Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron on the radio this morning
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron on the radio this morning  (Read 2163 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: November 05, 2008, 10:22:24 AM »

Driving into work this morning, I was channel surfing hoping to catch Chinese Democracy and low n' behold there was Ron himself introducing the song Jenny B off his Abnormal cd!!!  CONGRATS TO RON cause it translated really good to radio.  ok

I can only pick up that station WDHA 105.5 on part of my ride in so I'm not sure how much of the interview I missed and, unfortunately for youze, I only pay half-attention when people talk especially at 8:30 am-ish in the morning ... but I give it my best try...

I'm guessing he was there mostly to promote Abnormal being released in regular stores on 18 or 19* November and he's doing like a half hour show and signing stuff at Vintage Vinyl in Fords NJ on November 25.  He said he's got an "acoustic(sp) EP" coming out around Christmas/Hanukkah time with songs that the fans on his website voted for.

He mentioned that he does the theme music for the NY Islanders (hockey) ticket sales, etc (he has the youtube links of those posted on his website).  When asked if he was a big hockey fan, he said 'yes' but from what little I know of Ron, I personally think he was fibbing.  Tongue

They played Chinese Democracy and asked him about how the band got in contact with him so he mentioned how Satriani told him if he got a call from GNR it wasn't fake and that he was then contacted by a member of the band but didn't mention anyone by name (I believe it was Josh Freese and Chris Pitman that he originally talked to).

They asked him about playing the fretless(sp) guitar on the track CD and what a fretless brings to the song.  They said he plays 'rhythm' on the song.  Then they talked about how much he plays on the whole CD album and who decided what and how much of his stuff made it to the album.  He said the producers and Axl made all those decisions.

He also talked about stuff like how he got the nickname bumblefoot, and joked about other things in rock news like Jack Bruce (I think)  from Cream dissing Lep Zep and Ringo not wanting to sign stuff for fans anymore.  Ron joked that the Ringo fans can send that stuff to him and he'll sign it or something.

HE DID NOT MENTION MY FREE CANNOLI.  rant

*Ron said the 19th but that's a Wednesday so it's probably Tuesday the 18th.  You can also buy Abnormal from his website and balkfreak and iTunes.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »

Thanks for posting!  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »

Good thing that media gets the whole band to get involved and not just target this album to Axl only!

It shows that this IS being seen as a band effort! Was afraid that it would not be the case.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »

dam I didnt know he was going to be on. I normally listen to that station on my way to school. that or the rat

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:30:36 PM »

After they played the Jenny B track, the radio guy said something like ... wow!!!  I can see why Axl picked you to join the band!!! Then the radio guy asked him something about feeling from others the extra pressure of being the newest/latest GNR guitarist and Ron basically answered 'no' because he said the real pressure or challenge comes from within himself to play better than he did the day before.

NOTE:  These are no where near exact quotes or anything but hopefully I'm correctly conveying the gist of what was said.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 09:25:08 PM »

I think the "rhythm" that he plays is the guitar that plays along w/ the vocal track... which is bad ass !
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 02:30:50 AM »

Good thing that media gets the whole band to get involved and not just target this album to Axl only!

It shows that this IS being seen as a band effort! Was afraid that it would not be the case.

It's more like BBF is the only one doing interviews.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 09:57:49 AM »

It's more like BBF is the only one doing interviews.

Like I said in my original post, I believe Ron was there MOSTLY to promote the release of his solo album Abnormal through regular stores.  Of course the interviewer brought up Chinese Democracy so Ron talked a little bit about that too.

I suspect that when/if Chris Pitman does promos for his Sex Tapes that he'll be asked about GNR and Chinese Democracy too.

Whenever ANY band member does an interview for their solo projects, GNR inevitably comes up.  It just so happens that right at this moment Ron is the one out there promoting something so it gives the appearance that he's the only one doing CD promotions too.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: