Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 155809 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #400 on: December 05, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »

Call me Mr Optimism, but maybe this IS part of the plan...

Get the CD out there and have everyone asking "Where the HELL is Axl?  Fucker drops a CD like this from out of nowhere in hermitville, then nobody can find him!??!"  But wait - after 4 weeks "...here is his first and only interview since the release of the CD.  Hear what he has to say.."

i think you're right.  we're truly witnessing a masterful display from axl.  he's held all his hards closesly.  when he lays down his hand, we're gonna be stunned to see FOUR ACES.  (well, 'we' won't be stunned becase we knew axl was a genius all along.  but a lot of haters will be silenced once and for all.  until they start singing this i love, of course!)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #401 on: December 05, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »

Get the CD out there and have everyone asking "Where the HELL is Axl?  Fucker drops a CD like this from out of nowhere in hermitville, then nobody can find him!??!"  But wait - after 4 weeks "...here is his first and only interview since the release of the CD.  Hear what he has to say.."

i think you're right.  we're truly witnessing a masterful display from axl.  he's held all his hards closesly.  when he lays down his hand, we're gonna be stunned to see FOUR ACES.  (well, 'we' won't be stunned becase we knew axl was a genius all along.  but a lot of haters will be silenced once and for all.  until they start singing this i love, of course!)

Yep, that about sums it up. smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #402 on: December 05, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »

What would be "stunning" or silence the haters?  Giving an interview, and announcing tour dates?   Roll Eyes

I'm not really sure what you're expecting to be so groundbreaking.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #403 on: December 05, 2008, 04:50:41 PM »

What would be "stunning" or silence the haters?  Giving an interview, and announcing tour dates?   Roll Eyes

I'm not really sure what you're expecting to be so groundbreaking.

yeah, really... i doubt the world will come to a halt

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: December 05, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »

You guys make me laugh  rofl

Let me see if I got it right...  The plan is to release the album and not say shit for a month, all while watching sales of the project he's worked on for 14+ years plummet - like a jet without wings, then give 1 interview, and watch the world fall in love with him again, and everyone in the US will run straight to Best Buy...  Is that right?

Or are we going with the "Axl's to cool to be worried about sales" theory?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #405 on: December 05, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »

Let me see if I got it right...  The plan is to release the album and not say shit for a month, all while watching sales of the project he's worked on for 14+ years plummet - like a jet without wings, then give 1 interview, and watch the world fall in love with him again, and everyone in the US will run straight to Best Buy...  Is that right?

yeah maybe....in the US Grin
I agree with you, these guys who think Axl has a nuclear bomb to drop on all of us really makes me laugh once in a while.
come on, we have heard the album already!!!!! the music is not gonna get any better cos of an interview!
the only thing that would really stun me and take me by a huge positive wave of surprise is if he releases another album with the interview!

on another note, I would, as a huge fan, really really love to hear/read an interview of Axl right about now.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
cineater
Legend

« Reply #406 on: December 05, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »

It's such a shame there hasn't been a video.  My teen really does like the cd but if it hadn't been for her mom being a long time fan she would have never known this cd was out there and probably never had a chance to listen to it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #407 on: December 05, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »

probably best for this thread...

Its all about promotion.

Best Buy probably mailed it in after they found out Axl wouldnt help them. Cant blame them from that stand point.

WalMart shoved ACDC down everyones throat. And its still paying off. I hear that dumb song 1000x a day.

If Axl didnt care about sales then we shouldnt either. Just enjoy the album. Its sad that it has all turned out like this but there is nothing we can do. We did everything we could all of these years.

The album isnt flopping in the US because of the quality of music. Its flopping because GNR have not given the avg fan or skeptical fan a reason to go out and buy the album. Great music is only half the battle these days. The other half has to do with promotion and being force fed the music. We live in an age where great music isnt enough. The band has no identity besides Axl. And the problem with that is Axl is on 50/50 terms with the avg rock fan. He was like that even when it was old GNR. Now he is viewed as the person who broke that band up(even though its not tru). He knew going in that he had to rebuild gnr with a quality BAND. And to his credit he did that. But the problem is the year on our calendar doesnt range from 2000-2006. That BAND, the band in which he could have marketed Bucket and or Robin around, aside from himself, is GONE.

That is something that many of you miscalculated throughout the years. The whole get on board or fuk off, gnr will roll on as long as they have axl, etc only holds true in the small gnr community. I was always amazed by that attitude because I dont even think Axl thinks like that. His actions over the past few months confirm what I always thought.
 When Axl finally said it was time to release it and jump into the deep end, that philosophy and mentality, (while might be true) doesnt work in the real world when half or even more of your potential customers already hate you or have a problem with you.

The thing I find most disappointing with all of this as the writing takes shape up on the wall is that Axl was well on his way to making this a true comeback story. The album is AMAZING. But more importantly, he rebuilt GNR with a BAND. He had it. We saw it. He had a guy in Bucket and Robin who people can talk about. They are lightning rod guitarists that can draw attention to this band.
 Americans only care about frontmen and lead guitarists. Not bassists and a keyboard player. No matter how talented. That is how American rnr works.  He had that and it just pisses me off because they could have pulled this off.

Luckily for us, the die hard, we know he had that and accomplished that. We saw it from 2000-2006ish.  Luckily for us we will always have an official album that will remind us of what Axl truly accomplished during those silent years. We all want Axl and this band to prove the critics wrong. It just sux it is turning out the way it is. Maybe because we know GNR have a huge fight in them but for some reason we just arent seeing it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:12:22 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #408 on: December 05, 2008, 06:15:57 PM »

yeah maybe....in the US Grin
I agree with you, these guys who think Axl has a nuclear bomb to drop on all of us really makes me laugh once in a while.
come on, we have heard the album already!!!!! the music is not gonna get any better cos of an interview!
the only thing that would really stun me and take me by a huge positive wave of surprise is if he releases another album with the interview!

on another note, I would, as a huge fan, really really love to hear/read an interview of Axl right about now.

The point i think about interviews is that the less willing he is to talk, the more he becomes a 'scoop' and an interview with him becomes a big deal, because it becomes an interview with "the reclusive Axl Rose" who disappeared for almost two decades and came back with one of the top selling albums around the world. So even though it may not be as good as doing an interview a day to whoever listens, it does change the game to one where when and if he chooses to speak, everyone will want to listen.

And i'm not necessarily saying that's what Axl will do. It may be as simple as the fact that he doesn't want to deal with the bullshit questions. He's been through the media spotlight, done the interviews in handcuffs and been asked the personal questions. You think he's really looking forward to staring at tv cameras and answering questions about slash?? So if he chose not to promote this album in that way so be it... you people act like the album hasn't sold. It's sold.... A LOT.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #409 on: December 05, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »

probably best for this thread...

Its all about promotion.

Best Buy probably mailed it in after they found out Axl wouldnt help them. Cant blame them from that stand point.

WalMart shoved ACDC down everyones throat. And its still paying off. I hear that dumb song 1000x a day.

If Axl didnt care about sales then we shouldnt either. Just enjoy the album. Its sad that it has all turned out like this but there is nothing we can do. We did everything we could all of these years.

The album isnt flopping in the US because of the quality of music. Its flopping because GNR have not given the avg fan or skeptical fan a reason to go out and buy the album. Great music is only half the battle these days. The other half has to do with promotion and being force fed the music. We live in an age where great music isnt enough. The band has no identity besides Axl. And the problem with that is Axl is on 50/50 terms with the avg rock fan. He was like that even when it was old GNR. Now he is viewed as the person who broke that band up(even though its not tru). He knew going in that he had to rebuild gnr with a quality BAND. And to his credit he did that. But the problem is the year on our calendar doesnt range from 2000-2006. That BAND, the band in which he could have marketed Bucket and or Robin around, aside from himself, is GONE.

That is something that many of you miscalculated throughout the years. The whole get on board or fuk off, gnr will roll on as long as they have axl, etc only holds true in the small gnr community. I was always amazed by that attitude because I dont even think Axl thinks like that. His actions over the past few months confirm what I always thought.
 When Axl finally said it was time to release it and jump into the deep end, that philosophy and mentality, (while might be true) doesnt work in the real world when half or even more of your potential customers already hate you or have a problem with you.

The thing I find most disappointing with all of this as the writing takes shape up on the wall is that Axl was well on his way to making this a true comeback story. The album is AMAZING. But more importantly, he rebuilt GNR with a BAND. He had it. We saw it. He had a guy in Bucket and Robin who people can talk about. They are lightning rod guitarists that can draw attention to this band.
 Americans only care about frontmen and lead guitarists. Not bassists and a keyboard player. No matter how talented. That is how American rnr works.  He had that and it just pisses me off because they could have pulled this off.

Luckily for us, the die hard, we know he had that and accomplished that. We saw it from 2000-2006ish.  Luckily for us we will always have an official album that will remind us of what Axl truly accomplished during those silent years. We all want Axl and this band to prove the critics wrong. It just sux it is turning out the way it is. Maybe because we know GNR have a huge fight in them but for some reason we just arent seeing it.

So are you saying you think Axl gave up??
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #410 on: December 05, 2008, 06:25:33 PM »

Im not sure. He is too hard to figure out. I just think deep down he knows he had the band he needed to market this new band and comeback around. Maybe that is one of the reasons why, or just a small reason why he has been silent. Who knows

I was talking more from a US album sales perspective

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #411 on: December 05, 2008, 06:34:13 PM »

Im not sure. He is too hard to figure out. I just think deep down he knows he had the band he needed to market this new band and comeback around. Maybe that is one of the reasons why, or just a small reason why he has been silent. Who knows

I was talking more from a US album sales perspective

I can see how you might think that, but i just find it so hard to believe that after that many years of standing up to the pressure and not releasing the album, that he has released it and is somehow unhappy or uncertain about the future.
Obviously the silence is a choice, and maybe it's just become the GNR way. But it seems to be an effort. Ron isn't out there talking about details any more than he was before the album dropped. I think maybe they just decided any talk about band history or the making of the album and how long it took will only distract from and hurt the music and therefore sales. I mean that's what we see when we read the reviews. When they focus on all that the reviews tend to be worse, and if i was an average fan it would make me less likely to go find a best buy and pick it up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #412 on: December 05, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »

I think honestly, Axl isn't talking because he doesn't want his album overshadowed by a million what happened to the old band/reunion questions he will be bombarded with once he does give interviews.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #413 on: December 05, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »

If all three of you seriously think this, I fear for the human race...
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #414 on: December 05, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »

I think honestly, Axl isn't talking because he doesn't want his album overshadowed by a million what happened to the old band/reunion questions he will be bombarded with once he does give interviews.

May well be true... But better to face shit with no regrets than to let the album be overshadowed by an absent singer and a soda law suit IMO.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #415 on: December 05, 2008, 06:55:44 PM »

May well be true... But better to face shit with no regrets than to let the album be overshadowed by an absent singer and a soda law suit IMO.

Axl's silence and the Dr Pepper lawsuit is NOT overshadowing Chinese Democracy. For a look at the attention it's getting, go check out the Chinese Democracy review thread. Maybe Axl is less worried about how much attention the album gets (knowing it has gotten plenty) and more worried about what type of attention it gets. He hands over the music and lets people talk about it, intsead of handing over himself and letting people talk about everything except the music.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #416 on: December 05, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »

well they are sorta already doing that.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #417 on: December 05, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »

Axl's silence and the Dr Pepper lawsuit is NOT overshadowing Chinese Democracy. For a look at the attention it's getting, go check out the Chinese Democracy review thread.

CNN front-page gets more hits than any of the places those reviews are. My local news site has had four GnR stories I've seen...

1) The album is coming.
2) Review on release (positive).

Then nothing.

Then...

3) Axl's nowhere to be seen.
4) Dr Pepper.

In other words, since the day of release, those two things are the only mentions they've had other than the weekly chart results.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #418 on: December 05, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »

well they are sorta already doing that.

Exactly. I don't know what the best way to handle that is, i just think it's crazy that people post here as if they do. As if GNR and their management are idiots, but us guys on the internet could help them.

We are all actually listening to Chinese Democracy, and reading reviews about it. There were TV commercials and newspaper ads, listening parties and radio singles. It's sold very well, espescially considering the band hasn't released original material since the illusions and the album was only available at best buy in the u.s.... and this thread has become what? A place for people to bitch that the campaign isn't "monumental" enough for them, or that Axl should give an interview? Why, because people actually think they know best how to promote Chinese Democracy? Because they think they know what's best for Axl Rose and he doesn't? Maybe they'd just like to see an interview.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:11:50 PM by Skunk » Logged
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #419 on: December 05, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »

the biggest thing is that management said they we're launching with a monumental campaign and they didn't.

Things are being handle almost the same way the last management did. well with the exception of the album getting released.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: