Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 155771 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #460 on: December 06, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »

All I ask for is a music video.  Which is in the works or is done ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #461 on: December 06, 2008, 01:33:29 AM »

he guys are in this little band called Guns N' Roses, they know how to talk to media, they can play their instruments....
did I miss any major band interviews over the past month regarding CD. I dont care about Sex tapes or Rons new album at the moment. I wanna hear in depth interviews about the making of cd etc. did I miss that where are they  Roll Eyes  ?

They are in Guns N Roses but what you are miscalculating is the fact that they are a new band to the general public. That is the problem here. They need to act like a new band and not just a name. They need to work and get in peoples face and be out there. Guns N Roses is just a name. If you want to wear that name on your sleeve then you have to go out there and earn it from the avg rock fan. Its a two way street.
Oh right.

"Marketable".
yes if you want to be #1 in America they need to pick it up in that department.

Average people idolize Paris Hilton!
and average people take a lame ACDC album to the top!

You tell me. Have you been supportive of the current band at all times or were you hoping certain former members would return?
Both. Like you and everyone else here, I will ALWAYS be supportive of the band as long as Axl is in it....but where I differ from you and some on here is that I can also call it like it is and realize that the best oppurtunity for GNR in terms of the public was with the 2002 or even 2006 lineup. I can also fairly discuss why I think US sales have been sluggish.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:47:33 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #462 on: December 06, 2008, 01:34:10 AM »

FG69, don't forget to tell him he might stab you in the back when you aren't looking.

Even if all you said is true (which it isn't) that doesn't change the fact that the promotion on all sides has not been monumental.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #463 on: December 06, 2008, 01:36:17 AM »

See though Jim Bob, this is where things are getting miscommunicated. its like if you question the marketing, u all of a sudden become a "negative" fan.

I have yet to say anything negative on here about the CD, However you can't tell me so far this CD has got the promotion and push it deserves.

that isn't being negative, that is just being honest.

Like I said, if it was me running the marketing on this album, I would probalby do some things different.

Then again, marketing music isn't my job and we really don't know what is going on behind-the-scenes and what the circumstances might be... so its easy to criticize as an outsider, but we really don't know..

I'd love to see CD be the #1 album in the world(oh wait, it is!).. and #1 in the states.. but here in Vegas, I hear CD or Better on the radio every day, and everytime I log into myspace, I see the Chinese Democracy banners, so its not like there is NO promotion going on.   But at the end of the day, I am really enjoying this album, and no matter where it is on the charts or how it is received by the critics, nothing can take away my personal pleasure of this masterpiece. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #464 on: December 06, 2008, 01:37:25 AM »

wow, no offense, but you don't sound like a very good friend.  my friend's don't criticize me.  they support me and have faith in me.  as a FAN of axl rose's, i feel that way about him.  if you want to criticize someone, lash out at best buy for not promoting, the record company for not promoting, blame bucket for leaving and delaying recording, blame management for not getting it all sorted out perfectly, blame dr. pepper for making fun and failing to deliver on their promises.  but for fuck's sake, what's the point in blaming axl?  he's a musician.  he made beautiful, amazing, special music.  i'm very veyr sorry if that's not good enough for you, 'fan,' but maybe the problem is yours and not axl's.

This would have been post of the century but you forgot to blame Canada as well. Try again

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #465 on: December 06, 2008, 01:41:23 AM »

You and I both know that the current guitar players could very well become the same kind of stars you think only Buckethead or Robin could become.
Thats your problem right there and why I think you clearly dont get it. You cant just pop stars out of the oven. This is rnr not a boy band

Funny how suddenly everybody's a supporter while I've been the "asskisser" for years....

Just very ironic....
The difference is that although you are a fan, you dont think people who have issues with gnr or people who question Axl are fans. Whereas those people are fans as well.

maybe it's part of a plan that you simply don't understand because you don't really know anything about what's happening behind the scenes.  maybe there's any number of reasons for anything, and there's no point in speculation.  for years, everybody's wanted chinese democracy.  now they have it.  and yet there's still plenty to complain about.
I hate to break it to you but there really has been no plan.

for the record, WE aren't being negative.  just a few people who think that axl owes them something.  lots of us are perfectly happy to enjoy this amazing music and share that love with our friends.  i'm sorry that's not good enough for you.
most people can enjoy the music but still discuss the current situation at the same time.

hm... maybe we just a different opinion of what a fan is.  see, to me a fan is someone who says supportive things about the artists they admire.  fans don't spend hours and hours a day waitiing for any kind of bad news so they can post about it on the forum just to piss other people off -- other people who just want to feel good and have fun with their favorit eband.  to me a fan doesn't endlessly pester and criticize an artist for not being exactly what they're supposed to be.  you should listen to the lyrics to sorry.

a real fan should be like a real friend, able to support the highs but criticize the faults. If we're using lyrics to disseminate everyhting here, "the kiss ass sycophants throwin penance at your feet when they got nowhere to go watch em come in off the street"

wow, no offense, but you don't sound like a very good friend.  my friend's don't criticize me.  they support me and have faith in me.  as a FAN of axl rose's, i feel that way about him.  if you want to criticize someone, lash out at best buy for not promoting, the record company for not promoting, blame bucket for leaving and delaying recording, blame management for not getting it all sorted out perfectly, blame dr. pepper for making fun and failing to deliver on their promises.  but for fuck's sake, what's the point in blaming axl?  he's a musician.  he made beautiful, amazing, special music.  i'm very veyr sorry if that's not good enough for you, 'fan,' but maybe the problem is yours and not axl's.

you miss the point of what criticism means. If i screw up i expect people to call me on it, as a real friend would. A yes man tells me that it was someone elses fault. I have blamed best buy (but with the caevat that an economic meltdown puts their solvency at risk so they have to cut costs), i have blamed the label/ management-but the posts were deletd, i hated when bucket left because as per his work on the album he's amazing-but can understand because the album was nowehre near release and he went thru two riots and a couple cancelled tours, dr pepper plays no part in the grand scheme of tis....why blame Axl? he is the fulcrum through which everything guns n roses travels. To say blame all those other entities but leave Axl alone is the height of delusional sycophantism. To think he played no part in the departures, the delays, the mix ups, the failures is akin to 911 conspiracy theories about remote controlled airplanes. When it comes down to it, yes, there were other players in the drama that stood in the way, but the drama revolved around writing, recording and releasing a CD. And he was the main player in that drama, the beating heart, the breathing lungs.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #466 on: December 06, 2008, 01:44:13 AM »

I think some people forget about the early promotion of the album.  Shacklers Revenge on Rockband 2, If The World in Body of Lies.  That's pretty moumental when you have a brand new Guns N' Roses song in a video game that every other song on there is a classic.  Every major media picked up on the release date press release.  Best Buy did their part in advertising on TV, Website, flyer.  I was actually impressed to go back a week in a half later, to see that not only did they have the cardboard stand up in the middle of the floor.  In the music section they had 4 rows in the rock section filled with Chinese Democracy.

I understand the fan's who are not impressed by it and they say AC/DC was more significant.  It two diffrent bands with two seperate exclusive deals, of course there will be some diffrences on how they market there respective release.

Everyone take a deep breathe and keep listening to Chinese Democracy, I gurantee you we will hear from Axl sooner or later when he's ready.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #467 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:11 AM »

I think some people forget about the early promotion of the album.  Shacklers Revenge on Rockband 2, If The World in Body of Lies.  That's pretty moumental when you have a brand new Guns N' Roses song in a video game that every other song on there is a classic.  Every major media picked up on the release date press release.  Best Buy did their part in advertising on TV, Website, flyer.  I was actually impressed to go back a week in a half later, to see that not only did they have the cardboard stand up in the middle of the floor.  In the music section they had 4 rows in the rock section filled with Chinese Democracy.

I understand the fan's who are not impressed by it and they say AC/DC was more significant.  It two diffrent bands with two seperate exclusive deals, of course there will be some diffrences on how they market there respective release.

Everyone take a deep breathe and keep listening to Chinese Democracy, I gurantee you we will hear from Axl sooner or later when he's ready.
Yea but this is a new band. They need to be seen and not just heard. Unfortunately we live in a time in which great music isnt enough to get people to go to the store and buy an album. Being that this is a new band they need to go out there and act like one. They need to make fans by earning respect from them and showing people why they should be consideredas GNR.

As for Best Buy....CD isnt even in this weeks circular from what I heard. The carboard stands are being pulled. etc
Why? Obiviously something went wrong

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #468 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »

I think some people forget about the early promotion of the album.  Shacklers Revenge on Rockband 2, If The World in Body of Lies.

Neither were released as singles though. It was pretty much buy the product to hear the songs which doesn't really work bringing the music to a large base of listeners.

Best Buy did their part in advertising on TV, Website, flyer.  I was actually impressed to go back a week in a half later, to see that not only did they have the cardboard stand up in the middle of the floor.  In the music section they had 4 rows in the rock section filled with Chinese Democracy.

There was a knockdown cardboard display and a one week ad in the flyer. AC DC is still being pushed in the Wal mart flyer as well as a much larger display(s) accompanied by a full media output of all AC DC albums and dvds.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #469 on: December 06, 2008, 01:53:20 AM »

AC/DC fucking sucks.

So what if they have a better marketing team handling their album?    Their album fucking sucks and CD rocks.   In the end, thats all that matters.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #470 on: December 06, 2008, 01:53:43 AM »

My Best Buy pulled the display! They said they couldn't give it to me and it has to be thrown out! I love GnR but I am not climbing in the garbage for them.

JimBob-If you think AC/DC sucks why should I believe your opinion on the album, especially if you haven't heard it.

I agree though you can't compare Wal-mart to BB. There are like 4 times the number of Wal Marts.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:55:28 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #471 on: December 06, 2008, 01:54:05 AM »

You and I both know that the current guitar players could very well become the same kind of stars you think only Buckethead or Robin could become.
Thats your problem right there and why I think you clearly dont get it. You cant just pop stars out of the oven. This is rnr not a boy band

Funny how suddenly everybody's a supporter while I've been the "asskisser" for years....

Just very ironic....
The difference is that although you are a fan, you dont think people who have issues with gnr or people who question Axl are fans. Whereas those people are fans as well.

maybe it's part of a plan that you simply don't understand because you don't really know anything about what's happening behind the scenes.  maybe there's any number of reasons for anything, and there's no point in speculation.  for years, everybody's wanted chinese democracy.  now they have it.  and yet there's still plenty to complain about.
I hate to break it to you but there really has been no plan.

for the record, WE aren't being negative.  just a few people who think that axl owes them something.  lots of us are perfectly happy to enjoy this amazing music and share that love with our friends.  i'm sorry that's not good enough for you.
most people can enjoy the music but still discuss the current situation at the same time.

hm... maybe we just a different opinion of what a fan is.  see, to me a fan is someone who says supportive things about the artists they admire.  fans don't spend hours and hours a day waitiing for any kind of bad news so they can post about it on the forum just to piss other people off -- other people who just want to feel good and have fun with their favorit eband.  to me a fan doesn't endlessly pester and criticize an artist for not being exactly what they're supposed to be.  you should listen to the lyrics to sorry.

a real fan should be like a real friend, able to support the highs but criticize the faults. If we're using lyrics to disseminate everyhting here, "the kiss ass sycophants throwin penance at your feet when they got nowhere to go watch em come in off the street"

wow, no offense, but you don't sound like a very good friend.  my friend's don't criticize me.  they support me and have faith in me.  as a FAN of axl rose's, i feel that way about him.  if you want to criticize someone, lash out at best buy for not promoting, the record company for not promoting, blame bucket for leaving and delaying recording, blame management for not getting it all sorted out perfectly, blame dr. pepper for making fun and failing to deliver on their promises.  but for fuck's sake, what's the point in blaming axl?  he's a musician.  he made beautiful, amazing, special music.  i'm very veyr sorry if that's not good enough for you, 'fan,' but maybe the problem is yours and not axl's.

you miss the point of what criticism means. If i screw up i expect people to call me on it, as a real friend would. A yes man tells me that it was someone elses fault. I have blamed best buy (but with the caevat that an economic meltdown puts their solvency at risk so they have to cut costs), i have blamed the label/ management-but the posts were deletd, i hated when bucket left because as per his work on the album he's amazing-but can understand because the album was nowehre near release and he went thru two riots and a couple cancelled tours, dr pepper plays no part in the grand scheme of tis....why blame Axl? he is the fulcrum through which everything guns n roses travels. To say blame all those other entities but leave Axl alone is the height of delusional sycophantism. To think he played no part in the departures, the delays, the mix ups, the failures is akin to 911 conspiracy theories about remote controlled airplanes. When it comes down to it, yes, there were other players in the drama that stood in the way, but the drama revolved around writing, recording and releasing a CD. And he was the main player in that drama, the beating heart, the breathing lungs.

well, then maybe here's the difference... i don't think axl's screwed up.  i think he's a singer and musician, and he released an amazing, landmark album for the ages.  i don't see that as 'screwing up' like you do.  so therefore, i do not feel the need to come here and do lots of helpful armchair criticizing. 

but it's so nice to read how you are willing to give everyone else the benefit of the doubt, but when it comes to axl, it's nothing but criticism.  it speaks volumes about you honestly.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #472 on: December 06, 2008, 01:55:06 AM »

AC/DC fucking sucks.

So what if they have a better marketing team handling their album?    Their album fucking sucks and CD rocks.   In the end, thats all that matters.

As long as it doesnt prevent Axl from putting out more albums than Amen to that!

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #473 on: December 06, 2008, 01:55:14 AM »

AC/DC fucking sucks.

AC DC is guaranteed a lucrative promotion campaign for their next album, a prodigious and long lasting world tour, as well as a huge advance for their next album.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #474 on: December 06, 2008, 01:55:31 AM »

did I miss any major band interviews over the past month regarding CD. I dont care about Sex tapes or Rons new album at the moment. I wanna hear in depth interviews about the making of cd etc. did I miss that where are they  Roll Eyes  ?

They are in Guns N Roses but what you are miscalculating is the fact that they are a new band to the general public. That is the problem here. They need to act like a new band and not just a name. They need to work and get in peoples face and be out there. Guns N Roses is just a name. If you want to wear that name on your sleeve then you have to go out there and earn it from the avg rock fan. Its a two way street.

And how exactly did Robin or Buckethead get to be so "marketable"?

I just happen to think that members of GN'R, who happen to be talented and know how to speak can become popular among people.

You don't need to wear a bucket on your head....

That's all I'm saying and you seem to disagree.

Both. Like you and everyone else here, I will ALWAYS be supportive of the band as long as Axl is in it....but where I differ from you and some on here is that I can also call it like it is and realize that the best oppurtunity for GNR in terms of the public was with the 2002 or even 2006 lineup. I can also fairly discuss why I think US sales have been sluggish.

"In terms of public"?

And I happen to think the best opportunities are ahead.

Considering the album was just released... It wasn't out in 2002 or 2006.

It's so obvious you're just saying shot because you love Buckethead.

The guy's an amazing guitar player, but just don't fool yourself. If he was gonna be the guitar hero you want him to be, it was because he was in GN'R.

And since he's not at the moment, somebody else will step up and claim that spot......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #475 on: December 06, 2008, 01:58:24 AM »

Bucket was marketable in GNR. I saw an 02 show in London and there were tons of people with the GNR/Bucket shirts. Could Fortus and Bumble be presented like that? Sure but when you constantly hear "no comments" in interviews it makes it seem like only Axl can say something and have it matter.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #476 on: December 06, 2008, 02:01:16 AM »

JimBob-If you think AC/DC sucks why should I believe your opinion on the album, especially if you haven't heard it.
I've heard enough of it to know it sounds jus like what you'd expect from them.   Nothing new at all.   But you dont have to believe me, maybe you'd like it, we all have different tastes.

I agree though you can't compare Wal-mart to BB. There are like 4 times the number of Wal Marts.
Plus Wal-Mart has EVERYTHING so people will go there multiple times a month, as opposed to BB where the avg person only goes there when they have something specfic they need, probably a few times a year.

But on the other hand, Wal-Mart won't sell albums with dirty words and I think Axl made the right choice in not compromising his art.

The exclusive deal might have hurt first week's sales a little bit, but I can see why GnR/Universal took the deal.    I really think in the long run more and more people will discover this album and it will be remembered for the classic it already is to us.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #477 on: December 06, 2008, 02:02:07 AM »

Bucket was marketable in GNR. I saw an 02 show in London and there were tons of people with the GNR/Bucket shirts. Could Fortus and Bumble be presented like that? Sure but when you constantly hear "no comments" in interviews it makes it seem like only Axl can say something and have it matter.

And how many interviews was Buckethead doing?

Seriously, the guys are in Guns N' Roses, they can talk if needed, they can play.

Why do you think people wouldn't recognize that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #478 on: December 06, 2008, 02:06:24 AM »

Buckethead is a tremendous guitar player BUT..... I do wonder how casual GNR fans would've reacted to him.. would they have taken him seriously or thought Axl really had lost his mind?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #479 on: December 06, 2008, 02:06:49 AM »

I think the reason why fan's think Buckethead and Robin r more marketable is

A. Buckethead wears a KFC Bucket on his head.
B. Robin wears crazy clothing, hairstyle's, jesus look.

But Richard and Ron are as marketable as Chris, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Frank.

You don't half to market a guitar player in order to sell CD's.  Today's music is all about marketing a pretty face with a catchy lyrics (even though they are down right horrible)

That's the diffrence in GnR.  They don't need to go on MTV and perform, They don't half to do Ellen, Letterman, Conan, They don't need to have their own special one hour show on Axl and what he's been doing the last decade.  This is Guns N' Roses !!!! the music does the talking and im 99.9 percent they will go on tour next year and tear into their new songs off the album and kick ass once again.

The only ONLY !!! Thing I disagree with in the marketing so far is there's no Music Video ! that's it and im 99.9 percent sure we will get one pretty soon.

People this is Guns n' Roses don't compare their marketing to Britney and other's.  They can promote to the masses the right way which is onstage in a tour.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: