Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:27:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 155661 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #440 on: December 06, 2008, 01:03:47 AM »

You and I both know that the current guitar players could very well become the same kind of stars you think only Buckethead or Robin could become.
Thats your problem right there and why I think you clearly dont get it. You cant just pop stars out of the oven. This is rnr not a boy band

Funny how suddenly everybody's a supporter while I've been the "asskisser" for years....

Just very ironic....
The difference is that although you are a fan, you dont think people who have issues with gnr or people who question Axl are fans. Whereas those people are fans as well.

maybe it's part of a plan that you simply don't understand because you don't really know anything about what's happening behind the scenes.  maybe there's any number of reasons for anything, and there's no point in speculation.  for years, everybody's wanted chinese democracy.  now they have it.  and yet there's still plenty to complain about.
I hate to break it to you but there really has been no plan.

for the record, WE aren't being negative.  just a few people who think that axl owes them something.  lots of us are perfectly happy to enjoy this amazing music and share that love with our friends.  i'm sorry that's not good enough for you.
most people can enjoy the music but still discuss the current situation at the same time.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #441 on: December 06, 2008, 01:07:41 AM »

You and I both know that the current guitar players could very well become the same kind of stars you think only Buckethead or Robin could become.
Thats your problem right there and why I think you clearly dont get it. You cant just pop stars out of the oven. This is rnr not a boy band

Funny how suddenly everybody's a supporter while I've been the "asskisser" for years....

Just very ironic....
The difference is that although you are a fan, you dont think people who have issues with gnr or people who question Axl are fans. Whereas those people are fans as well.

maybe it's part of a plan that you simply don't understand because you don't really know anything about what's happening behind the scenes.  maybe there's any number of reasons for anything, and there's no point in speculation.  for years, everybody's wanted chinese democracy.  now they have it.  and yet there's still plenty to complain about.

for the record, WE aren't being negative.  just a few people who think that axl owes them something.  lots of us are perfectly happy to enjoy this amazing music and share that love with our friends.  i'm sorry that's not good enough for you.
most people can enjoy the music but still discuss the current situation at the same time.

hm... maybe we just a different opinion of what a fan is.  see, to me a fan is someone who says supportive things about the artists they admire.  fans don't spend hours and hours a day waitiing for any kind of bad news so they can post about it on the forum just to piss other people off -- other people who just want to feel good and have fun with their favorit eband.  to me a fan doesn't endlessly pester and criticize an artist for not being exactly what they're supposed to be.  you should listen to the lyrics to sorry.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #442 on: December 06, 2008, 01:10:11 AM »

Richard and Ron are guitar players in GUNS N' ROSES.

They play on the album of the year. They didn't quit.

Three things you need to consider before you make statements like you made earlier.

No, the difference is that the real fans SUPPORTED the band all the way through and got to the reward in the end in form of an amazing album.

Others just latched onto it pretending they always believed.

Turncoats.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #443 on: December 06, 2008, 01:11:43 AM »

hm... maybe we just a different opinion of what a fan is.  see, to me a fan is someone who says supportive things about the artists they admire.  fans don't spend hours and hours a day waitiing for any kind of bad news so they can post about it on the forum just to piss other people off -- other people who just want to feel good and have fun with their favorit eband.  to me a fan doesn't endlessly pester and criticize an artist for not being exactly what they're supposed to be.  you should listen to the lyrics to sorry.

You honestly think the majority of people here wait for bad news so they can just talk about that all day?

Again people can "have fun", support the band, but still be critical about som of the things they do at the same time. When did it become one or the other. Equate it to a sports team. You love the team no matter what but you always can question what they do in terms of strategy/personel decisions.

You would not like NY if you cant handle or accept that

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #444 on: December 06, 2008, 01:14:21 AM »

So,Jarmo I guess you are shooting down The Sun Reunion claims?

I love the album but surely what we have seen as of right now from Best Buy cannot be classified as a monumental campaign.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #445 on: December 06, 2008, 01:16:35 AM »

I would like to know what the 'plan' is because 'monumental' implies something that hasn't been done before or at least not done on this scale.  For example,  AC DC's marketing platform with Wal Mart.

It's disappointing because there isn't much of a buzz in the US for a terrific album.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #446 on: December 06, 2008, 01:17:15 AM »

Theres nothing wrong with valid constructive criticisms, fans do that.

But you have these people on various sites who post nothing but how horrible things are... these are the same people who bitched that the album wasn't coming out all these years, and now its finally out, and they would rather complain about lyric mistakes in liner notes and Axl not doing promo than enjoying the positive things..   its all doom and glooom.     The album is #1 in the world yet in some people's minds its a huge flop because it hit the charts at #3 in America.  Roll Eyes

we have a lot to be thankful for as GnR fans in 2008, and I just don't get those 'glass is always half empty' crowd.    I'm not saying they aren't fans, but I sure as fuck dont' understand it or want any part of it.    Some people must lead some pretty sad lives  Undecided

Then you have the 'R' crowd, and they aren't true GnR fans, they didn't come into the 21st century with the rest of us, and continue to dwell on what was rather than "get on board or fuck off".

If it wasn't for this site, I'd have abandoned GnR boards completely a long time ago.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2008, 01:17:55 AM »

I love the album but surely what we have seen as of right now from Best Buy cannot be classified as a monumental campaign.

If you believe some made up bullshit in a tabloid, theres no convincing you otherwise.

The album was released 2 weeks ago.   What do you think?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2008, 01:18:03 AM »

Once again, insults on the hardcore fanbase that got their asses out, bought multiple copies, helped spread the word but here once again, insults.

I can be negative and still be a fan, just as big a fan as you actually. I just call stuff like I see it regardless of what band it is.

If I think something isn't being done right, I will state my opinion. If I don't agree with something my favorite artist does, I will say so and it just isn't GNR I do that with.

I have a connection with this band and this music that I guarantee runs deeper than most and yeah, I have been negative but I sure as heck ain't some sort of last minute latch on or whatever or a troll or all the other shit I've been called on here because I refuse to turn blind eyes towards things I don't feel are right.

Pretending this band is infallable and it's everybody else who is wrong just isn't right.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2008, 01:18:32 AM »

Are you serious?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #450 on: December 06, 2008, 01:19:02 AM »

hm... maybe we just a different opinion of what a fan is.  see, to me a fan is someone who says supportive things about the artists they admire.  fans don't spend hours and hours a day waitiing for any kind of bad news so they can post about it on the forum just to piss other people off -- other people who just want to feel good and have fun with their favorit eband.  to me a fan doesn't endlessly pester and criticize an artist for not being exactly what they're supposed to be.  you should listen to the lyrics to sorry.

You honestly think the majority of people here wait for bad news so they can just talk about that all day?

Again people can "have fun", support the band, but still be critical about som of the things they do at the same time. When did it become one or the other. Equate it to a sports team. You love the team no matter what but you always can question what they do in terms of strategy/personel decisions.

You would not like NY if you cant handle or accept that

how about this?  the moment you turn that corner and decide to become a critic, do the fans of guns n' roses a favor and become a 'fan' of some other band.  if your're not happy then don't be a fan.  it really does seem that simple to me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #451 on: December 06, 2008, 01:20:22 AM »

Richard and Ron are guitar players in GUNS N' ROSES.
and very good ones. But again, imo, they arent as marketable and help establish the identiity of gnr like Bucket and or Robin could have.

They play on the album of the year. They didn't quit.
That doesnt mean anything to the average rock fan who isnt a fan like we are.

No, the difference is that the real fans SUPPORTED the band all the way through and got to the reward in the end in form of an amazing album.

Others just latched onto it pretending they always believed.

Turncoats.

So is someone like me who will passionately and gladly defend Axl and this new band any day of the week and who believes in the band and album not a fan because I think there are certain things wrong with the situation?

Am I a "pretender"?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #452 on: December 06, 2008, 01:20:25 AM »

The album is #1 in the world yet in some people's minds its a huge flop because it hit the charts at #3 in America.  Roll Eyes

The album is No. 1 in the world but it is not a strong No. 1 with approximately 640k units sold.

AC DC's Black Ice sold 5 million globally in their first week. A huge number and a big difference considering the quality of the albums.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:22:42 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #453 on: December 06, 2008, 01:22:56 AM »

Pretending this band is infallable and it's everybody else who is wrong just isn't right.

I don't think anyone is doing that...

I guess I'm just not someone who likes to get negative about things that bring me happiness.    Guns N' Roses never has been your average, run-of-the-mill band, and they will always do things a little bit differently.    Sure if it was me running things maybe I'd do some things different, but I'm not.   I just enjoy the music I've gotten, and the shows I've seen..  Fuck, seeing the band all those times in 2006 was some of the best times of my life... I just can't bring myself to bitch about little shit, its pointless!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #454 on: December 06, 2008, 01:25:09 AM »

The album is #1 in the world yet in some people's minds its a huge flop because it hit the charts at #3 in America.  Roll Eyes

The album is No. 1 in the world but it is not a strong No. 1 with approximately 640k units sold.

AC DC's Black Ice sold 5 million globally in their first week. A huge number and a big difference considering the quality of the albums.

Sure, but its still by no means a flop.     And you are right, CD is a much more solid effort, and I think over time, more and more people will see it. 
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #455 on: December 06, 2008, 01:26:20 AM »

Just very ironic....

maybe it's part of a plan that you simply don't understand because you don't really know anything about what's happening behind the scenes.  maybe there's any number of reasons for anything, and there's no point in speculation.  for years, everybody's wanted chinese democracy.  now they have it.  and yet there's still plenty to complain about.

for the record, WE aren't being negative.  just a few people who think that axl owes them something.  lots of us are perfectly happy to enjoy this amazing music and share that love with our friends.  i'm sorry that's not good enough for you.

a real fan should be like a real friend, able to support the highs but criticize the faults. If we're using lyrics to disseminate everyhting here, "the kiss ass sycophants throwin penance at your feet when they got nowhere to go watch em come in off the street"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #456 on: December 06, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »

and very good ones. But again, imo, they arent as marketable and help establish the identiity of gnr like Bucket and or Robin could have.

Oh right.

"Marketable".

The guys are in this little band called Guns N' Roses, they know how to talk to media, they can play their instruments....

Roll Eyes

That doesnt mean anything to the average rock fan who isnt a fan like we are.

Average people idolize Paris Hilton!

Am I a "pretender"?

You tell me. Have you been supportive of the current band at all times or were you hoping certain former members would return?

/jarmo

riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #457 on: December 06, 2008, 01:29:34 AM »

They play on the album of the year.

there are people and organizations that decide these things.

for me it's the album of the last decade, but in reality, in the grand scheme, CD isnt the album of the year. Is it great? yes, aside from some glaring missteps, but album of the year is about a lot more than good music.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #458 on: December 06, 2008, 01:29:39 AM »

See though Jim Bob, this is where things are getting miscommunicated. its like if you question the marketing, u all of a sudden become a "negative" fan.

I have yet to say anything negative on here about the CD, However you can't tell me so far this CD has got the promotion and push it deserves.

that isn't being negative, that is just being honest.

Plus u got the band debacle with the Robin situation, Everyone is scattered doing everything in the world............................................... I thought when CD came out, things would be different and so far the only difference is we have CD which is great but this album deserves to be promoted and it deserves to be heard. That isn't gonna happen if they keep on this path. Radio will only give this thing so many chances before it is off to something else.

I guess what makes me scratch  my head is how the guy who was genius enough to release two cds on the same day, the guy who was the architect behind three amazing cinematic like videos, and the guy who has been behind some of the greatest rock songs ever could let his masterpiece and labor of love be fumbled like this...

To the fanbase, it just doesn't make sense to us.    That doesn't mean we aren't enjoying the music but it is a headscratcher at the moment.  Could we be overreacting? Sure. Like I said, HUGE things could be in the works as we speak.  I hope so definitely.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #459 on: December 06, 2008, 01:30:41 AM »

Just very ironic....

a real fan should be like a real friend, able to support the highs but criticize the faults. If we're using lyrics to disseminate everyhting here, "the kiss ass sycophants throwin penance at your feet when they got nowhere to go watch em come in off the street"

wow, no offense, but you don't sound like a very good friend.  my friend's don't criticize me.  they support me and have faith in me.  as a FAN of axl rose's, i feel that way about him.  if you want to criticize someone, lash out at best buy for not promoting, the record company for not promoting, blame bucket for leaving and delaying recording, blame management for not getting it all sorted out perfectly, blame dr. pepper for making fun and failing to deliver on their promises.  but for fuck's sake, what's the point in blaming axl?  he's a musician.  he made beautiful, amazing, special music.  i'm very veyr sorry if that's not good enough for you, 'fan,' but maybe the problem is yours and not axl's.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: