Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Mother fucking Mice
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mother fucking Mice  (Read 7161 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: November 02, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »

I'm a night owl, and for the past month or so I heard "rodent noises" from my kitchen area.  Scurrying, squeaking and gnawing.  My girl wouldn't let me put down poison b/c we have a dog so I was hoping they'd just go away.

wishful thinking.

Finally bought some traps and bait this past week.  Two traps are your standard spring loaded ones - but before I put those down, I got one that had the poison inside a plastic "maze" if you will.  Motherfucker ate the poison in one night.  6 nights later I was still hearing him.

Tonight I put down the spring loaded ones with peanut butter.  No joke, 30 minutes go by and SNAP! I check the trap... no mouse, but not much peanut butter either.  Motherfuckers!  I check the other trap... only 1/4 the peanut butter and it didn't even snap!!??!  But the hard part was done, I knew where this asshole was poking around.

Two more attempts and SNAP!  I open the cabinet under my sink.  GOT EM'  This was a nasty kill, but probably I doubt this guy suffered.  It was a clean head shot.  His brains were bashed in pretty good.  It was kinda gross to clean up.  About an hour later I heard squeaking from the kitchen again.  THERE ARE TWO OF THEM!!!

A couple hours go by, I go out for a snack.  Come back and I just had a feeling I got the other one.  And I was right.  This one I felt pretty bad over, worse than the first.  His tail was still moving a bit, but he was pretty fucking dead.  I think I snapped his neck or his upper back.  Well not me, the trap, but you know what I mean.

I think I'll use my extra hour to keep watch, see if there are anymore.  I'm a little worried they might be in the walls...

Anyone else have any good rodent/pest stories?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:16:33 AM »

Poor fucking mice.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:59:05 AM »

Yeah dude, how can you kill those poor defenseless things?

You monster.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 05:43:26 AM »

msaxl to the rescue!!! Where's your cat? Sounds like it could be pretty serious though, you caught quite a few in a short time.  Bought a new home last year on about 7 acres, the little guys liked coming in my garage while open, so I first started with my 23lb bangle kitty, he was a great help, but not enough.  Rather than resorting to the nasty, messy traps we did some research and found what you call the "Pest A Cator 2000" yes.  This device literally plugs into your electrical outlet.  It has a pulse/ultrasonic waves it sends through walls.  It operates continuously, and begins working within days, so they say you may see an increase in activity during initial clean up period.  Cost for one about 25 dollars and covers about 2000 sq ft.  Additional units are suggested for larger single level areas or multiple story structures.  Does it or did it work?  I no longer have any Shocked.  Try it and see!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:21:19 AM »

among the worst animals ever, right up there with cats, probably worse..

anyway u know rats produce like hell so u might already have ten more under the kitchen sink..  Undecided
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »

are they from mars?

html sucks
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 08:14:40 AM »

We've been here about 7 years now and only have 1 mouse story.  One day I saw a mouse in the garage.  I was a bit disgusted...I ran upstairs to get my bb gun...came back down and was ready to try and shoot it...but it ran.  I bought a pack of 3 traps and set 'em up.  It was dead within a couple days...

It seems that mice are attracted to grass seed.  I had a 50 pound bag about half full of grass seed.  My wife discovered the hole that it ate through with the bag, and since she's even more freaked out by mice, she through the whole rest of the bag AND THE GRASS SEED! in the trash.  A bit of a waste, but it made her feel better.  Happy wife happy life.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 08:18:57 AM »

I have 4 cats and a dog so mice don't stand a chance.

Too bad it is the cats who bring mice IN the house- then they play with them. It is up to me to catch them.

I do the catch & release - the dog catches the mouse & I take the mouse away from the dog and put the mouse in the front yard to escape.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 12:55:50 PM »

anyway u know rats produce like hell so u might already have ten more under the kitchen sink..  Undecided

well they were mice, but yeah, they reproduce just as much I'm sure.  I'll probably lay down a few more traps just to make sure.  The key will be finding the holes in the walls/cabinets they are coming in through.

bastards!

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 01:02:42 PM »

well they were mice, but yeah, they reproduce just as much I'm sure.  I'll probably lay down a few more traps just to make sure.  The key will be finding the holes in the walls/cabinets they are coming in through.

bastards!
Plug the holes with steel wool they cannot knaw through it

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 01:03:52 PM »

What was I thinking with my bb gun?  I should have pulled a Palin, rented out a chopper and shot it from the sky!  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »

Saw a mouse, jumped up on the fucking table and screamed like a bitch.

My dog Princess the Chiawahwah or however the fuck u spell it, killed that bastard a day or so later.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 08:06:24 PM »

Saw a mouse, jumped up on the fucking table and screamed like a bitch.

My dog Princess the Chiawahwah or however the fuck u spell it, killed that bastard a day or so later.

D, this post cracked me up on so many different levels.  The fact that you were honest and the mouse scared the shit out of you and then the fact that your dog named "Princess" is the one who took care of it  hihi hehe.  My dog is a huge wuss, he'll hear the squeaking and not even go near the kitchen.  big baby!  hihi

First time I saw a mouse in my house it kinda freaked me out too, moreso b/c its just gross to think of them running all over the place.

So far no noises from the kitchen tonight.  I think they're all dead.... for now.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 08:37:32 PM »

Hil-Dog, just make sure your place is totally clean.  No crumbs, no dirt, no grass seed, nothing.  If there's nothing to eat, you'll never have a problem again.....unless D's gerbils break outta there cages!  In that case don't worry though, they're harmless...de-clawed of course.  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »

Hil-Dog, just make sure your place is totally clean.  No crumbs, no dirt, no grass seed, nothing.  If there's nothing to eat, you'll never have a problem again.....unless D's gerbils break outta there cages!  In that case don't worry though, they're harmless...de-clawed of course.  hihi

its not my place I'm so worried about, its our neighbors and the backyard behind us. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 11:37:16 PM »

Gerbils?

U are the one with PVC pipe lying around hihi hihi   see if anyone gets that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 12:10:18 AM »

We had a dog and still used poison. Just put in cabinets and non-open areas where the dog couldn't eat it. Mice were dead real quick. Found out cuz we would see teeth marks in our chip bags and cereal boxes. Fuckin little fuckers, eating my chips and shit. So just put some poison next to the chips (and elsewhere) and they didnt know what hit em.  rofl smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 12:14:56 AM »

Gerbils?

A4P, I knew you liberals were a sick bunch, but letting a gerbil run up your asshole, now that is sick. 

By the way, Decon poison is awesome and they die in the woods looking for water.  Great stuff.  I had an issue and in a few days, I didn't have an issue anymore.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 12:45:56 AM »

Gerbils?

U are the one with PVC pipe lying around hihi hihi   see if anyone gets that
South Park?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 01:09:11 AM »

Gerbils?

A4P, I knew you liberals were a sick bunch, but letting a gerbil run up your asshole, now that is sick. 

By the way, Decon poison is awesome and they die in the woods looking for water.  Great stuff.  I had an issue and in a few days, I didn't have an issue anymore.

Now that sounds awesome.  I was worried with the poison I'd come home to dead mice all over the apartment.  I'll have to check it out.  Would be nice to get some poison and chuck it behind the fridge and put in some cabinets and not have to think about it anymore.

Pretty sure there is at least one more fucker in the apt.  Heard some stuff tonight.

High_times, I hear you about the food.  Oddly enough, they haven't chewed through any of our boxes, but they LOVE to gnaw at empty bags and what not. 

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: