Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy single - free with Best Buy pre-order & release Nov 9th
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy single - free with Best Buy pre-order & release Nov 9th  (Read 38905 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »

i think we have a hit single on our hands

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2008, 10:25:56 PM »

up to 20 on top songs and 2 on rock

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »

i think it's not available yet at the iTunes Argentina.

Damn it, is there any other way for me to get the legal download?

fucking third world  rant

Do you guys have Napster?  You may want to try that
Yeah I just got my promitional download from Napster by pre-ordering from Best Buy.  Worked beautifully.  I'd fully recommend if you don't have/use iTunes.  First official "legal" music download I've purchased in YEARS.  And man does it feel good!

Are there official lyrics to the song available?  I didn't get any with the Napster download, just the artwork.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2008, 10:38:10 PM »

Yeah I just got my promitional download from Napster by pre-ordering from Best Buy.  Worked beautifully.  I'd fully recommend if you don't have/use iTunes.  First official "legal" music download I've purchased in YEARS.  And man does it feel good!

Are there official lyrics to the song available?  I didn't get any with the Napster download, just the artwork.

right. but I can't pre-order from Best Buy because that's only for americans. Is there any other way I can download the track using Napster, living in Argentina? I got the damn Mastercard here in my hand and I want to have BADLY the track.

oh, and by the way, I think Argentina is the only fucking country in the world that hasn't got a confirmed release date for the album...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2008, 10:40:37 PM »

I know it's probably been said already...but we have a GNR RSS feed now!? Grin  I don't really even know what an RSS feed is, but I have it on my Google home page now! lmao  Only thing on there right now are George Chin pics, but this looks like more things are on the way!

http://click.myreg.net/r/n_181384400/t_eWqd/u_www.interscope.com/feeds/artist/gunsnroses/content/

Edit- I apologize if this were already known.  I don't pay attention to RSS feeds for the most part.  I couldn't do a search for it on the forum.....and I found it in an email Best Buy sent to me asking me to pre-order to get the single  hihi 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:56:16 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2008, 10:46:45 PM »

right. but I can't pre-order from Best Buy because that's only for americans. Is there any other way I can download the track using Napster, living in Argentina? I got the damn Mastercard here in my hand and I want to have BADLY the track.

oh, and by the way, I think Argentina is the only fucking country in the world that hasn't got a confirmed release date for the album...
Oh, well that I'm not sure.  Try it out, see if they let you download it.  You can do a free trial membership.  http://www.napster.com/index.html?darwin_ttl=1226375157&darwin=1008C

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2008, 03:49:22 AM »

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10rocksongs.html

Guns are doing great in some countries, but some of us are letting the team down...lol
 ok peace

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2008, 03:54:46 AM »

Good stuff - I'm surprised it's not placed in Germany though. I thought they'd be all over that shit.  peace

And there goes the challenger...
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2008, 03:56:31 AM »

damn you nickelback hehehehe
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2008, 04:12:19 AM »

Its doing good overall. Its in the top 10 of every chart its on. People obviously still do care about guns n' roses.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2008, 04:35:01 AM »

cmon australia

Typical,
the only radio station here in sydney that would play rock songs is triple m,
and the whole month they are devoting it to 80s music....

*&^%

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2008, 05:22:23 AM »

Good stuff - I'm surprised it's not placed in Germany though. I thought they'd be all over that shit.  peace

That's because you couldn't buy it on itunes Germany. At least it didn't work two days ago...dunno if it's possible today...
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2008, 05:23:17 AM »

It just went on sale today in Germany...

But I did my job! Smiley
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2008, 06:14:04 AM »

Is the single for sale yet?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2008, 07:33:41 AM »

Is the single for sale yet?

peace

yup!!! go get it!!!!! pre-order the album for $9.99 and get the single immediately.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2008, 07:56:26 AM »

so except the 1-track radio promo cds (to find expensive on eBay) there is no official physical cd-single available yet, only quality compressed download stuff? well, not buying that, sorry! not too hard to release a single cd for such a huge brand name GN'R, come on!

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2008, 08:02:45 AM »

so except the 1-track radio promo cds (to find expensive on eBay) there is no official physical cd-single available yet, only quality compressed download stuff? well, not buying that, sorry! not too hard to release a single cd for such a huge brand name GN'R, come on!

Well of course not!

They release a song again. But it's not good enough.

This time it wasn't in a video game so you don't have to pay lots of Euros for a gaming system and game.

No, not good enough. It's not the right format.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »

yes, thats right. this download stuff is not the right format in terms of my quality interests of an official collector's items, thats why i've just asked if there is any single cd release (to come). i do buy every physical official cd single and albums from bands i like but never will agree on buying inferior quality mp3 stuff in 2008 when the cd standard allready is from the beginning of the 80s. and this song is not "just another song released somehow" like Shackler was, this is the first official released single of this kind of album which also is the title track and also under the still huge GN'R banner, so its not too questionable that some people would have expected a simple single-cd too.....well, radio got promotional cds aswell, huh? however it right now appears they decided to go the download-way only. whatever the reasons are for that, some fans will have to wait for the cd/lp for adding some physical release to their collections. yeah, blame on those fans who surely have a bigger official physical collection than you, Jarmo!

Re-Union time, baby!!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2008, 08:40:29 AM »

yes, thats right. this download stuff is not the right format in terms of my quality interests of an official collector's items, thats why i've just asked if there is any single cd release (to come). i do buy every physical official cd single and albums from bands i like but never will agree on buying inferior quality mp3 stuff in 2008 when the cd standard allready is from the beginning of the 80s. and this song is not "just another song released somehow" like Shackler was, this is the first official released single of this kind of album which also is the title track and also under the still huge GN'R banner, so its not too questionable that some people would have expected a simple single-cd too.....well, radio got promotional cds aswell, huh? however it right now appears they decided to go the download-way only. whatever the reasons are for that, some fans will have to wait for the cd/lp for adding some physical release to their collections. yeah, blame on those fans who surely have a bigger official physical collection than you, Jarmo!

sorry, but your post is not the right format in terms of my quality interests... so should I moan against it like you do?

Burger King  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2008, 08:52:53 AM »

I'm glad you have a bigger collection than me. Congratulations!

I'm not really a collector. More of a music fan and listener.

So when a new song is available for purchase. I buy it if it's from a band I love and support.

I know that I will be able to hear it in all its high fidelity glory in a few weeks. I pre-ordered the vinyls (aren't you proud of me?) in addition to the CDs.

But until then, the iTunes digital single will do just fine and by making that purchase, I'm also supporting my favorite band. Which is becoming more and more important these days when sales are declining.

This is just a reflection from somebody who's seen more than one "release the album" or "release a new song" post over the years. So it's kinda ironic to see fans opting not to buy the song once it's available.

I can understand the quality concerns.

I wouldn't mind having the CD single either. Hell, if one is made available I'll buy it too.

But considering there's a new official GN'R single available for all of us to buy, it's pretty fucking exciting if you ask me. The format of the single comes in second hand.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: