Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144633 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #540 on: December 06, 2008, 09:11:25 PM »

Forget the whole collaboration idea, it's basically a Buckethead solo album and Axl had very little to do with this album.  
Please point me to where I said anything remotely close to your response.

Faulongung do you realize that the majority of rock fans are at best 50/50 with how they feel about Axl Rose? Your whole hes just another guitar player, get on board or fuck off mentality is insane.

Gnr need an identity. Right now when people think of GNR they think of how Axl broke up the old band. Yes, Axl delivered on what matters most, the music, but that is just half the battle. Im not saying the battle is over. I have said all along the album will have legs.

Bucket and or Robin are what Axl needed to divert attention from the old band. I feel bad for him because he knew that, and too his credit, he rebuilt Gnr. He had a BAND again. I feel bad for Axl because Bucket and RObin couldnt find a way to stick it thru.

GNR need to fight. They need to act like a new band because that is what they are. They have to go out there and show the American public why they deserve to use the GNR name.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #541 on: December 06, 2008, 09:13:28 PM »

Im surprised Best Buy didnt push it more, but I guess they figure, if you can only buy it there, then why promote it? They dont have to spend money to compete with Walmart, Target,etc. They probably figured, like everyone else involved appearantly, that it would fly off the shelves with no promo needed.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #542 on: December 06, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »

Some of you type as if you know what G N' R's plans are for the next 16 months  hihi.

Maybe things ARE going as planned  Wink.

Wait a few more weeks  yes.

I hope you are right but they will be starting this new push out of the US Top 10 and with Best Buy pulling their GnR displays. It will have to be a comeback because this album has underperformed in the market.

But its quality has exceed my expectations.

I haven't visited a Best Buy in the Los Angeles area that has taken down its displays. They have actually pushed them more towards the entrance.

I can confirm that three Orlando area Best Buys took down their knockdown displays on Monday

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #543 on: December 07, 2008, 02:08:47 AM »

Forget the whole collaboration idea, it's basically a Buckethead solo album and Axl had very little to do with this album.  

It was sarcasm.

If you think Buckethead is the main reason why CD is so amazing, I disagree.

Were you a fan of his before he joined GN'R or did you become a fan of his thanks to GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2008, 02:35:10 AM »

I agree in the fact that Bucket did play a huge role on chinese democracy due to the fact that he plays some of the best guitar with gnr that he ever has in his 20+year career..

but alot of the other members also have contributed to the album greatly, and should be recognized for their great work,
An album is only as good as when every member adds something that another member cant.
and thats exactly what the result is with chinese democracy,
every member of the current lineup and non current lineup (bucket/paul) have added their own flare and style towards it ,
thus showing the final outcome  is so diverse and yet fresh.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #545 on: December 07, 2008, 03:11:07 AM »

It was sarcasm.

Were you a fan of his before he joined GN'R or did you become a fan of his thanks to GN'R?

/jarmo

People become fans of Buckethead thanks to his immense talent and unusual presentation. They may have become aware of him through GNR because they wouldn't have heard of him otherwise, but I don't think GNR should (or have tried to) take credit for people's reactions to his playing.

And there goes the challenger...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #546 on: December 07, 2008, 04:32:37 AM »

Faulongung do you realize that the majority of rock fans are at best 50/50 with how they feel about Axl Rose? Your whole hes just another guitar player, get on board or fuck off mentality is insane.

Gnr need an identity. Right now when people think of GNR they think of how Axl broke up the old band. Yes, Axl delivered on what matters most, the music, but that is just half the battle. Im not saying the battle is over. I have said all along the album will have legs.

if that's how you feel, then i sincerely hope you do fuck off.  i could give shit what 50 percent of people think about axl or guns n' roses.  they don't have to post here.  and neither do you.  you have the power to decide not to be negative. i believe you can do it!  just go listen to this i love.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #547 on: December 07, 2008, 09:58:51 AM »

Never said hes the main or only reason.

Obiviously I had no clue who Bucket was before GnR. I grew to love GnR and Axls new vision even more though because of Bucket after I saw what he was capable of and how cool he looks playing on stage. And that is my whole argument! He gets peoples attention. That is what this band needs. They need people to focus on someone other than Axl. And it has to be the lead guitar players. But that doesnt mean anyone who plays under the GnR name automatically will command that respect or attention because they play for GNR. That is where we differ in this argument.

Im not saying Ron or Fortus arent capable players. In fact I rather see Fortus take lead over Ron. Both are excellent players. But there is a big difference between good/excellent and dynamic.

but alot of the other members also have contributed to the album greatly, and should be recognized for their great work,
An album is only as good as when every member adds something that another member cant.
and thats exactly what the result is with chinese democracy,
every member of the current lineup and non current lineup (bucket/paul) have added their own flare and style towards it ,
thus showing the final outcome  is so diverse and yet fresh.
I 100% agree. Im not trying to diminish anything the rest of the band has done. They are all AMAZING players.
But you have to realize, particulrly in the US, GnR will get judged by who their lead guitarists is. People mainly focus on the singer and lead guitarist. That is just a fact of life. While Ron and Fortus are excellent players, imo they arent going to be able to carry gnr past the misconceptions and uphill battle that they face.

if that's how you feel, then i sincerely hope you do fuck off.  i could give shit what 50 percent of people think about axl or guns n' roses.  they don't have to post here.  and neither do you.  you have the power to decide not to be negative. i believe you can do it!  just go listen to this i love.
your posts get better and better with each response! Keep it up ok

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #548 on: December 07, 2008, 12:56:13 PM »

No?

And in GNR he WROTE, not played on a good amount of the album. So in my estimation he is a main reason why CD is incredible. Hes just not another player

It's not easy to discuss with someone who says one thing and then denies it....

What do you actually think?

Is he or isn't he?  hihi

Obiviously I had no clue who Bucket was before GnR. I grew to love GnR and Axls new vision even more though because of Bucket after I saw what he was capable of and how cool he looks playing on stage. And that is my whole argument! He gets peoples attention. That is what this band needs. They need people to focus on someone other than Axl. And it has to be the lead guitar players. But that doesnt mean anyone who plays under the GnR name automatically will command that respect or attention because they play for GNR. That is where we differ in this argument.

I wouldn't be surprised if your were saying the same exact thing about somebody else if Buckethead had never joined GN'R....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #549 on: December 07, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »

So where is this monumental campaign at , Axl just put this out there , to close a chapter in his life or something , what gives ?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #550 on: December 07, 2008, 01:56:35 PM »

I guess if I have any negativity it is because I just always thought Chinese democracy being released would signal the return of GNR

so far, it hasn't.

Of course we still have next year but the silence is deafening for sure.

I just am disappointed that Axl took so much time and care on this album to let it be released this way...........

Once again. this isn't negative towards "The Music"  just how the entire comeback has been handled since day one dating back to the 2002 VMA's etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
R.B. Huckleberry
Opening Act

« Reply #551 on: December 07, 2008, 01:58:04 PM »

Chinese Democracy Starts NOW!

Now?

Um...now?

How 'bout now?

Dammit.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #552 on: December 07, 2008, 02:26:53 PM »

wow... sure are a lot of phony fans trolling the board today. 

sorry axl didn't choose to do everything exactly the way you want him to do.  sorry he doesn't follow the rules.  maybe you should listen to 'sorry' again.  he explains it better than i can.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #553 on: December 07, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »

Im surprised Best Buy didnt push it more, but I guess they figure, if you can only buy it there, then why promote it? They dont have to spend money to compete with Walmart, Target,etc. They probably figured, like everyone else involved appearantly, that it would fly off the shelves with no promo needed.

They probably also figured that the band would be doing promo. In fact, I'd be amazed if part of the exclusivity deal wasn't a commitment from band/label to a certain degree of promotion in return for so much money... That's how these things are normally done. NO WAY they paid $14 million with advance knowledge Axl and the band wouldn't be doing any promo.
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #554 on: December 07, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »

sorry axl didn't choose to do everything exactly the way you want him to do.  sorry he doesn't follow the rules.  maybe you should listen to 'sorry' again.  he explains it better than i can.

You have to separate two things, the music which is undeniable great and the business side which a lot of people feel is underwhelming or nearly non-existent.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #555 on: December 07, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »

I think it is pretty clear what is going on here.

The Label are all about the money

They feel fortunate to recoup their investment, so they aren't going to sink any  of the profit back into the album. promotion is expensive, videos are expensive.

So they are probably counting their money and just happy they made some money on an album they thought would lose them millions.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #556 on: December 07, 2008, 04:31:45 PM »

Im not saying Ron or Fortus arent capable players. In fact I rather see Fortus take lead over Ron. Both are excellent players. But there is a big difference between good/excellent and dynamic.

No offense but it does sometimes sound like you'd be happy with any GNR lead guitarist except Ron.
I really liked both Bucket and Robin, and i'm not putting them down, but i like Ron too, and i don't see your distinction. They're all excellent guitar players, and obviously Bucket and Ron are in a whole different league than your average player in terms of ability - so what makes one dynamic and the other not?

I think it is pretty clear what is going on here.

The Label are all about the money

They feel fortunate to recoup their investment, so they aren't going to sink any  of the profit back into the album. promotion is expensive, videos are expensive.

So they are probably counting their money and just happy they made some money on an album they thought would lose them millions.

That makes the most sense i think. If the album supposedly cost $13 million, then the Best Buy deal covered that, and the rest is profit vs. expenditure.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #557 on: December 07, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »

It's not easy to discuss with someone who says one thing and then denies it....

What do you actually think?

Is he or isn't he?
Is A main reason and is THE main reason are two different things

I said he is A main reason...not THE main reason

hihi ok

No offense but it does sometimes sound like you'd be happy with any GNR lead guitarist except Ron.
I really liked both Bucket and Robin, and i'm not putting them down, but i like Ron too, and i don't see your distinction. They're all excellent guitar players, and obviously Bucket and Ron are in a whole different league than your average player in terms of ability - so what makes one dynamic and the other not?
I really dont hate Ron or anything. I think he is very good. I just think Bucket is better personally than Ron. To me Bucket sounds better live. He has an explosive sound whereas Ron has a very drowned out noodling type sound. Idk hard to explain. Its a matter of taste I guess but I think Bucket is a great player.

As for the non music aspects, I just think the whole Bucket image and mystique is just what this band needed. Will Ron do the job? Yea, but imo he doesnt stand out musically or image wise enough like Bucket would have.

My whole point is not that GNR cant do well from here on out. They will be just fine. Im just saying I dont think they will have that "big comeback" like they could have with the other new lineup. And its not Axls fault either. You cant force people to stay in a band.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #558 on: December 07, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »

You have to separate two things, the music which is undeniable great and the business side which a lot of people feel is underwhelming or nearly non-existent.

okay, but what purpose does it serve to come on here and bitch about it, other than to annoy fans and bring down the mood?  ever hear the saying if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all?  how about just doing that. 
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #559 on: December 07, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »

younggunner, if you have heard Ron play with GN'R then I have a hard time understanding how you can claim he has "a drowned out noodling sound". I went to two GN'R concerts in 2006, and on one of them I brought my sister. She is a big fan of November Rain, and when Ron came out and did the end solo for that song we both looked at each other like "holy shit!". The dude nailed it. My sis used to like Slash alot but after hearing Ron's playing on that solo she felt like he nailed it even more than Slash in old GN'R bootlegs I've shown her. So don't tell me that Ron can't attract or impress people with his playing, he is just as good as Buckethead IMO.

Also, I think it's kind of stupid of you to say that GN'R won't do great from here on. That's a very pathetic prediction from someone who usually seems to know his GN'R stuff. I'm afraid you'll be proven wrong. GN'R will prevail regardless, Bucket or no Bucket. Seems to me you are just bitter about his departure.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: