that 'you' is referring to the Chinese communist regime based on the context, and is inserted in brackets for the benefit of the reader. This is the editor and writer's understanding and has not been confirmed with the artist(s).

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »

I wonder if the song and title of the new album will indeed get Axl banned from China if he hasn't already been banned yet.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »

I wonder if the song and title of the new album will indeed get Axl banned from China if he hasn't already been banned yet.

I thought I heard Axl say that he was already banned!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »

I only remember Axl saying at a concert in China that he had better go ahead and come see the country before he was banned.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 06:44:53 PM »

Cool read.

Once again, Mr. Axl Rose demonstrates his songwriting talents to be much more complex and deep than the average shit songs on radio today (Hello, Nickelback!)

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 06:51:10 PM »

I only remember Axl saying at a concert in China that he had better go ahead and come see the country before he was banned.

They probably banned him shortly after!  hihi

At least, I THINK he said he was banned on the Eddie Trunk show.  If anyone can clarify this bit if (mis)information, that would be great!

Freakin' China.  Grin
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 09:18:56 PM »

They probably banned him shortly after!  hihi

At least, I THINK he said he was banned on the Eddie Trunk show.  If anyone can clarify this bit if (mis)information, that would be great!

Freakin' China.  Grin

I believe he said he wanted to visit China before he was banned from going there. I don't think he is actually banned, but who really knows!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: