Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144316 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #580 on: December 08, 2008, 08:44:17 PM »

They just played a bit of Better!
They played it AGAIN going to commercial just before the opening kickoff.  I was sitting away from the TV but could hear the guitar riff in the background.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #581 on: December 08, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »

you know what, in regards to the promo.... who cares! Let Axl do what he wants. Lets just enjoy the album and hopefully we can get an Axl interview soon. Forget all the drama. Its not worth it. We have waited for so many yrs, lets just enjoy the moment.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #582 on: December 08, 2008, 10:12:06 PM »

you know what, in regards to the promo.... who cares! Let Axl do what he wants. Lets just enjoy the album and hopefully we can get an Axl interview soon. Forget all the drama. Its not worth it. We have waited for so many yrs, lets just enjoy the moment.

ok ok ok ok

Yeah, I got a bit overzealous I guess. I just want to hear from him that's all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #583 on: December 08, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »

ok ok ok ok

I think we'll hear from him in time.  Maybe we haven't heard anything as of yet because Axl wants to get band business taken care of first (ie. Robin).  If he was giving interviews right now he might very well be asked what the deal with Robin is.  Maybe he doesn't want to answer that until he has a solid and firm replacement for him.  Hopefully, we're not too far from that point.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #584 on: December 08, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »

ok ok ok ok

I think we'll hear from him in time.  Maybe we haven't heard anything as of yet because Axl wants to get band business taken care of first (ie. Robin).  If he was giving interviews right now he might very well be asked what the deal with Robin is.  Maybe he doesn't want to answer that until he has a solid and firm replacement for him.  Hopefully, we're not too far from that point.

That seems likely to me. Could also explain the lack of any "band" photos in the CD booklet. At the time of printing ( and now) we don't know who the 3rd guitarist is.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #585 on: December 08, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »

ok ok ok ok

That seems likely to me. Could also explain the lack of any "band" photos in the CD booklet. At the time of printing ( and now) we don't know who the 3rd guitarist is.
Yeah I have no idea really, but it seems similar to the situation post-Buckethead.  Axl sort of went silent there and the Hammerstein dates came seemingly out of nowhere.  Then he popped up on Eddie Trunck and said they had a 3rd guitarist that they'd unveil at the shows, and I believe Bumble had only officially joined a few weeks before that.  So it's entirely possible there could be A LOT going on behind closed doors that we just don't know about.  Nothing new in the world of GNR.  I wouldn't get too worried about any of it right now.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #586 on: December 09, 2008, 03:00:58 AM »

ok ok ok ok

Yeah I have no idea really, but it seems similar to the situation post-Buckethead.  Axl sort of went silent there and the Hammerstein dates came seemingly out of nowhere.  Then he popped up on Eddie Trunck and said they had a 3rd guitarist that they'd unveil at the shows, and I believe Bumble had only officially joined a few weeks before that.  So it's entirely possible there could be A LOT going on behind closed doors that we just don't know about.  Nothing new in the world of GNR.  I wouldn't get too worried about any of it right now.

Well......I am worried when I read the album pushed 80k units this week and fell out of the US Top Ten.

I don''t believe for a second that Robin is the reason why Axl is not speaking. He has always made it clear to the person interviewing him what questions he would answer.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #587 on: December 09, 2008, 08:53:44 AM »

ok ok ok ok

Well......I am worried when I read the album pushed 80k units this week and fell out of the US Top Ten.

I don''t believe for a second that Robin is the reason why Axl is not speaking. He has always made it clear to the person interviewing him what questions he would answer.
How do you figure that?  When he popped in to Eddie's show back in 2006 that was a spur of the moment thing, I doubt they had time to go over what to and what not to ask Axl about that night.  I see what you're saying, but they'd HAVE to ask him about who's currently in the band.  They don't necessarily have to specifically ask about Robin but it would inevitably come up.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #588 on: December 09, 2008, 09:23:47 AM »

How do you figure that?  When he popped in to Eddie's show back in 2006 that was a spur of the moment thing, I doubt they had time to go over what to and what not to ask Axl about that night.  I see what you're saying, but they'd HAVE to ask him about who's currently in the band.  They don't necessarily have to specifically ask about Robin but it would inevitably come up.

The Eddie Trunk interview was quite a remarkably candid moment for Axl Rose. It definitely qualifies as the outlier if you consider the press he has done in the past. In 2001/2002  he did conduct interviews with a few radio stations in which certain questions were not asked, most likely due to documents presented by management outlining what topics could be explored. Axl has also gone to Del James for a media friendly print interview.

There are options for Axl if he doesn't want to face questions of uncertainty with the band through scripted or controlled interviews. Or he could simply put out a statement and reveal his feelings and plans going forward.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #589 on: December 09, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

The Eddie Trunk interview was quite a remarkably candid moment for Axl Rose. It definitely qualifies as the outlier if you consider the press he has done in the past. In 2001/2002  he did conduct interviews with a few radio stations in which certain questions were not asked, most likely due to documents presented by management outlining what topics could be explored. Axl has also gone to Del James for a media friendly print interview.

There are options for Axl if he doesn't want to face questions of uncertainty with the band through scripted or controlled interviews. Or he could simply put out a statement and reveal his feelings and plans going forward.
Yeah I think that'd be more likely actually.  I never really thought Axl would do all the late night talk shows anyway.  I just can't see him sitting on the couch to talk with Jay Leno for 15 minutes.  I don't even remember him doing THAT many interviews either, even in 2001, 2002.  I think we're barking up the wrong tree if we expect him to all of a sudden open up and go on Oprah.  Another open letter would be more logical, but I'll hold to my theory that he wants to wait until things are perhaps a little more solid going forward.  We have the music, that's fantastic.  If the rest of the country/world can't see the greatness, that's their loss.  I never expected GNR to rule the world again and I find it hard to believe that even if a few old friends were back in the fold that that would make it happen.  The music scene has changed drastically over the years.  GNR can still succeed if Axl speaks tomorrow or 2 months from now.

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #590 on: December 09, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »

Axl never did a lot of interviews, that's for sure. Thing is, you could always count on Slash or Duff to talk to the media, and they had the legitimacy to do so. As good as the new guys are, they're probably just not who the press wants to talk to, even though it would be really interesting to hear their version of the story.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:23:19 AM by Chuzeville » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #591 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »

Axl promoted both the 02 and 06 tours though; the official site had a Del-Axl interview up before the first gig, Axl did an interview with a radio station (Tacoma-I believe) in 02, and before the Inland Invasion show in 06. He has done some, but as you say it's not on the level of Slash/Duff.

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #592 on: December 09, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »

Axl promoted both the 02 and 06 tours though; the official site had a Del-Axl interview up before the first gig, Axl did an interview with a radio station (Tacoma-I believe) in 02, and before the Inland Invasion show in 06. He has done some, but as you say it's not on the level of Slash/Duff.

...and that is a lot more than we have today.....
I can't understand why there is no propper promotion for fucks sake

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #593 on: December 09, 2008, 02:26:22 PM »

Axl on Oprah! Only half of that would kick ass. The other half would still be Oprah.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #594 on: December 09, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »

Axl on Oprah! Only half of that would kick ass. The other half would still be Oprah.

I'm sure you mean the other 3/4  Wink

And there goes the challenger...
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #595 on: December 09, 2008, 04:09:18 PM »

Although we all agree that its great to finally have CD in our hands, most of us want more promotion because:

- We were looking forward to a tour, video, single B-sides, interviews, TV appearances etc. In other words, all of the activity that normally comes with a major CD release. Without al of this, it feels like yet another false start for G n' R.

- More promo should mean more sales. More sales mean that Geffen is more likely to put out Guns N Roses music in the future (including not least parts 2 and 3 of the trilogy that we are all dying to hear).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think that the album has been launched before G N' Rwere able to get themselves together to go out and do promo. It's possible that, in a perfect world, Axl would have wanted CD released early next yerar. That would have given him and the gang (including, if necessary, Finck's replacement) a couple of months to regroup and rehearse, ready to blitz the world early next yearwhen the CD was released. But maybe, after Best Buy shoved a massive wad of cash under their noses, Geffen bought the relase forward to before xmas.

That's just my hypothesis. But I reckon the lack of promo has something to to do with the parts of the machine being out of sync rather than Axl going AWOL or something.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #596 on: December 09, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »

The thing is, you don't have to tour within two weeks of the album release!

They could very well spend 2009 on the road and nobody would be complaining.

But now, two weeks after the album's release, some of you are upset because the band isn't touring.....

Have some patience, enjoy the album and look forward to an exciting 2009.

Regarding there not being enough promotion. Well, here in Sweden Universal Music has done nothing.

I don't know what their plan is. Their web site doesn't mention GN'R at all, unless you go back to read the press release from weeks ago.

What the hell?

And it's not like an Axl interview would achieve everything some of you think.

Sure, it would be an interesting read for us fans. But the average record buyer might not read Rolling Stone or watch MTV.

I guess you're expecting Axl to put up posters in the New York subway or on billboards in Los Angeles......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #597 on: December 09, 2008, 04:23:32 PM »

I read that CD is leaving the top 10 charts in the U.S. this week.

I'm really disappointed, because I loved the album. I wish more people would pull their heads out and try it out.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #598 on: December 09, 2008, 04:30:43 PM »

I read that CD is leaving the top 10 charts in the U.S. this week.

I'm really disappointed, because I loved the album. I wish more people would pull their heads out and try it out.

mabye a music video for better , or the likes might push the album back in the top 10 if one is indeed made,
I just wonder when the management team will start this campaign, either this year or early next year?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #599 on: December 09, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »

Selfishly I must admit, I just want to hear from Axl. I'd love to hear about the recording process, what he has been doing, let him set straight a lot of different things.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: