Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy single - free with Best Buy pre-order & release Nov 9th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy single - free with Best Buy pre-order & release Nov 9th  (Read 36349 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »

I never knew buying something from Itunes could be so much fun  Cheesy

Great single!  Bring on the album.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »

I don't want to buy the mp3, I want the actual single... are these for sale anywhere yet?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2008, 10:43:26 AM »

I just preordered the vinyl from best buy and then got an email with a code to get the single from napster

Weird. I wonder why that didn't happen to me.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »

just bought the single and pre-ordered the album on itunes  Grin

first time buying anything on itunes Tongue
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2008, 12:59:38 PM »

So I dont get the free single for preordering 2 weeks ago from BB.com Huh
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »

Does the single still sound the same with Itunes?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2008, 01:32:14 PM »

Just bought it on Itunes! Definitely a great feeling having something official.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2008, 02:17:57 PM »

can anyone in countries outside the US check and see if C.D. is on itunes?
just wondering which countries it has showed up in...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2008, 02:19:25 PM »

you can just change which store you want to look at on itunes and check them all.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »

can anyone in countries outside the US check and see if C.D. is on itunes?
just wondering which countries it has showed up in...

I was just checking.

I didn't find it on the GN'R page in the Australian iTunes Store. But then there's the pre-order ad on the first page and the link leads to the album page with an expected release date of November 22nd.

New Zealand got the single as well.

Of the countries that we don't know the release date for, the Spanish iTunes Store lists the expected release date to be the 22nd.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »

Does the single still sound the same with Itunes?

I just bought it on ITunes (YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!)  It sounds exactly like it does on the Gunsnroses.com page.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
tdurden
Opening Act

Things you own, end up owning you..

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »

This is maybe a dumb question, but does buying albums on places like Itunes count towards billboard charts, etc???  This is how I usually buy my songs/albums but i want to do my part to making it a Billboard/chart success. Thanks in advance.  Smiley

When I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

This is maybe a dumb question, but does buying albums on places like Itunes count towards billboard charts, etc???  This is how I usually buy my songs/albums but i want to do my part to making it a Billboard/chart success. Thanks in advance.  Smiley

Quote from: Wikipedia
The Billboard Hot 100 now tracks paid digital downloads from such internet services as iTunes, Napster, Musicmatch, Rhapsody, etc. With paid digital downloads added to the airplay/sales formula of the Hot 100, many songs benefited on the charts from the change. Billboard initially started tracking downloads in 2003 with the Hot Digital Tracks chart. However, these downloads did not count towards the Hot 100 and that chart (as opposed to Hot Digital Songs) counted each version of a song separately (the chart still exists today along with Hot Digital Songs). This is the first major overhaul of the Hot 100's chart formula since December 1998.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »

The single is out now and still now word of a video. Shouldn't the video be out before the single?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »

Chinese Democracy is now #10 on the "Top Song" list on iTunes Norway. It was #90 just a couple of hours ago, so it's climbing fast!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »

The Billboard Hot 100 now tracks paid digital downloads from such internet services as iTunes, Napster, Musicmatch, Rhapsody, etc. With paid digital downloads added to the airplay/sales formula of the Hot 100, many songs benefited on the charts from the change. Billboard initially started tracking downloads in 2003 with the Hot Digital Tracks chart. However, these downloads did not count towards the Hot 100 and that chart (as opposed to Hot Digital Songs) counted each version of a song separately (the chart still exists today along with Hot Digital Songs). This is the first major overhaul of the Hot 100's chart formula since December 1998.

/jarmo
Thanks for the question and answer.  I was wondering that myself.  That's why I pre-ordered copies from Best Buy so they'll count on the first Billboard chart listing.  ok

Okay.  Now since tdurden's question really was NOT dumb, I'll ask a dumb one.  Tongue
If I pre-order the album from iTunes, will it like magically appear on my computer at midnight on November 23??  (I live in the USA)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »

/jarmo
Thanks for the question and answer.  I was wondering that myself.  That's why I pre-ordered copies from Best Buy so they'll count on the first Billboard chart listing.  ok

Okay.  Now since tdurden's question really was NOT dumb, I'll ask a dumb one.  Tongue
If I pre-order the album from iTunes, will it like magically appear on my computer at midnight on November 23??  (I live in the USA)

The last album I did this with was Motley Crue's Saints of Los Angeles and shortly after Midnight, it was available for DL.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2008, 06:19:48 PM »

Just bought the single off of iTunes this evening.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »

iTunes support:

Here are ways to pre-order items from the iTunes Store:

To pre-order an item, click the Pre-order button next to the item. When the item is available for download, you receive an email notice. You are not charged for the item until you download it.

To download a pre-ordered item, click the link in the email notice or open iTunes and choose Store > Check for Purchases.

To view, cancel, or see the expected release dates for pending pre-orders, choose Store > View My Account and then click Manage Pre-orders.

When you pre-order an item, you may not be able to download it at the exact moment it becomes available for regular purchase. You'll receive an email the same day to let you know when you can download the item.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2008, 06:23:46 PM »

Since i already bought the single without preordering, its now trying to charge me AGAIN for the single to Pre0rder the album.

Im just gonna wait till Midnight the 22nd and Get it off Itunes and then wake up and get the physical copy when I get out of school at noon.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: