Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  another Axl/GN'R RS cover?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: another Axl/GN'R RS cover?  (Read 5249 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: November 02, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

Seems RS are getting on the rock banwagon..AC/DC and Metallica on recent covers..GN'R are most likely a possibility as well....It would be cool to see the entire band and not just Axl....I'm tired of their bias political views and am enjoying their rock coerage lately..
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:17:27 PM »

I hope they put Axl on the cover, which they probably will, and a 40 fucking page article on them  hihi

I'm sure they'll get some pub from RS in the best way.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »

Personally, I hope that a cover is inevitable.   More so, I think it needs to be the entire band, not just Axl.  The more important question is who will be on the cover with Axl?
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:46:48 PM »

Personally, I hope that a cover is inevitable.   More so, I think it needs to be the entire band, not just Axl.  The more important question is who will be on the cover with Axl?

You mean with two drummers and two keyboardists? Won't happen. Unless there is like a school class photo session with 20-30 people on the cover.  hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »

it could be a pic of the band without axl and some headline like "who are these guys?" Tongue

the makers of the greatest album of the decade.. year

but yeah axl is the face of GNR so it'll be him, then the 3 R's on all the covers of the big guitarmagazines drool

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 02:36:18 PM »

You mean with two drummers and two keyboardists? Won't happen. Unless there is like a school class photo session with 20-30 people on the cover.  hihi

Not what I meant.  When I said "entire band," I meant a cover featuring GN'R, not just Axl.  It's time the world realizes who is and isn't in the picture these days.  Including many of us around here, who wonder about Brain/Robin/etc.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 02:46:02 PM »

I was thinking about this last night while watching saturday night live and wondering if GNR would ever play on a show like this?  Than it donned on me that they probably couldn't even fit on the stage with the 8 or 9 guys they have! ..  hihi

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
GeraldFord
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »

That'd be great! Maybe the next issue???
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »

There is no way in hell Axl won't be on the Dec. cover

Maybe Axl isn't saying anything cause he promised Rolling Stone first interview.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »

Seems RS are getting on the rock banwagon..AC/DC and Metallica on recent covers..GN'R are most likely a possibility as well....It would be cool to see the entire band and not just Axl....I'm tired of their bias political views and am enjoying their rock coerage lately..

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that AC/DC cover.

Hopefully there's a GNR cover coming soon.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »

Maybe Axl isn't saying anything cause he promised Rolling Stone first interview.

Is that first interview going to be with Rolling Stone or MTV (Kurt Loder)? Which would be better these days?? Both of them will definitely get their interview but I really do wonder if one of them has that exclusive first...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 06:05:58 PM »

What happens is, Axl gives an interview to Kurt Loder and then Axl/Loder sell the interview to RS.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
final_touches
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »

What happens if Axl doesn't feel like giving interviews or doing other promo work at all?

I think I remember between 1987 and 1993 it were mostly Slash and Duff doing the media talking while Axl wasn't into it at all...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 09:28:05 AM »

This is what I thought when they pulled the article about the Chinese Democracy release date before it had been officially announced, that they must have had an agreement for at least an exclusive interview, and hopefully the band would be on the cover.  I definitely hope if they make the cover, that it will be the entire band.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 10:12:06 AM »

I think that is there's a cover on Rolling Stone it would be an Axl's one.

I would like to see the band but...I don't know...the idea of a "only-axl-cover" came to my mind in the first place.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 10:31:48 AM »

Does anyone remember a little RS article that came out around May of 2000?  I don't imagine that put Axl in much of a mood to deal with Rolling Stone.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

Amen on politics...sadly, in the US anyway, music and politics are linked until the class' of '65-72 retire...and they are passing the torch to  (brainwashing) a whole new generation.  Almost as irritating is the Country Music/Religion connection.  Music should bring people together, not divide.

I would love to see the whole band on the cover - but they would need a special fold out... hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Annie
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 12:48:48 PM »

Wouldn't that be nice!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »

it would be cool if he shared the cover with all the members of the gnr family who made the album possible... like having the current band on the cover with him, plus brain and bucket (maybe) and del and beta and patti hood and marco beltrami all the people we've come to know and love over the years they've spent creating this album.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 01:31:43 PM »

it would be cool if he shared the cover with all the members of the gnr family who made the album possible... like having the current band on the cover with him, plus brain and bucket (maybe) and del and beta and patti hood and marco beltrami all the people we've come to know and love over the years they've spent creating this album.
The size of the RS mag has been reduced to the size of a regular magazine.  But even if it was still the bigger size, I don't think there would be enough room on the cover to fit all the people who had a hand in the making of CD.  Tongue

On a serious note, RS has not been particularly "GNR friendly" the past number of years, so I hope they do NOT get the first interview.  no 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: